Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injured veterans to get choice over pensions or lump-sum payments

+8
Dannypaj
sabrelove
bigrex
Teentitan
Rags
Kramer
Rifleman
pinger
12 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Injured veterans to get choice over pensions or lump-sum payments Empty Re: Injured veterans to get choice over pensions or lump-sum payments

Post by pinger Thu 02 Feb 2017, 14:09

Kinda like having the hindsight of political promises before or after they collect dust and are forgotten.

Don't wanna go off topic here, but I noticed you periodically posting a WHOLE LITANY of VaC links per subject Trooper. Like cfis, da's, pia's, rehab, etc. etc. I thought that was sort of redundant, but my bad memory does not.
Benefits at a glance ? How about a VaC for Dummies category ?  I speak for myself because I never even knew VaC existed once upon a time. Could help someone else that was as cloudy as I was.

Back to topic.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Injured veterans to get choice over pensions or lump-sum payments Empty Re: Injured veterans to get choice over pensions or lump-sum payments

Post by Teentitan Thu 02 Feb 2017, 11:12

Trooper I wish I had of thought of doing this when I was Forum Master! LOL

As long as you don't post anything to do with sun and ways this is a good reminder for all of us and ALL YOU POLITICAL STAFFERS THAT REPORT TO THE PM AND MINISTERS.
(Ooops cap key got stuck)

Keep your promises Liberals, keep your promise.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 02 Feb 2017, 06:08

And rightly so Trooper! Keep up the outstanding communication!
CSAT has grown and is growing as more and more of us are now connected via Wi-Fi and social media.
They will not pull the wool over our eyes again.
Walked right into a lie and for WHAT? Votes and support.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Feb 2017, 05:33

Teen,

Why is it that I posted old news?

You are correct in stating that Veterans were bought votes by the Liberals and now we are being Ignored.
Ignored I would say in terms of the Lifelong pension promise.

However, my posting of old news was not posted solely on the basis of what you have stated above.

I believe that in certain circumstances such as an important issue such as the lifelong pension issue, or promise, that posting old news on this important subject acts as a reminder to all of us that this particular issue, or promise has yet to be fulfill, lacks in clarity, and lacks in status updates.
Older news can raise new discussions and new awareness on the subject that can lead to more information that surrounds the topic or subject.
We must also keep in mind that with new members joining CSAT and to the viewers that view our forum, we cannot just assume that everyone is up to speed on the lifelong pension promise subject.

It is for those reasons above that I have chosen to post old news articles on the subject of lifelong pensions that were promised by the Liberals, and have not yet been moved on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 01 Feb 2017, 22:13

Trooper why are you re-posting OLD news items? All you are accomplishing is proving veterans were only a vote that needed to be bought by the Liberals and bought votes being ignored.

This is old news and old promises that are NOT going to be kept.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 01 Feb 2017, 20:57

All you have to do is get one monkey everything it thinks it needs or deserves and it will do brutal things to the other monkeys for you, to keep the other monkeys from getting what it thinks it deserves
Had to share after seeing it on a post
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 01 Feb 2017, 20:52

this is why the three of us are still wondering what will happen, reassessments and lies?
If you can't trust your leader, who do you trust?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 01 Feb 2017, 20:49

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 01 Feb 2017, 20:36

Vet1234 - That is one thing I don't get, when we are TPI, and some of us getting CPPD, and our Dr,s/Pcsy write that we will never get better, and are chronic mentally or physically, stop jerking us with these 2 yr timeline crap..it's called TPI for a reason. Johnnys Rant,, Out..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 01 Feb 2017, 20:06

Here's some fodder for the pension fire...
I'm trying to renew my mortgage right now. I receive PIA/S and EELB.
I've been on EELB for only a few months. I ask my CM for a statement and explanation of my benefits. CM writes that my PIA/S is payable for life, but my EELB is to be reviewed in 2 years, at which point they will decide if I am to still receive it, or go back to VocRehab. After Voc rehab, my benefits last only 3 months...
I fu**ing told CM it was to renew my mortgage.
Mortgage place didnt understand how I am PIA for life, yet my ELB isn't guaranteed until 65. Mortgage place asked why my "pension" isn't guaranteed until I'm 65...
Pension = security
I literally had to get my Psych to write me a letter today, saying that he is my medical assessor and my condition is permanent. Hope my renewal gets approved.
FFS
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 01 Feb 2017, 19:57

Patience,,Lol, Patience has way outrun its course..Johnny Out..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Injured veterans to get choice over pensions or lump-sum payments Empty Justin Trudeau promises lifelong pensions for injured veterans

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2017, 17:20

Justin Trudeau promises lifelong pensions for injured veterans

Trudeau to release 'fully costed platform' in coming weeks that will include $300M plan for veterans

CBC News Posted: Aug 24, 2015 11:29 AM ET

Justin Trudeau makes promises to veterans

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau promised to "reinstate" lifelong pensions for Canada's injured veterans during a campaign announcement in Belleville, Ont. that pledged $300 million annually to expand and create military support programs if elected on Oct. 19.

Trudeau said that after "10 years of neglect" under the Conservative government, he would implement changes immediately, including a new fund to cover post-secondary education costs for veterans, two new veterans' care centres and more support for the families of veterans.

"For 10 years, Stephen Harper has been nickle-and-diming our veterans, lacking the respect and the support that Canadians have earned through service to country and that's something that we have to fix as a priority," Trudeau told supporters in the southern Ontario riding Bay of Quinte, which is home to CFB Trenton.

"This is about doing right by people who have offered everything in service of our country."

Trudeau said a "fully costed platform" would be released in coming weeks to show how the Liberal plan would be funded should he form government.

The plan includes:

• $20 million to create two new veterans' care centres.

• $100 million annually to expand support for families of veterans, including education and counseling.

• $25 million to expand the Permanent Impairment Allowance for the most seriously wounded.

• $40 million to increase the Earnings Loss Benefit from 75 per cent to 90 per cent of a soldier's pre-release salary.

• Increase the veteran survivor's pension amount to 70 per cent from 50 per cent.

• Double funding to the Last Post Fund for the burial of veterans.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-trudeau-liberal-veterans-pensions-1.3201506

Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr urges patience on military pensions

Injured veterans to get choice over pensions or lump-sum payments Image
Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr answers a question during Question Period in the House of Commons on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on Thursday, June 16, 2016.

The Canadian Press
Published Saturday, September 24, 2016 9:02AM CST

WINNIPEG --  Canadian veterans are being asked to be patient when it comes to the re-establishment of their lifelong pension.

Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr was in Winnipeg on Friday to meet with new office employees and service members.  

He was asked about his party's election promise to bring back the lifelong pension  for veterans after it was eliminated in 2006 by the former Conservative government in favour of a controversial lump sum payment.

Hehr said the Liberal government is working toward "having a clearer option" on the lifetime pension.

There is currently a lawsuit making its way through the courts in British Columbia that was filed by six severely disabled Afghanistan veterans in 2012.

It was halted in 2015 during the election campaign with the hopes that a new government would create new legislation on lifelong pension for veterans, but as of June the lawsuit is back on.

A judge is expected to make a decision some time in the fall.

"We can't run government by lawsuit, but we can implement good public policy and that's exactly what we're doing and I can say we are very proud of the work we are doing," Hehr said.

The lack of action on the government's part has not sat well with veterans who preferred the lifelong pension over the lump sum.

Winnipeg military reservist Harvey Gingras said he took the lump sum of about $93,000.

"You get a large check, does not last very long," Gingras said. "Especially people who have PTSD or any psychological problems."

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/veterans-affairs-minister-kent-hehr-urges-patience-on-military-pensions-1.3086955

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 20 Jan 2017, 21:43

Pinger - Communication - That is something we all did in the forces, and the backbone of my trade as a Rad Op. I am sure there is a huge Communication Dept/Spin Dept in VA. It boggles the mind of all Vets why No updates have been given in over a year now. Surely they are working on new policies to be announced hopefully in Apr, or not?
Johnny Out,,VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 20 Jan 2017, 20:10

It's been a year since that article alright, plus JT's promise of the return of "a" lifelong pension before he was even elected.

Given how this is paramount and why many (vets included) voted for JT in the first place,  Why couldn't KH have simply communicated an update to Joe/Jane Canada/Vet about it? (too late now).  Sad tragedies
That could have coloured him more sincere than ignorant to me at least.

Something like... "It is more difficult (stop laughing propat) than we initially thought bla-bla-bla-bla"

Here's a small redemption tip for Kent Hehr and his PR Dept:

Goto a young banged up, disabled NVC vet that's hurting financially re: their "award" as opposed to a PA pension. Someone on a long waiting list.
Then... (very respectful of their pride) broadcast live from their home carte blanc, off the cuff, without a teleprompter or cheap rhetoric flat out how things are going on our file.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2017, 22:04

politically speaking this is the perfect year if they are going to frack us . next year being the second best year . if in fact they are going to do the right thing and give the PA pension as an option just before the next election would be best .

of course it seems like they are going to frack us once again so ya I'm thinkin this year .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next