Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSHCP Tax Rebate Retro Claim

+3
Mike77
pinger
Teentitan
7 posters

Go down

PSHCP Tax Rebate Retro Claim Empty Re: PSHCP Tax Rebate Retro Claim

Post by pinger Thu 18 Feb 2016, 16:45

Called that number... 1-800-267-6542.

20 minutes on hold for 3 times. Good grief. Must be the wrong time of day or year.
"All of our agents are currently bla bla bla... but please stay on the line until you die"

NOT having a 10 year pension I just want to re-coup the PSHCP premiums that I pay.
Prior years I got my bank to print out those automatic premium debits for the entire year.
But I'm just pixxing in the wind if my income is too high to claim it to begin with.

However, if you can claim it, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUPPLY THE PROOF.
Only if cra knocks on your door later requesting the proof. But I don't like that route. Nope, not good.

Here's a double-sided coin. Who's worse, CRA or VAC? lol.

Stay very well all.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

PSHCP Tax Rebate Retro Claim Empty Are the numbers changed?

Post by Dove96 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 14:10

The first number: 1-800-267-0350 got me through to the Pension and Dental line.
The person gave me the other number for the PSH but I keep getting a dial tone.
I will keep trying - It is a busy time of year for them. Sigh.

Last edited by Dove96 on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 14:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More information)
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 20:43

Here is the number for Dental # 1-800-267-0350  (if needed)

http://www.veteranvoice.info/db/query-word_by_dates_more.asp?search_fd0=2202

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 29 Jan 2016, 19:36

Yep l called yesterday and had no problems also called dental plan and was told they were mailing there's out automaticity to everyone who pays into dental plan

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 19:29

Yes the full amount of what you pay for PSHCP is claimable...an just to let you know the number is Legit as I called it this Week...it took awhile for me to get connected...but I did finally get through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove96 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 19:16

Is the phone number good for Dental also?
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 18:42

tetech your absolutely correct...I think what their talking about here is the 10 year retroactive claim which now the PSHCP has initiated a new system in the form of providing us with a tax letter to simplify the process of submitting our retroactive claim.
This may have been available in the past but in a different way...now it is available as a policy which is suppose to make it much easier for us to obtain an more efficient in submitting our taxes.
Also once you request this you will then be put into their database an receive a tax letter every year going forward.

So I don't know if this is going to help or improve claiming these premiums going forward as you say we already get that info on our yearly pension statement.

Back to top Go down

Post by tetech Wed 27 Jan 2016, 17:42

Hi

Every year you receive a statement from Pension people. On the statement, is your monthly premium for medical and dental.... $xxx * 12 = the amount you can claim

It's been there all along.

tetech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 15:55

I did some inquiring on this today an this is what I got from the CRA...so what were talking about here is claiming the ( PREMIUMS PAID FOR THE PSHCP FROM YOUR CF PENSION ) You can claim this going back up to ten years...if you contact the PSHCP from the above number...your to request supporting documents showing exactly what you paid for those years in premiums...when completing your taxes it is to go on line 330...here's the kicker...once the amount is put in , a calculation is done using a percentage of your premiums paid in conjunction with the amount of your pension salary...so it's not guaranteed that you will indeed benefit from it.

Bottom line it's all up to the individual to contact the PSHCP for their supporting letter in the event they want to include this into their taxes to see if they will benefit from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 15:07

I know when you first release you can claim your preiums just the one time, but hey the only person who can answer that is our dear beloved leader TRUDEAU!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike77 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 08:10

I get HR Block to do my taxes and last year I asked about claiming these expenses but was told I could only claim anything over $1500 per year on personal/dental insurance costs? I'll ask about it again this year.

Mike77
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-04-12

Back to top Go down

PSHCP Tax Rebate Retro Claim Empty PSHCP Tax Rebate Retro Claim

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 19:28

I realize most here are aware of this an may have already claimed this...for those that missed it I found the following info which makes it easy to initiate if you so choose to do so;

"The second initiative is the potential availability of a tax rebate for retired CF personnel and Veterans. CF Pensioners receive a T4 from Specialized Services Division (Cdn Forces Pension) that DOES NOT include the premiums paid to the Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) which are claimable. To retroactively claim this payment, you can go back a maximum of ten (10) years, and receive a PSHCP tax letter: Call 1-800-267-6542. The person answering will place your name in a database and send you a letter which is for use with your tax submission. This will ensure that you receive this letter automatically into the future. The call takes about 4 minutes".

http://www.intelligencer.ca/2016/01/26/anaf-news-canadian-tire-offers-discount

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 30 Nov 2015, 18:34

I have never found that advantage... Sad neither has my H+R accountant of 20 years in my favour.
It gets nixed because my incomes too high. Even when it was not... wheres the substance of a federal and/or provincial credit? Never has served me squat.
Same as medical supplies. But I thank my lucky stars I at least got programs of choice POC coverage for stuff to begin with.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 16:46

Thank you Teen.

Back to top Go down

PSHCP Tax Rebate Retro Claim Empty Tax Letters for PSHCP and Dental Info for Federal Taxes

Post by Teentitan Mon 30 Nov 2015, 15:52

If you are paying monthly premiums for the PSHCP and Dental Plan you need to call these phone numbers and request a letter that will be sent to you every year so you can claim the montly premiums on your taxes.

If you have never claimed the premiums before you can request a letter that will go back ten years for you to claim this year.

PSCHP # 1-800-267-0350 (have your service number ready)

Dental # 1-800-267-6542 (have your service number ready)
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down