Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is now a good time for a VRAB appeal ?????

3 posters

Go down

is now a good time for a VRAB appeal ????? Empty Re: is now a good time for a VRAB appeal ?????

Post by bigrex Sun 10 Jan 2016, 15:09

I think the rules are that new evidence can be provided up to a few days before the hearing, just as long as the board has time to review it. After all, how are you supposed to even know what evidence and paperwork BPA even has until they send you that package? You could have several reports that one would assume that would be part of your file, but are not. I know from experience that not everything makes it into your med docs, after them "losing" an accident report, that probably would have given me 5/5, instead of the 2/5 they finally approved, after two applications and 4 appeal hearings. I was told the same thing, but that didn't stop me from bringing photographs of the several hundred pound steel door that hit me, because none of the board members had ever even stepped foot on board a Naval vessel, and were completely clueless about what I was talking about when I was talking about my accident.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

is now a good time for a VRAB appeal ????? Empty Re: is now a good time for a VRAB appeal ?????

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 08:22

Received something from not mine but the "government lawyer" Friday, think it is suppose to be a brief looks like the crap file sisip sent during appeal, just a bunch of documents shoved in an envelope no format no dividing sections between injury's, witness statements, and medical evidence, looks like a gaggle fking mess and the kicker is im not allowed to fix it like i did in 2006 because i made their lawyer look like the studdering fool he was. Six month's and this is the crap i receive. three months ago i was sent a letter saying i was to send in any evidence now because nothing would be accepted from the date going forward. Now i get this crap that looks like it was done by a crack head, and im not allowed to put it into format because VRAB has already received it this way and won't accept anything new from me, talk about having your hands tied and being set up for a denial. WTF kind of system is this, anything has to be better than this. I know crack heads have to work to but do they have to hire them and pass them off as lawyer's. Kangaroo court what a joke, there is no justice for veterans under this current system when our hands are tied behind our backs and no other affordable options.

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 30 Nov 2015, 14:42

Wow, so many spelling mistakes in my post!
Sorry Smile

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 12:57

I think their working on it, lets hope they get it right not rocket science just common sense and basic grade 4 math. Would be a nice Christmas present or at least a new start to 2016.

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 30 Nov 2015, 11:47

I still think that it would be a good thing to create a tread that names all those crappy layers and those who signe the "denied' letters. Interesting patterns may imerge.
My VRAB rep layer was usless as well while on Vancouver Island. If i had listened to her my appealed would had been "denied'. I am really, really disappointed that there is nothing coming from our new VAC minister.
Maybee this week?

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 04:44

Six months still no word from lawyer. Hmmm very interesting will it be the same old crap or has Kent gave them a good spanking will you's updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Nov 2015, 08:42

Got two in been 4 months now think everything is on hold heard nothing from lawyer. not calling him his brief better be outstanding or will send it back for a do over not excepting crap like we have to watch out for this and that. seeing as i can't submit my own brief anymore. got a letter last week from vrab stating this. Made my lawyer look like an idiot last time. Anyone ever have the lawyer who studerd what a piece of crap he was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Nov 2015, 15:55

trooper your right of course many people posted about this more tan once .

and yes we all know it needs to be fixed .

not the point im trying to make at this time thou .

what im trying to do is explain why this may be a good time to get your appeals in.

what works against us most of the time can work for us every now and again .

not saying the tory appointees will grant every appeal they look at to drive the liberal budget up knowing there is little to no chance they will ever be reappointed by a liberal government .

just saying they aint gonna bend over backwards to save JT any money that's all.

id fracking well be getting my appeal in sooner rather than latter .

GET THOES APPEALS IN!!!

im shore it will not hurt .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Nov 2015, 15:42

well there is a selection proses , screening proses and interview proses . not in that particular order . by the respective screening and interview committees who are chosen in consultation with the MVA .

in the end a pool of candidates are presented to the MVA and from there he recommends candidates for appointment to the cabinet .

a long fracking dance when ya can just ask the MVA to appoint people and get the exact same result but then that would look a little too partisan I guess.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 03 Nov 2015, 15:13

If I remember correctly any MP from any party can nominate a person to be a VRAB member. They must complete a test and oral test then they are vetted by an all party panel.

The only members that are nominated by the sitting party is the Chair and Co-chair. Right now the Chair is empty, Larlee retired, and it is currently held by the Co-chair.

So the new Minister will appoint a Chair soon. Been hinted around the water cooler by Feb 1.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Nov 2015, 14:44

propat....nothing new here it's always been that way an will continue to be that way until someone takes a hard look at the way they operate , what government is in power means nothing.

I wrote in length about this very thing awhile back , their not stupid , they don't want to make it so their either out of work or scaled back.

I also posted about the OVO helping Veterans get benefits when they were denied.

It's a game of patience with VRAB , medical evidence is only a starting point with VRAB , the ladder of benefits has to be climbed slowly , very slowly , this keeps positions within VRAB an puts severe stress among Veterans.

So until someone in power has the balls to act on this , it will not change.

Back to top Go down

is now a good time for a VRAB appeal ????? Empty is now a good time for a VRAB appeal ?????

Post by Ex Member Tue 03 Nov 2015, 13:42

now you can believe what you want that's fine my opinion IS that VRAB is not looking at the medical evidence or giving benefit of doubt in many cases .

I also believe they are doing this just to save the GOC money so they can get reapointed. of course they would probably all tory appointed members by now and not likely to get reappointed by the libs so they now have nothing to lose .

yes I am paranoid but that in itself doesn't mean im wrong JMO that's all.

call me crazy if you must ;;;

but if was hemming and hawing over applying to VRAB to take a look at my case thinking maybe its a waste of time .

AND thought that these TORY appointees ARE NOT gonna bend over backwards to save the new LIBERAL government a pile of money .

id probably putting in my appeal sooner rather than latter .

but that's just me you do as ya will ;food for thought thou .

again JMO

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down