Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Informal appeal process?

4 posters

Go down

Informal appeal process? Empty Re: Informal appeal process?

Post by pinger Fri 30 Jun 2017, 20:10

Hello Halifax275,

I have gone through what you are approaching. Chapter 17 even under the new post TOD is lengthy.
Like Newfie mentioned, BPA is one avenue. You can also contact a legion service officer for support, or even a private lawyer. I used all of the above with some success over my time. But doing it myself succeeded very well.

I do not want to confuse you, but be aware of consequential claims. As well as submitting a new lower leg function L/R claim in years to come...

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Halifax275 Fri 30 Jun 2017, 18:01

I called today and she said that my called has been logged and I should hear back from someone in roughly 8 weeks.

Halifax275
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Fri 30 Jun 2017, 17:40

Bureau of Pensions Advocate. 1-877-228-2250
I called for reassessment of decision based on info be not used in decision. I received a call back within 2 hours and was advised to upload my missing info thru myVAC

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Halifax275 Fri 30 Jun 2017, 06:14

Thank you. I will call them today.

Halifax275
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Wed 28 Jun 2017, 18:23

Call the bureau of Pensions Advocate and ask for a "departmental review" of your assessment decision. The office of the advocate will review all of the information you submitted along with the rationale of the assessment made by VAC. The advocate will provide you with advice on whether or not to appeal the assessment.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Informal appeal process? Empty Informal appeal process?

Post by Halifax275 Wed 28 Jun 2017, 13:30

First of all, I want to thank all that contribute such great information to these forums. I have been reading posts for quite a while now and they helped me get 2 successful decisions in the last year.

My question is with regards to what to do post-decision if you don't agree with the assessment. I was granted full entitlement for Degenerative Disc Disease Lumbar Spine assessed at 10% (9 + 1 QOL). I have some numb toes in my left foot that can be related to a bulging disc at L4-5 (in my opinion through reading reputable sources online). Table 17.19 has "Sensory Loss in Dermatomal pattern" as a qualifying factor for a rating of 13. I believe that I should have been awarded that rating.

I know that I can file a formal appeal through the VRAB but is there a more informal way to nudge them to see if they have considered that symptom or if it was just missed when reading all doctors' reports? Can I just send them a letter explaining all this or do I need to file a formal appeal?

Thank you

Halifax275
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down