Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reassessment of a Disability for the Purpose of a Claim Before the Two Year Mark

Go down

Reassessment of a Disability for the Purpose of a Claim Before the Two Year Mark Empty Re: Reassessment of a Disability for the Purpose of a Claim Before the Two Year Mark

Post by pinger Sun 16 Jul 2017, 20:19

Hi Bruce,

New information is great (getting ones doc's in a row), but I always waited 2 years.

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Reassessment of a Disability for the Purpose of a Claim Before the Two Year Mark Empty Reassessment of a Disability for the Purpose of a Claim Before the Two Year Mark

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jul 2017, 16:38

Last year I put in for a reassessment for PTSD and was subsequently awarded an additional 15%.  Recently I again applied for a reassessment with one year technically to go before I could make that request.

Originally, my CM told me it wasn't possible to resubmit a claim again so soon. However, I had new medical information that I feel would change my medical impairment rating. So my CM went ahead and submitted the request.  As it turns out, VAC said that due to the new medical reports, they are able to move ahead with adjudication of my reassessment before the 2 year threshold.

It is really important that vets do not take at face value what their CM's tell them. You are your own best advocate.

Last edited by Bruce72 on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 22:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited title)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum