Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who makes up the panel that decides the outcome of claims?

3 posters

Go down

Who makes up the panel that decides the outcome of claims? Empty Re: Who makes up the panel that decides the outcome of claims?

Post by pinger Mon 10 Apr 2017, 11:38

Good Q Artie.... To question the credentials of that panel.

It rhymes with transparency, just like it's good to know exactly who were dealing with,...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Who makes up the panel that decides the outcome of claims? Empty Re: Who makes up the panel that decides the outcome of claims?

Post by Loader Mon 10 Apr 2017, 09:53

I'm not sure if a review board and board of review is the same thing, but below is a link to the Review & Appeal board. This link contains information you may find helpful especially if you decide to appeal the results of your review.

Veterans Review and Appeal Board

Cheers
Loader
Loader
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 07 Apr 2017, 17:50

Artie the members that decide on applications is known as the "Untouchables".

Can't talk to them. Email them. In other words absolutely no communications between this VAC department and the member/client.

They are trained to read the claims and compare it to the "table of disabilities". No real medical background or legal background is required to do this job.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Who makes up the panel that decides the outcome of claims? Empty Who makes up the panel that decides the outcome of claims?

Post by Guest Fri 07 Apr 2017, 17:08

Recently ( 9 weeks ago ) my CM submitted a CIA on my behalf. I called VAC today to see where it was in the process. I was told it was before a board of review. Does anyone know just who composes this board? , their credentials?. Is there a degree of transparency in VAC that somewhere on their site is a list of these "ya or nasayers". I would be interested to know the background of those that decide my fate? Are they doctors, lawyers, etc how does one psychologist read anothers assessment and deny it without ever having met the patient etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down