Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error From Issued T4 Slips Notice After Your Taxes Have Been Completed

2 posters

Go down

Error From Issued T4 Slips Notice After Your Taxes Have Been Completed Empty Re: Error From Issued T4 Slips Notice After Your Taxes Have Been Completed

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Apr 2016, 12:37

As with any job, you have some that truly enjoy their jobs, and all it entails, and there are others who are only there to collect a pay cheque , and will not put the time or effort it takes to learn all the aspects of the job, knowing full well that they cannot be easily fired. So when you call any government agency, it's kind of like playing Russian Roulette, but with information.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Error From Issued T4 Slips Notice After Your Taxes Have Been Completed Empty Re: Error From Issued T4 Slips Notice After Your Taxes Have Been Completed

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 11:58

LOL. I'm getting use to being given the wrong info from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Fri 15 Apr 2016, 11:54

Thanks Trooper. I wish CRA would get their poop in a group!

Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 11:17

Trooper wrote:No problem sabre two of my friends are in the same boat , just remember that you must wait until the amendment shows up on your CRA account before you can change your return.

Correction from my above statement , apparently you do not have to wait for your amended Tax slip to show up in your CRA account before you can change your return via your CRA account.

So once you get notice of any change , you can submit the change in your account.

Again it's one of those situations where not all of the CRA agents are on the same page , different answers from different agents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Apr 2016, 09:46

well I generally pump through my taxes pretty quick but I think I got ya all beat .

when I filled them out I pumped in the wrong info from a slip.

yup instead of putting in my income from the INCOME BOX I for some unknown retarded fracking reason put in the amount from the withheld tax box instead .

so I got the call about 6 months latter telling me I failed to input income and wanting to know where an amount I put in came from because they had no record of it .

well I was peed BS no fracking way I forgot to input income that's what I told here .

just send us this that ....NO hold the fracking phone ill have this for you in 15 seconds ....BACK ...see I have this and input that and I have this and OHHHHHHH....

UMMMMMMMM

YAAAAAAA

then I was peed off at well... ME .

its kind funny now thou lol.

thing is I had to pay interest but didn't get penalised .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Apr 2016, 07:49

nothing showed up on my end yet, thank for the info troops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 09:07

Big Rex correct, I was penalized last year for not , I actually forgot 4500 dollars in a rrsp withdrawal .

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 07 Apr 2016, 08:28

And I recommend making the adjustment, ASAP. CRA doesn't care why the mistake happens, or who is at fault, because you will get dinged for it. When I released, it was January 4th, but the following year, I received my T4A for my pension, but the T4 for those 4 days unknowingly went to my previous address. so when I did my taxes, it was missing. I wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind, or I would have realized that I was missing some paperwork, but CRA accused me of intentionally hiding that income, and I was heavily penalized for it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 06:27

No problem sabre two of my friends are in the same boat , just remember that you must wait until the amendment shows up on your CRA account before you can change your return.

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Wed 06 Apr 2016, 19:01

Thanks for the info, Trooper. Hubby received an amended SISIP due to an "administrative error". That's fine, but the letter was dated 8 March and we didn't receive it until 4 April! This is the first year I did our tax returns early so now have to do the amendment. Now I can do the adjustment online, yeah!

Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Error From Issued T4 Slips Notice After Your Taxes Have Been Completed Empty Error From Issued T4 Slips Notice After Your Taxes Have Been Completed

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2016, 11:53

Something to pass on here in the event you have already completed your taxes and you get issued a notice of change from one or more of your issued T4 slips.

The issuer will send you and amended T4 slip detailing exactly what error was made and how to respond to the error.
They will tell you to contact the CRA to submit and adjustment.

Here is and easy way to adjust this error but you must have and online "My Account CRA" to proceed with the following adjustment.
No adjustment can be made until the amended slip shows on your online account.
Once the amendment slip appears you can then from you CRA online account go to first , Tax returns , View returns , Notice Of Assessment and scroll down to the bottom click Change My Return.
Change the return that reflects the details from your amended slip , hit submit and that is all there is to it.
Once this is completed the CRA will then do a reassessment which may take a couple of Weeks or so.
At this point it's just a matter of checking your account to see when the reassessment is complete.
It will either show , unchanged , funds owed , or funds refunded.

One more point I would like to bring up , and it has to do with the PSHCP Tax Rebate.
As pointed out in another topic "PSHCP Tax Rebate Retro Claim" you can claim this going back ten years.
Using the same method as described above , this can be done at anytime after your taxes have been completed.
It's just a matter of getting your letter from PSHCP  detailing the amounts paid for the ten years , and go to your online account and change your return reflecting claiming those ten years.
The exact same procedures will be implemented with the exception of having to wait for any amendments to show on your account before submitting your change to your return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down