Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+23
meathead
Wife of a Veteran
Rifleman
ghillie
Nemo
loggie
By the Bay
dzanzio
puddleduk2
rucksack031
DeeCee
liverlover
ceedee
peep
Dove96
kozi4
Teentitan
bigrex
rzm71
K9
Rags
Sapper Zodiak
1993firebird
27 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 3 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 16:55

Nav or me zero Very Happy

Last edited by Sparrow on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 16:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 16:54

You must have been having a memorable time if you were spending all of your time eyeballing the peanuts. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 16:52

Navrat wrote:I once noticed a recording device in the bowl of peanuts on the bar at the legion, scary!
Navrat, that was your wife keeping tabs on you.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 15:32

Nice ideas FF, but that's now how governments see things...your doctor knows you, understands you and your limitations...you do what you can when you can and pay the price for it later. These people giving you money, they see things one-tracked with blinders on...they care nothing of your attempted abilities and what price you pay for it later...all they see is that you're able to do something. I know that it's like the most absolutely incredulous thing that these institutions can't see things as human beings, that we have to try to get some enjoyment out of life, otherwise maybe they should offer visits to the Kevorkian Clinic to end our suffering...these people who do these things are sociopaths, they're hired for that reason...they have no conscience, no caring and no humanity...that is until something happens to them that puts them in the same situation. Ever get a call from a creditor...arrogant pieces of poop, (is that better Teen? lol)...they care nothing of your situation, nor will they cut you a break...this is who they are and what they were hired for, their lack of compassion and ability to get under someone's skin. The government is full of them...offering something with one hand while robbing you blind with the other. My thoughts are do what you can, try to enjoy yourself to the fullest or your limitations...just don't broadcast it, brag about it, share in on the internet...only with those you trust.

Terrible how these organizations all believe that the majority is out to fudge for a pension...for myself, I would give anything to work again, in fact, my last few months in the service prior to being placed on a medical patient holding list, I tried my best to hide the pain I suffered with...but the upper-echelon at HQ saw it clearly and ORDERED me to see a doctor pronto. Those organizations don't care what you did, who you saved, the sacrifices you made...to them it's all about money and how to take it from you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 14:45

I can do a lot but I pay the price for it in pain and being laid up for days at a time after, Did any one say that I can't do these things? no They said I should not, I know what the price is when I cross my limits and I use caution and I am as safe as I can be but I want to enjoy some of lifes joys while I still can so if some jerk off from some organization wants to play a game let them i have rights and skills.

They do not set limits on us and they can't tell us how we feel or feel for us so to follow us or spy on us in any way is asking for trouble and they will have to show there hand buy calling people out on a case by case basess and when that happens we will all know sooner or later and then shit will hit the fan.

so live your life free and happy out from under the thumb of the insurance company and its dicks if you see on take him or her out! to dinner or a coffe and explain the depth of there postion and send them on their way.

Just my thoughts

and i love a good RANT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 14:38

Yea, but that was for someone's sick, perverted pleasure when they took it home at night Nav...you gotta watch out for those really old legion guys. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 14:36

RR the pirate, with a shiny dome, scraggly beard and pigeon on his shoulder...is that right, Rrrrrrr, Rrrrrr? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 14:07

I once noticed a recording device in the bowl of peanuts on the bar at the legion, scary!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 14:06

Unreal...but what can you say RR...in this day and age of social media, "big brother" watches everything...like Orwell's "1984", just 29 years later, but it's supposed to be the future...anyway, (lol), what the hell happened to privacy? Not in that the government or an insurance company can't look at an open forum or public webpage, I mean, why does everyone have to put their daily activities out there for everyone to see, all day every day? It's like one is openly broadcasting their toilet activities for the world to know, what they ate, who they're boinking, etc, etc... What one shares privately amongst their friends is one thing, but to throw it all out there for the lurking investigators to use against you is just asking for trouble. Even stating that you're out there doing the simplest of things, even if you experience pain while doing it...they don't care, it's their ammunition to "take" whatever they can. They want us doing nothing other than staring at 4 walls waiting for the end to come...so they have to pay less in the end...they all talk a big game by bringing up quality of life, but don't think for a second they won't use that against you...why else do you think VAC always adds in a QOL questionnaire in their pension forms? Fishing for example...they would deem that if you're able to sit and fish, stand and fish, walk to your fishing spot, take a bumpy boat ride, pull in the big ones and have the mobility to continue casting and reeling, moving about...that is all evidence to them to determine that if you can do that, why can't you work? See my point? I'm not saying that one can't try getting any enjoyment out of life, but they don't want you to. Case in point...I have tremendous difficulty in walking, even very short distances and I require a certain appliance to assist me...but there are times when I can't use this "appliance" because I have trouble holding it...VAC used that against me, knowing full well that at time my medical conditions will do this...but they don't care, it's just their stupid mentality and angle to steal something else away from you. I'm practically a shut-in, they have all the proof and tons of medical documentation supporting this...but they still look for imaginary cracks to keep picking at and taking. SISIP is no different, they have people watching, waiting...they would rather spend more on investigating you than to pay you...that's how obtuse they've become. Trust me, if they can look for ways to try to screw me out of a rock solid disability, don't think for a second that if you make an attempt at having some enjoyment out of your life, then telling people about it, that they won't do it to you...they will and they're doing it as we speak...so much for our privacy huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 13:57

Thank you, RR, I have been saying the same thing, BE CaREFul

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 3 Empty From a friend so listen up veteran and listen well

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 11:18

It has come to my attention through word of mouth and albeit I have not seen or been privy to it myself the latest rumour is this,
Those that collect LTD and monthly entitlements for severe injuries be warned thar you are being watched. Be it said I was informed that those who frequently post personal photos of themselves on any form of social media enjoying a coast to coast ride on your Harley (for example) yet claim serve back, knee or anti social conditions (you know where I am going with this) be advised once you post personal photos comments and such it becomes less private. I am by know means developing paranoia here just be careful is all I say. If you need to go for a ride go but if your taking photos of yourself engaging in super human physical activities you are on your own. Evidence kills troops so common sense rules. Yes I have Facebook like most and having a good quality of life is paramount in the aide of recovery so enjoy your Facebook or Twitter just becoming the arm wrestling champion of Nova Scotia if you have severe and chronic pain in your wrestling arm and post pics of your latest victory over Killgore the Grimm Reaper of the largest Motor Cycle Club in Canada is probably not advisable. It makes sense in that LTD has risen dramatically in our community that a few well placed insurance agents have been hired to ensure that no false claims gave been reinstated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 08:00

With a black patch and that Marion beret , man , no enemy wants to see that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 06:07

Pirate trade opened up Nav but they said I would
Ok to aggressive with an eye patch arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 04:21

Memories, Sparrow, you ripped that right out of my head, that was Rimpac 96 and I was discussing RR transfer to the Navy, a supply tech position had just opened up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 00:29

So Navrat this is what you did in the Navy, smoke cigars and drink scotch all day
Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 3 4x9-boston-legal-balcony-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next