Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+9
AirLog
bigrex
Brasidas
LostTrucker
meteck
Dannypaj
patrickp4
EZRider
dennismanuge
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit - Page 3 Empty ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by patrickp4 Fri 28 Apr 2017, 09:42

Hello all. I've never posted here before, but I'm in with the class on this thing, so I've been following this board for a while now.
First, I don't know a g-d thing about the minutiae of the SISIP case, and I certainly don't know the details of Dennis and his experiences. I do, however, have a little bit of experience in suing the govt over pension issues, and I am completely convinced that Dennis' advice to go to the press is dead on.
Look, a little about me to set the scene.
I was hurt in the Mideast while with the UN back in 1990. At first DVA awarded me a pension (old system), then a few months later reversed course and denied it to me. I sued.
The case was dragging it's way through the system, much like this one. My lawyer was a newbie, and not all that smart, so I took matters into my own hands. Long story short, I ended up with CBC cameras in my living room and, wonder of wonders, I was facing the judge comparatively soon thereafter (few months).
(As an aside I won my case, got my pension. The case expanded the meaning of being 'on duty' in a special duty area, so I like to think that I've helped at least a few others in the years since get what they deserve, old pension or whatever the new thing is).
If it had not been for the press attention I received, I am completely convinced it would have taken at least another year. Everyone involved in this action needs to email that Drapeau lawyer fellow and tell him/her to get off his rear and do something. Have a member of the class who isn't doing so well financially be the public face of this. Issue a press release claiming Trudeau is denying justice to veterans, again (which he is). Do something, because otherwise this case will be like molasses on a cold day in Petawawa.

patrickp4
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-04-28

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit - Page 3 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by EZRider Wed 26 Apr 2017, 18:29

Dennis,

I also appreciate what you've done for us as I was a member of the SISIP Class action as well and also have 3 x more to lose on the this one. I assumed since precedence was set with your case, this one would be a no brainer, apparently that's not the case. It's a shame the politicians have to be shamed by the public to make it right.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Apr 2017, 17:30

dennismanuge wrote:What I did was to contact MDLO directly a few weeks back and was referred to MDLO website and explained that the case is still in discovery stage.

What we can do, I lost 3x more to ELB clawback then to SISIP is have a Public Relations Plan and a media plan, especially if the law firm does not.....if there is no public and obvious pressure, there is no reason for things to move along, other than at a snails pace

So this is my lawsuit too, more so, in fact, then sisip. but no one is talking about it anywhere and vets continue to sit on their hands and hope.....sorry but that doesn’t get it done.

I am very thankful I am not the plaintiff in this one as i got to see the worst of human nature, after a whiff of money, mostly on this site.

The irony and the double standard is quite something.....

Dennis,

I remember those days of confrontational back and forth nasty and down right dirty words that were said to you, not all CSAT members were against you, some stuck up for you including myself. I think you did quite well in handling yourself, I know you were under a lot of pressure and the backlash against you added to that pressure, but you kept going through the suit knowing full well the thousands of Veterans you helped, and that's what counts.
So I would be proud of that accomplishment, and those who are against you, forget about them.
We know that with all the disabled Veterans and the meds that come from being disabled causes all kinds of distortions in any one Veteran at the best of times, things are said that hurt others, it is, what it is, and it's bound to happen in an open venue.
I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it happens.

So for myself, like I said in my message to you shortly after the lawsuit, Thank You so much for all that you have done!
Many of us appreciate the time and effort you put into the SISIP lawsuit!

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 26 Apr 2017, 16:42

What I did was to contact MDLO directly a few weeks back and was referred to MDLO website and explained that the case is still in discovery stage.

What we can do, I lost 3x more to ELB clawback then to SISIP is have a Public Relations Plan and a media plan, especially if the law firm does not.....if there is no public and obvious pressure, there is no reason for things to move along, other than at a snails pace

So this is my lawsuit too, more so, in fact, then sisip. but no one is talking about it anywhere and vets continue to sit on their hands and hope.....sorry but that doesn’t get it done.

I am very thankful I am not the plaintiff in this one as i got to see the worst of human nature, after a whiff of money, mostly on this site.

The irony and the double standard is quite something.....

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Wed 26 Apr 2017, 15:56

dennismanuge wrote:LMAO, Bruce, you couldn’t piss me off if your tried...enjoy your day and you are welcome.

I just find it really funny that no one’s saying anything about it.
Maybe ya’ll mellowed over time or grew some patience

Dennis, it would be great if you could provide some positive input into 'our' lawsuit. How do you suggest those who have a stake in this claim, speed up the process?

I'm trusting the MDLO is doing what they can and the delay is in Ottawa.

I look forward to your reply.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 26 Apr 2017, 15:33

LMAO, Bruce, you couldn’t piss me off if your tried...enjoy your day and you are welcome.

I just find it really funny that no one’s saying anything about it.
Maybe ya’ll mellowed over time or grew some patience

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:15

And don't lump all of CSAT's users into the same pile because I've pissed you off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:10

I might not know jack about how lawsuits work, but I know a thing or two about helping my fellow vets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:07

I actually suspected your lawyers. I thought maybe they didn't include ELB recipients because it would be an easier win for SISIP recipients.

As for CSAT as a whole it's been an invaluable tool for me and from the other things I read for the majority of users.

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:03

you asked a pretty clear and straight forward question, and I answered, again don’t type until you know what it is your trying to communicate about,

no wonder i did not miss this place, holy cow.....same old same old....

how about blaming me for the % in your pocket as zero % or ) is nothing....just curious as to why the arm chair ab’s have no strong opinions on a slam dunk case that could have piggy backed easily on mine

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:00

Did I blame you for anything Dennis? Don't get me riled up man.

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:57

keep scratching Bruce, lol, maybe learn a thing or two before you type, lol

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:55

LOL, because if you know anything about class action law, it’s impossible to have two definitions of a class, thanks for coming out....but very few on here had a clue, just bash bash, and more bashing...LMAO.......good luck troops, your going to need it

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:53

dennismanuge wrote:First recorded entry in the federal Court docket was April 29, 2014 and they are still in discovery stage???? WTF?

Anyone asking any questions or was my case the only case any opinions were put forward. LOL.

3 years plus since filed statement of claim.....no media plan, no Public relations plan, just wait out! Last entry in court docket for this case was last July!

Reference: http://cas-cdc-www02.cas-satj.gc.ca/IndexingQueries/infp_RE_info_e.php?court_no=T-1068-14&select_court=T

At least MC had a budget for the PR and Media for SISIP Case......not so much in this one, kinda like Equitas.......

No resolution in sight

Dennis Manuge

We would have had a resolution by now if we had been included in the SISIP lawsuit.  I'm still scratching my head wondering why we weren't,  although I have my suspicions.

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit - Page 3 Empty what’s the hold up

Post by dennismanuge Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:35

First recorded entry in the federal Court docket was April 29, 2014 and they are still in discovery stage???? WTF?

Anyone asking any questions or was my case the only case any opinions were put forward. LOL.

3 years plus since filed statement of claim.....no media plan, no Public relations plan, just wait out! Last entry in court docket for this case was last July!

Reference: http://cas-cdc-www02.cas-satj.gc.ca/IndexingQueries/infp_RE_info_e.php?court_no=T-1068-14&select_court=T

At least MC had a budget for the PR and Media for SISIP Case......not so much in this one, kinda like Equitas.......

No resolution in sight

Dennis Manuge

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down