Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flying Within Canada with Medical Cannabis

2 posters

Go down

Flying Within Canada with Medical Cannabis Empty Re: Flying Within Canada with Medical Cannabis

Post by Vet1234 Wed 31 May 2017, 15:51

Good stuff.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Flying Within Canada with Medical Cannabis Empty Re: Flying Within Canada with Medical Cannabis

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 14:43

Loader wrote:Great Post for sure. The Canadian Air Transport Authority (CATSA) updated their website last year to state in part "If you are travelling with medical marijuana, be prepared to show medical documentation. In airports where police are present, they will be called to verify your documents". The link below leads to their page on travelling with medication and medical items.

http://www.catsa.gc.ca/medication-and-medical-items

Thanks Loader for supplying this link. Good information all around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loader Wed 31 May 2017, 09:15

Great Post for sure. The Canadian Air Transport Authority (CATSA) updated their website last year to state in part "If you are travelling with medical marijuana, be prepared to show medical documentation. In airports where police are present, they will be called to verify your documents". The link below leads to their page on travelling with medication and medical items.

http://www.catsa.gc.ca/medication-and-medical-items
Loader
Loader
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 18:18

Thanks Trooper. I hope by sharing this experience it might alleviate some of the apprehension veterans may have about flying within Canada with their MM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 18:05

Good for you Bruce, enjoy your trip and safe travels.

Back to top Go down

Flying Within Canada with Medical Cannabis Empty Flying Within Canada with Medical Cannabis

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 15:20

This morning at 0755hrs in Toronto I boarded a Westjet flight to St. John's Newfoundland with 120 grams of MM in my possession.

The process was fairly straight forward. I checked in with the airline, never mentioning I had cannabis in my carry on, dropped off my oversized rucksack full of camping gear I can barely pick up, at the oversized baggage drop, and wandered over to Wendy's and jammed a Baconator into my face at 0500hrs. No I don't drink coffee.

After humiliating myself by consuming the Baconator, I went and tracked down a police officer and explained to him I had a quarter pound of MM in my small backpack.  He then calmly directed me to airport security,  where I informed them I had MM in my possession.  They in turn, notified 2 police officers, who did a background check on me to see if I was wanted. Naturally, I passed that phase with flying colours. They inspected the contents of my carry on bag and informed airport security that I was good to go. The officers thanked me for my service and went about their business.  Airport security, then authorized me to proceed to my departure gate.

Easy peasy!

Any veterans in Newfoundland drop me a line if you want some company, if I can swing it, I'll drop by for beers or just to talk.  I'll be in Newfoundland approximately 45 days, camping my sorry ass off, all over the province.

Last edited by Bruce72 on Tue 30 May 2017, 16:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar, and it's still not perfect)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down