Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minister of Veteran's Affairs Mandate Letter from Trudeau

+6
Supremedebater
LostTrucker
pinger
johnny211
Teentitan
Nemo
10 posters

Go down

Minister of Veteran's Affairs Mandate Letter from Trudeau Empty Re: Minister of Veteran's Affairs Mandate Letter from Trudeau

Post by cosmo12 Sun 10 Dec 2017, 22:44

Lol

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Minister of Veteran's Affairs Mandate Letter from Trudeau Empty Re: Minister of Veteran's Affairs Mandate Letter from Trudeau

Post by johnny211 Sun 10 Dec 2017, 19:53

Vet1234 - You brought back a pepper potting memory with bullet, bullet, bang, bang, Lol. Yes those who where around in the 80,s will remember that crap..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sun 10 Dec 2017, 17:06

I heard mid December VAC is going to start sending bottles of lube to NVC vets. Reminds me of yelling "budget cuts" when we threw rocks bc we couldnt afford grenades.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Sun 10 Dec 2017, 16:11

We ear nothing.....not a word....HQ Charlottetown is under embargo even the federal budget we have hint on what is coming our way.

Any rumours out there?

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:31

i think because it took so long and they waiting till the last min they will drop the bomb on us just before leaving hoping we will not be angry when they get back but i am 100% when the smoke and mirrors clears by the time they get back we will be hotter than ever if this is just a pile of bs and it will take much longer than winter break to cool us down

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sat 09 Dec 2017, 17:38

Rubicon - Ya you would think it is a state secret. I’m thinking it can’t be that good. If it was Vac Communication Dept would be PR ing it to death by now. Probably last thing JT does Friday after noon, before they make there escape for Xmas. Nothing like making us the injured Vet, thousands of us with issues wait longer. Johnny Out. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubicon Sat 09 Dec 2017, 16:48

Parliament sits for 5 more days (11 - 15 December 2017) before winter recess so that means just 5 more "working" days before the end of the Parliamentary year to make the long-awaited life-long pension "option" announcement or make it after next week or were they talking fiscal year, which ends 31 March 2018? My guess is they want to make it in as much limelight as possible which means one more week to go ...

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 11:42

Supremedebater wrote:People, I'm not on here much anymore but I logged in to chime in on this topic even though I don't say much but I read when I do come on here. This in my opinion is the way things will go down with this current government.

Trudeau will use all his power he has not to lose the next election. What he is going t do is introduce the return of the lifelong pension just prior to the next election. It will be on paper but not implemented until he's re-elected and in that fiscal year (he will say).

Now if your smart, you will not vote for this f*cking idiot again. All his bells and whistles should not be accepted and taken as his word. Because everything he's brought forward has been a pile of sh*t. 75-90% of pre release pay..many got the shaft. Lump sum increase with the actual amounts decresead from what they should have been. I don't know about you guys but my difference should have been $80,000 not $40,000. Every item is either greased or buttered without any real difference. Tell me this, how can old pension act vets get benefits under the new charter or get lump sums under the new charter yet new charter vets get stuck with a lump that does not equal a lifetime pension. If you guys and gals think for one second that the government is out there to make it easier for vets, think again! The government has literally broken the law in interfering with the patient that received a medical prescription for medical marijuana, agreed to pay for X number of grams, then tells you they're not paying anymore. That people is illegal. Tell me where they've paid for a prescription of opioids then said to you they're cutting that funding. Because the government thinks vets want to get high and that they DO NOT THINK ITS MEDICINE, because they've never taken other medicines away right? So everyone can stop worrying about "lifelong pensions". It will not happen in my opinion. Supreme out

I hear you loud and clear.

I am a veteran receiving 4 monthly pensions under the PA and a series of lump sums under the NVC that's in addition to ELB (DEC pending) and CIA level 3 I'd be super pissed-off if I was NVC only.

RCMP gets to keep monthly pension, Military gets the shaft.

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Tue 17 Oct 2017, 22:24

People, I'm not on here much anymore but I logged in to chime in on this topic even though I don't say much but I read when I do come on here. This in my opinion is the way things will go down with this current government.

Trudeau will use all his power he has not to lose the next election. What he is going t do is introduce the return of the lifelong pension just prior to the next election. It will be on paper but not implemented until he's re-elected and in that fiscal year (he will say).

Now if your smart, you will not vote for this f*cking idiot again. All his bells and whistles should not be accepted and taken as his word. Because everything he's brought forward has been a pile of sh*t. 75-90% of pre release pay..many got the shaft. Lump sum increase with the actual amounts decresead from what they should have been. I don't know about you guys but my difference should have been $80,000 not $40,000. Every item is either greased or buttered without any real difference. Tell me this, how can old pension act vets get benefits under the new charter or get lump sums under the new charter yet new charter vets get stuck with a lump that does not equal a lifetime pension. If you guys and gals think for one second that the government is out there to make it easier for vets, think again! The government has literally broken the law in interfering with the patient that received a medical prescription for medical marijuana, agreed to pay for X number of grams, then tells you they're not paying anymore. That people is illegal. Tell me where they've paid for a prescription of opioids then said to you they're cutting that funding. Because the government thinks vets want to get high and that they DO NOT THINK ITS MEDICINE, because they've never taken other medicines away right? So everyone can stop worrying about "lifelong pensions". It will not happen in my opinion. Supreme out

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Mon 16 Oct 2017, 20:55

that word "option" is the elephant in the room.  Its a bigger secret than Camp Mirage...lol.  I wouldn't expect anthing remotely what they promised......I mean they have a new terrorist family to pay off now.  First they paid off that Khadr a**hole......now its his brother-in-laws turn.  Hell they should of dealt with them years ago.......sorry but it turns my stomach when we have fellow brothers and sisters out on the street
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 16 Oct 2017, 17:33

Mmm . . . probably an insulting carrot.
Better yet, ALL parties will have a very fine promise of it before the next darn election.

A while back, I felt the return of the old pa was a given.
I was wrong, but who knows what the next 10 years will bring  scratch

In the meantime... I'm not holding my breathe for jack squat.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 16 Oct 2017, 16:48

I had a thought today that it’s my quess that the new “Life Pension Policy” will be announced a day or so before Remberance Day. I’m sure this announcement will be a huge PR deal. It’s only been 2 yrs in the making. Time is ticking away, and this has got to be one of the best keep secrets. Folks working on this must be sealed in a rm at VA.lol.
But like someone said, if it is something good for the Vets, we should have heard about it by now. I am sure it will be announced prior to Xmas break, but will not be in affect until after the next election.
What’s your thoughts on it? Johnny Out,,VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 05 Oct 2017, 12:40

Words are not actions. Two years into their mandate and nothing has really changed for the majority of disabled veterans. Agree....total bullshyte.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 05 Oct 2017, 11:03

OMG! What a crock of bullshyte!

Does JT even know he's two years into his term and the "tone" of his caucus should have changed by now which means update the precious mandate letter.

Veterans are going to be facing another 2 years of nothing but cluster F**K's from this gov't!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Minister of Veteran's Affairs Mandate Letter from Trudeau Empty Minister of Veteran's Affairs Mandate Letter from Trudeau

Post by Nemo Wed 04 Oct 2017, 23:27

Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down