Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearing damage most common disability in Canadian Forces

+3
Kramer
bigrex
pinger
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hearing damage most common disability in Canadian Forces Empty Re: Hearing damage most common disability in Canadian Forces

Post by Dannypaj Wed 13 Jan 2016, 13:05

It took the news to inform the general public about hearing loss in the forces. Having my handy dandy medical file at my own disposal is convenient. Amazing what they do not want you to see in your file.
So, Imagine I didn't see the news/ 1. no submission for a hearing claim 2. here we go again
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Hearing damage most common disability in Canadian Forces Empty Re: Hearing damage most common disability in Canadian Forces

Post by Dannypaj Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:16

The next picture I will send through my secure VAC account will be of me wearing a white balaclava with the Canadian flag in the background with a finger up in the air, advising the GOC to fix the VAC department, or face the wrath of the pen...or keyboard, because here in Canada.... we veterans allow our selves to continually be pushed around and bullied by GOC.

LMFAO
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:07

I took a picture of my medical paperwork and sent it over the secure VAC account as an attachment. Hopefully this will suffice because I am unable to hear what else they want me to do.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 09:52

did you say something dear, oh i quess not..lol
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 13 Jan 2016, 09:16

WHAT

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jan 2016, 09:13

Turn up the volume, please!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 13 Jan 2016, 08:59

Hey Danny good start but what I also did was I took my medical report with me showed it and also had my hearing retested and low an behold it was even worst then what it was upon release I then got the necessary paper work required to be filled out by the audiologist and sent that to vac with my audiologist I had done upon release and the process for me was pretty quick and with a good result

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 13 Jan 2016, 08:12

This is a picture of two forms that were filled out by the audiologist in
my medical file. This is my hearing loss, due to my service. Look at the
before service (looks great) and then on my release (not so
good).....Hearing loss with proof and by the way I am tired of being
screwed around by VAC.
Get this application right! so I am not spending years appealing this as
well.
Thanks, a frustrated and Disgruntled Veteran
Danny J.

This is what I sent the department on their MYVAC account with the downloaded proof.....Hopefully I am getting my point across, no more mister nice guy, I am all business dealing with this corrupt peace of shit department.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 13 Jan 2016, 06:55

Left Ear         on enrollment /   10    5     0     5    5   5    10
Right ear       on enrollment /   5     10    5     5    5   0    10

Left ear         on release/         0       5    0     0    0   0     5
Right ear       on release/        0       0    5     0    0   0     0

I recalled what the audiologist stated to me (damn man you lost a lot of hearing?) while I was doing  my medical release out routine. So you guess it, I did my research and low and behold there it was in my medical file, shocking!  Look at the hearing loss, before enrollment and after.  I put in a claim today,  but should I send them the medical documents as well, since the department that "us" veterans deal with is apparently not doing there job.  
How the F is someone suffering from physical/mental wounds going to be helped?

No wonder I was getting help, I couldn't hear them....lol....grrr.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 22:54

Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 12 Jan 2016, 21:22

Nothing heard! Out

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 12 Jan 2016, 20:51

Navrat - lol, you got that right. Say again over, and again..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 12 Jan 2016, 19:48

I had a claim in for tinnitus denied, asked for reconsideration, again it was denied
Then Nov 21 was my vrab appeal date, and it was like sex, a quick in and out.
The conceded everything, my 1 page medical doc, 3 audiololigist reports, even when the BPA was told to present the case, she basicly read one line, and he was yes, yes we have conceded to all that, and said you claim is all about the injury hockey puck from a slap shot (I played goalie for base team) and it was yes.

And about 7 minutes walked out of hearing with the confidence it was gonna be favorable. On the 8th I got the letter, favourable full entitlement.

But again that was from an injury I had back years ago, and like everyone else, yes it can seem overwhelming on certain days. And or if there is no ambient noise to mask it, radio can help due to the various freq of the music, but when its quiet, wow it sounds 10 times louder. And I just took it as its something I just have to live with, and just became part of my life.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 18:42

What! Say again?

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 12 Jan 2016, 18:08

As a 211, Rad Op Vet, my hearing claim was not a prob. I was deaf as a post from yrs of being in a 4x4 box, with HF squelch constantly screaming in my ears over headsets. I did have loss show on my release med, so maybe that helped. But i was so used to the tinnitus for yrs, i did not think of putting in for it, until a mth ago, when other Siggy friends all told me what it was. Will see where that one goes. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next