Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada to Pay for Military Veterans Medical Marijuana

+5
bigrex
Teentitan
OldZipperhead
acerman1234
pteadams2002
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Canada to Pay for Military Veterans Medical Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: Canada to Pay for Military Veterans Medical Marijuana

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 26 Jun 2014, 00:59

Thanks Rex...you have the stones to step up and answer a difficult question. I personally haven't embibed since 16 yrs old...but all the years of injections, nerve block, pain patches, narcotics, synthetics...you get the picture. Hoping to find something that actually works with perhaps less side effects. Natural remedy. I have no idea if it will work, but I am finding it difficult to treat chronic pain/depression with three different meds. Several times a day I might add. Anyone else have some ideas for me? Nabilone?
Thanks to any/all that respond here.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Canada to Pay for Military Veterans Medical Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: Canada to Pay for Military Veterans Medical Marijuana

Post by bigrex Wed 25 Jun 2014, 22:45

Sapper, even if your DR doesn't believe in smoking is a good idea, it also comes in different forms. There are also pills and oils. I don't know if there have been any studies to how effective the other forms are compared to the traditional joint, but it may be a less scary first step into the world of medical marijuana. But hey, living in BC, you shouldn't need a prescription, all you should have to do is walk outside and take a deep breathe, I'm sure there is enough in the air to help you out, lol.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Canada to Pay for Military Veterans Medical Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Medical Cannabis / Topics & Posted Articles

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 25 Jun 2014, 22:19

Has anyone on the site used VAC to pay for Medical Marihuana? I have been on opiate narcotics for decades and wish to try something new. I am actually afraid to engage my doctor with this request. Please respond here. Thanks.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Canada to Pay for Military Veterans Medical Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Veterans Helping Veterans - mftgroup.ca

Post by Ex Member Sat 29 Mar 2014, 08:53

mftgroup.ca - We are "Veterans Helping Veterans"

We (Marijuana For Trauma Inc.) are a new company that opened minutes from the front gate of CFB Gagetown.
Our mission is to help all injured soldiers deal with the effects of trauma related illnesses (including pain and anxiety). Our focus is to provide free assistance to all Veterans of the Canadian Forces, to achieve a natural state of health, through using many forms of therapy; including high quality medical cannabis. We realize that everyone is different and that medical cannabis is not the solution for everyone. If you are unsure if medical marijuana can help, visit our site and navigate to the "Information" drop down menu; for resources to help you make a more informed decision.
Also, we assist Veterans with dealing with the Department of Veterans Affairs; helping you fill out paperwork and informing you of entitlements that you might not be aware of. If you would like to find out more details, visit our webpage at mftgroup.ca or call our toll free number 1-855-638-0420. We look forward to helping our fellow Veterans.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 08:12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 21 Oct 2012, 04:48

I think to a lot of Canadians, for the government to openly admit that they pay for Veterans weed, is a bit shocking. The Tories are not big fans of medical marijuana, and the military lifestyle is overtly anti-drug, so to hear about them willingly giving these types of drugs to physically and mentally disabled Veterans, which to be honest, are very prone to self medicating with drugs and alcohol anyways, is news. The next thing is that they'll start buying us beer, slightly less potent beer, but beer all the same.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Canada to Pay for Military Veterans Medical Marijuana - Page 2 Empty They have been buying mine for awhile

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 00:07

Veterans affairs has been paying for my weed for well over a year now. I don't know why this is something new? It shows up purolated once a month 90 grams at a cost of 5 dollars a gram plus tax. It's not very good tho. It's a low thc blend from prairie plant something and comes in foil bags. They also irradiate it which some folks have voiced concern over.
I wonder why this has happened. Anyone else out there previously applied and turned down?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Sat 20 Oct 2012, 19:29

Does the military realize how much marijuana they are going to have to give us , to combat the stress, of this sisip issue once it is done

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 20 Oct 2012, 12:05

KBS I think you just had your 20 year flashback by remembering the basic training film! LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Sat 20 Oct 2012, 06:50

Last edited by Trooper on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 18:57; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : point was made)

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 13:49

I live on the West Coast on Vancouver Island. Way too much pot here, they have so much even the youth smoke it openly in public. There is definately a different attitude here about marijuana that far exceeds how I was raised.

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Thu 18 Oct 2012, 12:30

I could probably get supplied by one of my sons friends and I have been awake since 2:15 AM. If it could give me a full nights sleep, I might actually take up the odd puff.
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 05:04

Were do I sign up? Very Happy

acerman1234
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 04:20

Talking helps too. Yes, i've been awake all night. Just didn't want to take meds.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Thu 18 Oct 2012, 01:02

Hi Redfisher.
What are you still doing up? I can't sleep either.
If we had a Dube apparently is would help us relax, and we would sleep like babies.
I agree with what you say, but with all the legal drugs the doctors have been pushing us to take, and having to cope with the side effects i am willing to try something with less side effects.

Cheers.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum