Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans Affairs data gives detailed picture of medical marijuana use

+3
Dannypaj
Rifleman
bigrex
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Veterans Affairs data gives detailed picture of medical marijuana use Empty Veterans Affairs data gives detailed picture of medical marijuana use

Post by 1993firebird Thu 15 Sep 2016, 08:14

I am going to not use the order until I get a decision from VAC and if they are paying then I will smoke um like you stole um if not then I will return the order.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Veterans Affairs data gives detailed picture of medical marijuana use Empty Re: Veterans Affairs data gives detailed picture of medical marijuana use

Post by Panserbjørn Wed 14 Sep 2016, 20:52

Damn autocorrect switched unpensioned to I pensioned.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Veterans Affairs data gives detailed picture of medical marijuana use Empty Re: Veterans Affairs data gives detailed picture of medical marijuana use

Post by Panserbjørn Wed 14 Sep 2016, 20:51

I am surprised that they would use some of your I pensioned conditions in the application for the medical marijuana. They purposely left out any conditions that were not a pensioned condition for me.

I think that would open your prescription to interpretation by VAC, at least that is where I would get concerned.

Just a lot of money to be gambling with. I took that gamble and it did work out for me.

Now I just wish I could actually enjoy the feeling of being "high" cause it does wonders for symptom relief.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 14 Sep 2016, 20:26

I supplied the company with my VAC summary of conditions.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 14 Sep 2016, 20:25

I can not afford to spend $847 a month on Marijuana and I was told that I can order it now without a decision from VAC with respect to paying for it or not and that the company will pay for it until VAC decides. Well if VAC decides that they are not paying for it because all my conditions on my application form are not all pensioned conditions by them then I am not responsible to pay for it either. I do not have a pensioned condition for PTSD which is on my marijuana application but I do have a pensioned condition for major depression which is also on my application. Same goes for chronic pain , no pension , but I do for lower lumbar degenerative disc decease.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 14 Sep 2016, 20:04

1993firebird wrote:If someone wants to pay for it until VAC decides that is there chance not mine so if VAC does not pay good luck getting the money from me.

My thoughts exactly Firebird. I'm happy for you.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2016, 18:23

Firebird

Your supplier has processed many applications. You've met the threshold and they're are confident enough to cover your costs until VAC finalizes your paperwork.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 14 Sep 2016, 17:59

If someone wants to pay for it until VAC decides that is there chance not mine so if VAC does not pay good luck getting the money from me.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 14 Sep 2016, 16:48

You obviously qualified for PreVac approval Firebird. What made you change your mind on waiting for VAC to say yes?
I didn't wait.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 14 Sep 2016, 16:44

That's awesome!
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 14 Sep 2016, 16:41

Placed my first 30 day order today.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 13 Sep 2016, 08:19

Thanks for the info.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 21:15

fair enough Firebird.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 12 Sep 2016, 20:52

I gave them that information already as part of the application process. It was Andrea Scratch. I do not like them paying until VAC makes there decision because if I am denied by VAC then I am liable to pay and I am doing this only if financially covered by VAC.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 13:59

Not sure, but my guess is that you spoke with Andrea Scratch at Plants not Pills in London. She recommended Hydropothecary and Cannway(Aphria) to me. I ended up choosing MedReleaf and Aphria. They wouldn't have done the appointment if they thought you'd be denied... there's a very high chance that you'll be "pre-approved" and they'll foot the bills until VAC comes through. They ask for your K number and a pic of your BlueCross card, to verify your coverage ahead of time.
If you're still unsure of your coverage and the process, give MFT a call and they'll sort you out. If you have any other questions, the guys in this thread helped me out a tonne.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next