Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notice

4 posters

Go down

Notice Empty Re: Notice

Post by pinger Mon 07 Mar 2016, 18:52

Well that's pretty straight up trooper and I totally agree with you short of a totalitarian state.
Just gotta walk outside my door for the cussing, fussing, or farting around.

I bear in mind this forum is called csat. The Canadian Soldiers (expletive deleted) Assistance Team
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 07 Mar 2016, 17:26

Totally agree with you Trooper.

Foul language, slanderous statements, obscene posts only result in CSAT being ignored when trying to get a point made with the politico's, bureaucrats and VAC.

Clean language, with sound points and posts that are backed by solid proof is what makes the above to take notice and act upon.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 04 Mar 2016, 20:19

Mmm, I have been out of the loop in the head for the past few day, I appears I missed some going on's. Be kind to your comrade. Group hug all with trooper in the middle..Have a great wknd from this little Red Island..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 19:28

thank you for that buds it is appreciated . swearing is not about freedom to you and i get that and very well understand . there is this thing called freedom of expression that awww nevermind . thing is it very much is to me . all our freedoms weather they are seen as significant or insignificant to me or others are very important to me .

far to much has been paid to get and retain these freedoms ta just throw them away .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 19:24

I'm fairly lenient when it comes to questionable Language , I'm not constantly searching for this type of Language , it is in my view reasonable an should not , an will not be something that would be considered a problem in my eyes.

What I'm getting at here is the F word , even the F word itself can be posted as a simple mistake , I fully understand this an will edit the word without making a big deal out of it.
I've had to edit the F word twice since taken over my position , no big deal , did not contact the poster , edited it an that was it.

The F word being used constantly by the same individual , after being warned is where I will step in.

We do not have a problem here on the Forum with the usage of the F word , the only reason were even talking about it is because it was brought up by another member , leaving me no other choice but to respond.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 04 Mar 2016, 19:12

propat , swearing is not about FREEDOM , it is about ones character. Anyone can swear , it is very easy to do. My point is why do something that has no significance and makes oneself look belittled. Use the freedom to be better than swearing. I must remove myself from this conversation and move on. Thank you for your service propat and to your good friends who have fallen.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 19:04

well as for myself i think we should have a place here to speak openly with warnigs of cours but that's just my opinion and i belive im entitled to think whatever i want intil the thought police get ramped up anyway .

but that aside since its a forbidden subject a have no apology just a clarification my posts were more about freedom than just swearing .

fought for it for 20 years lost some good friends that were doing just that. will always be fighting for freedom and maybe some day even get to enjoy that very thing .

until then i will be standing on guard .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 18:54

No problem Firebird , just to let you know , I agree with everything you wrote.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 04 Mar 2016, 18:48

My apologizes trooper and I agree with the no swearing policy and meant no disturbance on the forum.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Notice Empty Notice

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 18:20

I have deleted the former notice to all CSAT members for the following reasons;

First off the Forum's main objective is to help , discuss , with one another various topics that is proactive in the form of help.
Discussion on rather the F word is suitable or not , is not helpful an takes us off track in our main objectives.

As I have already stated , I have made the decision to enforce the Language rules throughout the entire site.
That is my call , an again , as long as I'm the Forum Master , that's the way it's going to be.

For those who do not like it , you can find somewhere else to go an curse your brains out.
For those who do not understand why I have made this decision , your probably on the wrong site.

Further to this , I have had very little problems with members posting the F word on the Forum , so saying that , it leads me to believe that this is not so much about me doing my job , it's more like people wanting to cause a disturbance on the Forum.
So let me make this crystal clear to everyone , I'm quite an easy going individual , I allow members their freedom to post what's on their mind as long as it doesn't get off track to the point where it's insulting to others or confrontational.
I encourage all members to post , an to respond to post , that will not change.
I respect everyone , an I expect everyone to respect one another.
Let me also make it clear that if you attack me in a hostile manner , I will stand my ground in the way I see fit.
We must not allow ourselves to get distracted in a way that is counterproductive to our objectives.
If you want to simply come on here to challenge others in a hostile way , you will be dealt with , that I promise.
I have a job to do , an I will do my job the way in which I see fit , I have no time for people who simply are causing disturbances for their own personal satisfaction.

For those who are unsure of what the Forum Rules are , I advise you to log out out the Forum , go to the Forum homepage , click on register , the Rules are crystal clear for all to see.

Last edited by trooper on Sun 06 Mar 2016, 05:58; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down