Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subject heading removed by Forum Master

4 posters

Go down

Subject heading removed by Forum Master Empty Re: Subject heading removed by Forum Master

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 18:23

Topic heading removed, Topic moved, Topic Locked, Member voluntary deleted.

Topic Closed
Forum Master.

Back to top Go down

Subject heading removed by Forum Master Empty Re: Subject heading removed by Forum Master

Post by pinger Sun 26 Jun 2016, 13:33

Bear in mind this topic was posted by a guest Rifleman.
The title stinks flat out.
FRACK THAT NOTION, throw it out the window !

But here's some of my warped thoughts  Smile

Sapper you wrote  "I tuck it away and don't let people know I suffer as much as I do."

I'm the same damn way. Far beyond a stiff upper lip or biting the bullet. Anything less makes me feel waaay too vulnerable.

In my neighbourhood no one knows I'm a vet or anything at all about me.
I really like it that way, always did, It's much more comfy.
If I really need help, I know where to go and will swallow my pride to get it.
Echoes of vip...

But for now, back to your regularly scheduled programming . . .

Topic heading removed, Topic moved, Topic Locked, Member voluntary deleted.

Topic Closed
Forum Master.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 26 Jun 2016, 13:05

I think this topic should be removed jmo

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 20:58

It is really nice to know the hard facts and just how difficult life is for some of you....

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 25 Jun 2016, 19:19

I hear you Sapper, to me that glass is very relative overall.
Comparing apples to oranges is just bad come "one standard".
It's enough to have common sense and be open-minded to begin with.
Until I lose my mind...

Chronic spasm cervical spine? That be one-sided? Mine is leftside LHS migraines went away 10 years ago.
Since then, very wicked LH arm tremors called cog-wheeling. It's the consolation prize if you ever snap your neck.
My doc thought I had parkinsons disease LOL!

But I remind myself... at least I have both of my arms....

Back to good encounters with dva...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 25 Jun 2016, 15:25

Thanks for posting Rex. Some people see the glass as half full I suppose. If you can laugh at it good for you. What ever keeps you sane. I tuck it away and don't let people know I suffer as much as I do. Just my way. It's funny how one can be 171% or the like and still be compensated the same as 100%. Some days when I am feeling good I am very grateful for my VAC award. When I am feeling shitay it just isn't enough.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 25 Jun 2016, 15:08

Believe it or not, you are actually pretty lucky, when considering some of the things that you have been approved for. I've had 4 out of 5 primary claims approved, but VAC has denied every one of the 4 consequential claims I have submitted, since my release 10 years ago.

From head to toe.

- OSI - 4/5
- Hearing Loss and Tinnitus - Denied - no recorded hearing loss on release medical and tinnitus can only be caused by hearing loss.
- Cervical Myofacial Pain 5/5
- Peripheral Neuropathy - Denied
- Degenerative Disk Disease 2/5 - this one took me two tries. The first one was denied because they said they didn't think I suffered from a disability from it. They couldn't deny it after they had to remove a disk, and segments of a few vertebrae only three years later.
- OA left knee - 5/5
- OA right knee - denied - losing 4 degrees of cartilage and requiring immediate surgery, after only three months following surgery on my pensioned knee, and weight bearing solely on the right knee, was merely a coincidence
- Peripheral Lymphodema - denied - The fact that my legs have been swollen since the surgeon screwed up during the two knee surgeries in 2004, where accidentally broke each leg, was ignored. VAC insists it is due to my weight gain.

I realize that you intended this to be humourous, but I don't find much to laugh about most days, especially when it comes to VAC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 12:54

All meant to bring a few smiles .....
i should get 99% for losted sense of humor!  
I used to be somewhat funny Smile clown

Last edited by ForceAwakenBlackass84U on Sat 25 Jun 2016, 20:54; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 12:44

Smile Deleted so as to not offend fellow Vets

Last edited by ForceAwakenBlackass84U on Sat 25 Jun 2016, 20:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Subject heading removed by Forum Master Empty Subject heading removed by Forum Master

Post by Ex Member Sat 25 Jun 2016, 12:42

Smile

Last edited by ForceAwakenBlackass84U on Sat 25 Jun 2016, 20:54; edited 1 time in total

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum