Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OCCUPATIONAL STRESS INJURY SOCIAL SUPPORT (OSISS)

Go down

OCCUPATIONAL STRESS INJURY SOCIAL SUPPORT (OSISS) Empty Re: OCCUPATIONAL STRESS INJURY SOCIAL SUPPORT (OSISS)

Post by Rags Mon 28 Jan 2013, 23:42

Grenier did not create the program he stole the idea cause he was not bright enough to think it up on his own. The program is great not what it was supposed to be but when a guy who did not understand the concept of it cause he stole the idea he wont make a good program. But its all we have and its not that bad just not perfect.
Greniers research was listening in on the program being laid out by another.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

OCCUPATIONAL STRESS INJURY SOCIAL SUPPORT (OSISS) Empty OCCUPATIONAL STRESS INJURY SOCIAL SUPPORT (OSISS)

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 13:22

This is the Link to the Occupational Injury Social Support (OSISS) organization.  If you feel that their is something wrong and suspect it could be and Occupational Stress Injury  like PTSD you can go to  OSISS website which has a self help test which is only an indicator that you should get checked out.  Their is a similar link mentioned in the VVI and may well be duplication but never the less helpful.  

When I finally got diagnosed after working with PTSD as an RCMP officer for 11 years it was a huge weight off my shoulders to finally find out what the hell was wrong with me and why I was being the way I was and it was not pleasant especially for my family. We were all relieved to know that it was PTSD and their was help, most of all things will get better and it is true through peer support and of course a Doctor experienced in dealing with PTSD.  

The OSISS program was the first one its kind in the world providing peer support for those dealing with OSI's. A lot of other countries have patterned their own programs on OSISS which was created by Colonel Stephan Grenier who is a friend of mine and has my utmost respect.

The following is from the news media in regards to Colonel Grenier's background;

Lieutenant Colonel Stéphane Grenier joined the Canadian Forces in 1983. In 1994 he was deployed to Rwanda for 10 months as the spokesman for the United Nations in Rwanda. Following his return he became team leader and producer in the Canadian Forces Electronic News Gathering team and was deployed for much shorter periods of time to Cambodia, Kuwait, the Arabian Gulf on ship, Africa, Lebanon and Haiti. Upon return from Rwanda, he requested medical help and was misdiagnosed. He was diagnosed in 1997 with PTSD but not told of his diagnosis. In 1999, he was diagnosed for a second time with PTSD and has been in therapy ever since. He took a personal interest in the way the Canadian Forces was dealing with operational stress injuries. He researched the issue and developed concepts to help soldiers deal with what they had experienced while on operations abroad. As a result of his own experiences, his research and consultation with veterans and clinicians, he created the OSISS Program and coined the phrase "Operational Stress Injury".

The following is the link to OSISS.

http://www.osiss.ca/engraph/peer_sn_e.asp?sidecat=1&txt=1

Back to top Go down