Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+24
meathead
cosmo12
Rags
dzanzio
ghillie
Nemo
peep
Wife of a Veteran
Rifleman
rucksack031
Recon031
OldZipperhead
froggie2u36
turbo
1993firebird
puddleduk2
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
Jeffery M
HAPPYCRAZY
bigrex
DeeCee
RCN-Retired
Teentitan
28 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 38 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:40

Thanks Rex

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:37

I wish you the best of luck then my brother.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:20

The charter of human rights assures a safe passage Rex, I as well respect your opinion. But vac and Vrab can't hurt me anymore. As well I have met with a colleague and pursuing the duty of care and the lack of for soldiers that the ball was dropped by our GOC with regards to support of soldiers up to 2006, then the NVC is another issue. They ha a duty to care for they're soldiers, they dropped the ball!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 24 Sep 2013, 01:49

Supreme, while I have always been impressed with your determination, even when we were of opposite opinions, but IMHO, this is a bad idea. You have spent too much time becoming a lawyer to fight for Veterans right in the courts, and I'm afraid that by publicly protesting the treatment of Veterans, the GoC and VAC will try to undermine your credibility in a courtroom, which will hurt you and any Veteran you may be representing.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 22:19

Protesting poor ass treatment by vac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 18:05

Surpreme, what are you protesting ?

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 38 Empty Protest!!!!

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 17:58

https://www.facebook.com/cvla.lawdog/posts/206866062824777

Protest outside Vac in Hamilton tomorrow 8am. Across from copps coliseum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 18:35

Heard from him and all is fine.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the families and friends of everybody affected by this tragedy.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 18:30

Thoughts and prayers to the families. Very very sad.

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 38 Empty Tragic Accident in Ottawa with OC transpo and Via Rail Train

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:06

There was a tragic accident this morning with OC Transpo bus # 76 and a Via Rail train on its way to Toronto. The train had just left the Ottawa Station and had just slowed down to enter the Followfield Station to pick up more people.

All train going to Brockville, Toronto and area are cancel at the moment
There was 5 deaths but they just announced another just passed away at the hospital, 31 people injured.
People were sent to Montfort Hospital, Queensway Hospital and the Civic.

I'm nervous....my friend is a OC Transpo driver and it's in his area and also his brother is a driver. I've text him at 10:30 this morning and no response yet. I'm shaky and need to know if he's okay.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09/18/via-train-and-ottawa-city-bus-collide-reports-of-multiple-fatalities/

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/via-train-and-city-bus-crash-in-ottawa-at-least-6-dead-30-injured-1.1459799

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 12:40

Boston Pizza in Orleans will be hosting a night with the 2 Ottawa teams present.

Widow Of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 17 Sep 2013, 12:10

THAT'S IT!  I am officially boycotting Cadbury Caramilk bars!!!!!  Best damn team got beaten by a dumb golden wrapper!

I do have to say it was touching to watch Jodi's brother help "our" brother in some of the challenges.

Congrats to the Tim's and Parkinson's of Canada I believe you have a new spokesman.

I don't ever watch the American version of Amazing Race but I will definitely watch Season 2.  I have learned so much about Canada that I didn't know and in my opinion that is what makes Amazing Race Canada amazing...learning more about my country.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Sep 2013, 20:06

Attaboy Rex now you are getting it!!! Common sense is not a phrase used in politics.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 13 Sep 2013, 14:16

The thing that gets me is, a Veteran is not identified as a client by VAC, nor is VAC obligated to assist any Veteran, unless they have a service related disability. So why is the Minister of Veterans Affairs promoting a program that is not targeted at the Veterans with whom he is responsible for. Any priority employment plans for Veterans as a a whole, should be announced by the MND, or at least in conjunction with the MVA, unless it specifically states it is for Veterans with disabilities.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:29

OK RR sit back and listen to Dean Teen tell another bedtime story...

Does everyone remember the name given the 1990's in the CF? The Decade of Darkness. Well that happened because that blood sucking Finance Minister Paul Martin (yes the same guy who eventually became the last PM for the Liberals now it's up to little Justin, pass the bong, Trudeau to regain that title) cut the budget of the CF to shreds to balance the books for all of Canada.

One of the ways Paul did this was he came up with the brilliant idea called FRP (Forced Retirement Plan). But oooops the wrong people took the package and walked out of the CF. All the CF worker bees left and the CF had way to many Queen bees. Well the Queen bees waited out their retirement, the CF promoted a whole whack of soldiers who were/are no where near capable of being leaders and went to one of the Stan countries to fight a war, which I don't know if we won but that's another story for someone else to tell.

Well everyone ran to google earth searched the Stan country and found out where it was and stood behind the troops. Well eventually our new PM Stephen, control freak, Harper realized this Stan war is costing a boat load of money (and now the Navy is short of boats) so let's get out of Stan.

Well now our CF has too many worker and Queen bees so instead of doing the disastrous FRP cluster again let's tease the bees with jobs on civie street with big corporations that need well trained worker bees now! Not in a few years but now!

Problem is the PM has a whole bunch of injured soldiers from that Stan war so he can't discriminate them and shrink the size of the CF. What to do? I know he cried "Let's call it a Veteran's Work Incentive Program!!!!!!"

After all the only ones that will buy this nicely polished terd is Jane and Joe Canadian. Remember how they stood behind the troops well now they can stand behind the veterans who are being given top priority in hiring at Cenovus, CN rail, and about a half dozen other companies.

Last time I looked a lot of these companies don't want veterans with PTSD. And we all know that damn Stan country made a lot of those kind of vets. These kind of employees are not reliable. The construction trade's don't want the PTSD guys either because there is literally hundreds of tools that invite injuries and death at their disposal. But the double amputee guy is a diamond in the rough! Strap some adjustable stilts on him and voila you got the best drywall mud guy for ceilings in the business!

When VAC has one of their dog and pony show meetings with Veteran Organizations called VAC Stakeholder Meetings they brought this up in Feb 2012. Well one of the Stakeholders said "yeah this isn't going to work for veterans but it sure will attract healthy trades people to quit the CF and take advantage of a veteran program"

Well that person wasn't shocked at all when the lone CF Officer looked me (I mean that person) in the eye and said "Remember we are all veterans." That CF Officer works in that new branch at NDHQ called Director Casualty Support Management (DCSM) also called JPSU/IPSC.

Even when the person said "No company is going to hire an injured veteran over a healthy veteran if they want the job done" that DCSM person just sat there and looked at me like a blank sheet of paper.

Bruce Henwood (double amputee from Bosnia) liked my (oops the person) comment on best drywall ceiling mudder in the business even made a comment but again blank sheet of paper. Bruce looked at me with that "we are going to get no where on this" expression.

So now we know who these new jobs are targeting...the healthy CF veterans.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next