Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+24
meathead
cosmo12
Rags
dzanzio
ghillie
Nemo
peep
Wife of a Veteran
Rifleman
rucksack031
Recon031
OldZipperhead
froggie2u36
turbo
1993firebird
puddleduk2
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
Jeffery M
HAPPYCRAZY
bigrex
DeeCee
RCN-Retired
Teentitan
28 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 2 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 08:35

Maybe I am getting older, but does anyone watch that tv series The Strain! I can't help but notice that Minister Fantino reminds me a lot of THE MASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Thu 18 Sep 2014, 01:43

Fabriano must be held to the fire! (I don't care how he spells his name)

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Sep 2014, 09:14

LOOK AT THE ARTICLE. THE TAXPAYER. NOPE.NONE. NO NEW BENEFITS COMING AND MY CASE WORKER TOLD ME THAT VAC HAS NO IDEA WHEN THOSE 4 MONTH RETROS WILL BE PAID. THEY ARE INSTRUCTED TO AVOID THE TOPIC

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 17 Sep 2014, 09:08

Shyte ! Words fail me this morning. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 17 Sep 2014, 09:05

This wouldn't be such a big deal, IF Harper had not already eliminated the severance pay for those retiring. Now those getting ready to retire, near where they are serving, especially if living in PMQ's, will have to save up a down payment, money for closing costs, transfer taxes, as well as moving costs.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 22:08

Not knowing who the individual was at the time of the incident a few weeks ago, it is so very sad to know now that  Cpl Demers'  life ended so sadly and unjustly.
Heartfelt thoughts and condolence's go to the family, friends and community. Cpl Denis Demer is survived by his wife and four sons. Rest in peace soldier ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 20:28

The federal government will no longer cover moving costs for retiring members of the Canadian military who are relocating within a 40-kilometre radius.

The relocation policy change comes after Gen. Andrew Leslie, one of Canada’s most high-profile military leaders, claimed more than $72,000 in expenses for a 2012 move from his Ottawa home to another residence in the city after he retired.

Critics said Leslie’s expenses, which included real estate fees, were outrageous, especially at a time when Ottawa was closing Veterans Affairs offices due to budget cuts.

Leslie retired from the military in 2011, but Canadian Forces members are entitled to expense one last move after they retire.

Following a review, the government decided to amend the relocation policy “to apply only to members moving outside a 40-km radius within a one-year period following their retirement,” the Department of National Defence said in a statementTuesday

“This change will better align the IPR policy with those of other federal government departments and agencies such as the RCMP,” the department said.

The DND will make “compassionate exceptions for medical reasons and extenuating personal circumstances,” the statement said.

In thestatement, National Defence Minister Rob Nicholson said the Conservative government is “committed to ensuring respect for the hard-earned dollars of Canadian taxpayers while also providing our retiring CAF members with a way home following their military service.”

“A move down the road or within close vicinity is not defensible to taxpayers,” he said.

So it looks like if your move is over the 40km radius your good to go.
Also exceptions for medical reasons will be considered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 20:25

A Canadian soldier who was involved in a 40-hour standoff with Ontario Provincial Police last month has died by suicide.

Master Cpl. Denis Demers, a Canadian Forces medical technician who served two tours in Afghanistan, was found dead on Sept. 12, CTV’s Mercedes Stephenson reported Tuesday.

Demers was involved in a lengthy standoff with police in Petawawa, Ont., at the end of August. He was hospitalized after the standoff, which ended peacefully, Stephenson reported.
The Department of National Defence has confirmed Demers’ death.

“Any loss of a soldier is devastating to the Canadian Armed Forces community and our condolences go out to his family and friends,” DND said in a statement to CTV News.

A coroner is investigating, but military sources have told CTV that Demers did, in fact, die by suicide.

Military Minds, a group that advocates on behalf of troubled soldiers and veterans, is calling for a public inquiry into Demers’ death, Stephenson reported. The group says Demers was sick and did not get the help he needed.

Demers had been with the Canadian Forces since 2002. He served two tours of duty in Afghanistan, one in 2008
and another in 2010.

A rash of military suicides nine months ago raised questions about resources available to soldiers and veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health issues.

The Canadian Press reported Tuesday that the military has yet to fill 40 positions in its mental health workforce meant to address the suicide crisis.

There's definitely something wrong here, not knowing all the facts here, but one has to think, where was the support for this guy ?
Also, one needs to know if this could have been prevented ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 20:00

Harper just cut Cf final moves ! The good days are over!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 18:00

Rex,

I do agree with you for sure, just to add my thoughts with respects to those awaiting news from improvements to the NVC,
and my opinion is just that, my opinion.

Any news that comes from Fantino in this regard will actually be coming from the PMO.
Nothing, and I mean nothing goes through before a green light is given by the PMO.
In other words Fantino may want improvements, but they maybe rejected by the PMO.
This is the way this Government operates, sure they maybe granted funds, but any funds made available must first pass through the PMO.

Now we all know about all the cut backs, and cost cutting measures that has transpired since implementation of the NVC,
So he may find a way to find some room for some funds, that will allow for such improvements, let's hope he does,
but the way in which this Government has so far proceeded in this regard, it sure does not look like it's at the top of their list.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 16 Sep 2014, 11:26

I`m not surprised. The current Government has its` focus on keeping as many Veterans off the public purse as possible, regardless of their health situation. So the last thing they will voluntarily discuss are those who are absolutely unable to be employed, and the several reports calling for improvements to their benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 2 Empty ARTICLE IN THE HILL TIME FROM MINISTER FANTINO AND NOTHING ABOUT IMPROVEMENT OF NVC ???

Post by cosmo12 Tue 16 Sep 2014, 10:43

Allo follow veteran;

was reading a piece in Hill Time from Minister Fantino and not a single word about the improvement of the NVC ??

Any rumors on your net ??

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Fri 12 Sep 2014, 11:53

That just shows how screwed up our country is right now.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 2 Empty The rich get richer

Post by Jeffery M Thu 11 Sep 2014, 23:56

The top 10% of wealthiest Canadians own 50% of the country's wealth...

...now I know where my disability pension went.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 30 Aug 2014, 16:01

That's the primary, peacefully resolved without injuries. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next