Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supplementary Retirement Benefits

4 posters

Go down

Supplementary Retirement Benefits  Empty Re: Supplementary Retirement Benefits

Post by K9 Wed 18 May 2016, 09:09

Navrat,
Here it goes, for those on Sisip, to get the SRB of 2%, you have to be on the Rehab Program, and be total invalid. So, you apply on the Rehab Program, fill in the paperwork and the moment you are on it, then if you are totally disabled, they will close your program and send you a letter saying you are totaly invalid.
Then you will receive at age 65, the SRB of 2% of all you got from Sisip on the date of applying or from the date of the new charter, have to check. This is the reason to apply on the rehab program even if you are not fit, I would say most precisly you should even more apply, because if not, you will not get the SRB of 2%.
That is the reason lots of Sisip LTD do apply.
Pat.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 17:25

I think you got a point their pan never received so much as one medical from SISIP but after the lawsuit and they actually had to start paying me money I get them every year like clockwork . frackers .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn Tue 17 May 2016, 10:16

I don't think they care as much to leave you on ELB if you are receiving SISIP, which could explain the erratic medicals.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2016, 08:00

no problem firebird . ya know come to think about it I don't belive I know anyone that received a second one of these . some haven't got one yet some have got one but I don't think anyone I know around here has got a second . odd .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 17 May 2016, 07:42

thanks propat.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 18:12

firebird they don't have to send you a medical buds how and when they send them and even if they send them seems to be a mystery around these parts as it seems they are all over the map.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 16 May 2016, 16:03

I am , just wondering why no medical yet for ELB or actually it would be EELB as it is after the first two years. I was removed from the rehabilitation program before the first two years was up.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 16 May 2016, 15:55

Firebird, once you are approved for ELB until age 65, you are on it unless they tell you otherwise. But under the list of other sources, it lists employment sponsored disability insurance, which SISIP would be considered. So therefor, you are still a ELB recipient, but because SISIP and ELB are both maxed out at the same level, you are a zero sum ELB client. That is why if you have been approved for ELB, you would start collecting that extra 15% in October, even if SISIP doesn't make the changes right away.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 16 May 2016, 15:18

So once granted ELB and then granted LTD , does a person remain on both? From what you are saying , they do. I never requested to be removed from ELB just informed VAC that I now get LTD.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 14:52

I still stay on ELB for mainly as a back up to SISIP because I don't trust them and other smaller reasons like the SRB .

as for the medical yes if they request it . I did one this year fist one since I started a couple of years ago . it was pretty easy .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 16 May 2016, 14:44

I was granted ELB and then I was granted LTD , now I understand that LTD cancels ELB out so why do you still stay on ELB? Do you have to continue to provide medical reports for ELB when you are not receiving any money just to keep your ELB status?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 14:25

if you are on ELB as well you are good . if not your out .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Mon 16 May 2016, 13:34

What about sisip ltd clients

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Supplementary Retirement Benefits  Empty Supplementary Retirement Benefits

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2016, 12:40

Purpose
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance on the rationale for payment of the Supplementary Retirement Benefit (SRB) and the eligibility requirements.

Policy
General

The Financial Benefits Program is designed to recognize and to compensate for the loss of earnings caused by a career ending or service related disability. One potential consequence of a loss in earnings is a reduction in the amount of retirement benefits that may be available due to the Veteran’s inability to work and therefore contribute to a pension plan because of the career ending or service related disability. The SRB is part of the Financial Benefit Program and is designed to compensate for the lower pension benefits that may be payable to a Veteran who has been unable to engage in suitable gainful employment due to being totally and permanently incapacitated.
The SRB is a taxable lump sum payment.
The amount of SRB is equal to 2% of the sum total of all the Earnings Loss (EL) benefits payable to an eligible Veteran or survivor before deductions.

Eligibility - Veteran

The SRB is payable to a Veteran who:
is unable to engage in suitable gainful employment as a result of being totally and permanently incapacitated, and
was receiving EL, or would have been receiving EL except for other sources of income which raised the Veteran’s income above the maximum limit, and
ceases to continue to be eligible for EL upon:
reaching age 65, or
no longer being totally and permanently incapacitated ie: recovers to a point of being able to be gainfully employable (see Totally and Permanently Incapacitated).

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/1093#anchor48716

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down