Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB vs LTD

+2
Teentitan
johnny211
6 posters

Go down

ELB vs LTD Empty Re: ELB vs LTD

Post by Panserbjørn Thu 05 May 2016, 09:37

You still have access to all the benefits that are on the VAC side, they are not exclusive to ELB.

- Panserbjørn

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DonnieD Tue 05 Apr 2016, 18:15

Guest wrote:Sounds weird you have more options on the vac side tpi,pia,pias,etc sounds like pass the buck to me. there are people on here better qualified to answer that as i am not a big fan of ltd or their manipulation tactics. Vac benefits are suppose to improve percentage wise no word on ltd doing the same. Would question cm as to why. This is just my opinion there are some real on the ball vets on this site that will give you the advice to make an informed decision. good luck.

Don't think that's how it works. I have Sisip LTD and all those other ones you mentioned on the VAC side (tpi, pia, pias, etc). I don't think it really matters if you have LTD or ELB. I'm curious what will happen to us on LTD if they introduce the 90% on the elb side.

DonnieD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 12:19

Thanks so much! My psychologist is helping me find a counsellor who does skype sessions. The CM even suggested it, so I know they are good with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Mon 21 Dec 2015, 11:41

Hey Mimsy welcome aboard. I may be wrong but going away for two months is part of your
rehab if your therapists says so in a letter. You are not on EI where they can stop payment for being outcan. I have done Skype sessions and they are fine and accepted by VAC.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 20 Dec 2015, 19:20

Hi mimsy. and welcome to csat. I am TPI and went through canvet. Never had sisip, I was always
VAC/DVA. But for the life of me, I can't understand why your cm would want you to appeal and go back to SISIP short of passing the buck.
SISIP is an insurance company. VAC is Government. Apples and oranges. I would go with VAC.
Keep a paper record of everything regardless mimsy.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 11:49

Thanks guys. I've had the psych voc assessment, and so far VAC as been great. The problem (begins anyway) is with the VRSB counsellor, who first asked VAC to close my file because they wouldn't be able to retrain me to 66%, and then asked VAC to close my file because I was going away for 2 months!! So if I'm not around, I can't participate in the rehab program, so I get cut off!?!? So, never tell VAC or VRSB you're going away.... the CM was actually really trying to help - he suggested (with Sr Medical Advisor approval) that I could Skype with my psychologist to maintain appointments. Unfortunately, my psychologist is not covered by her insurance to treat people out of the province, but she is willing to try to find someone for me, and will call my CM tomorrow to talk to him about TPI. There will definitely be more hoops to jump through, and going with the flow will prevail!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 20 Dec 2015, 11:42

Mimsy there is no difference between SISIP LTD and VAC ELB so why your new CM wants you to appeal your SISIP does not make sense.

As for the voc rehab if you can't do it then your spouse can and your CM should know this.

I suggest you get it in writing from your CM why he wants you to appeal the SISIP decision. I have never heard of a CM suggesting that a vet do something like this.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 20 Dec 2015, 09:04

Hi mimsy - As a TPI'd - VAC Vet, I can throw my 2 cents in. I suggest you stay with VAC, as wildthing is right. Even though you may not be ready for VOC Rehab, I would suggest you have your CM, get you on it right away, for a few reasons. They will send out an career assessment person (CANVET), it used to be called to do there part. But if physically and mentally for whatever reason you cannot be employed, then and only then, being on Voc Rehab, they will deem you TPI. It is alot of hoops to go thru. But you will not be TPI'd unless you do them. Once on Voc Rehab, it opens the doors for other things, putting in for PIA, extra pscy appts, excerise classes, yoga, or any other things that can help you. And onces you have PIA, and are TPI'd you could get PIAS. For those of us, who have gone thru it, it feels frustrating at times, but let it Flow,,lol, and do what they say, to get the end game you want. Any other ? just fire away, there are others on here also who have gone thru it. If it was not for this page, I would never know the processes. VVV....
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 05:36

Sounds weird you have more options on the vac side tpi,pia,pias,etc sounds like pass the buck to me. there are people on here better qualified to answer that as i am not a big fan of ltd or their manipulation tactics. Vac benefits are suppose to improve percentage wise no word on ltd doing the same. Would question cm as to why. This is just my opinion there are some real on the ball vets on this site that will give you the advice to make an informed decision. good luck.

Back to top Go down

ELB vs LTD Empty ELB vs LTD

Post by Guest Sat 19 Dec 2015, 23:45

Hi all - I released 3B almost 3 years ago. Two years on SISIP LTD, then they cancelled my coverage and I was transferred to the preapproved ELB with VAC (seamlessly, no stop in payments. Great CM at the time!). Now my new CM at VAC (also seems like a good guy) is recommending I appeal the SISIP decision and try to get back on LTD, since I am not really ready for any voc rehab. I am pretty sure I will never be 'suitably and gainfully employed' (i.e. at 66 1/3 % of previous pay), and I've been 'encouraged' to re train at trades that won't nearly match the 66% or the 75% of LTD/ELB. I feel like I should qualify for TPI, since I won't ever be fully employed in that sense again (never mind can't work full time!).
Am I getting bounced around? my file shuffled between departments for some reason? Any ideas if SISP is a better option than VAC? I actually thought that when I transferred to VAC it would be easier/I'd be left alone.....
Any tips on how to appeal to SISIP to get back on LTD, or how to get TPI designation with VAC?
thanks in advance,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum