Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved DEC and lost some medical coverage

+2
johnny211
robleggett
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Approved DEC and lost some medical coverage Empty Re: Approved DEC and lost some medical coverage

Post by Vet1234 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:35

maybe it was the VIP
there should be a chart, it's too convoluted.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Approved DEC and lost some medical coverage Empty Re: Approved DEC and lost some medical coverage

Post by Nemo Sat 11 Nov 2017, 12:34

I never had dental as a client A. But when I got some VIP they switched me to B which gives me some dental coverage.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 07:55

ok thanks. i have dental right now, i didnt when i wasnt DEC.
or if i did, noone told me
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by robleggett Sat 11 Nov 2017, 07:53

Vet1234, I have no idea on that question, better to send an email using my account to VAC and ask.

I don't think you see many pers with dental coverage due to pensioned conditions.

robleggett
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 07:47

what about Dental?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by robleggett Sat 11 Nov 2017, 07:18

Rusty as far as I can tell, if you have any pensioned conditions, then no problem claiming health related travel and any medical procedures for those conditions.

Its the other medical problems that they will stop covering once your rehab plan ends and you are classed DEC

robleggett
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Fri 10 Nov 2017, 17:38

I haven’t had any issues, yet. I was approved dec in July, and that’s the last time I did a travel claim. I do my claims every six months since I don’t have to travel 700km round trip anymore

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 09 Nov 2017, 08:20

here's something, not sure if anyone is in the same boat.
i am DEC CIA2 and my VIP gets reviewed every 6 months. i have heard that if i stop psycho rehab the reviews will stop?
also, will my dental be covered if i stop rehab?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by robleggett Thu 09 Nov 2017, 08:02

binrat, thanks for reply and you are right I have a letter of approval for 24 injections of Durolane and I have only used 7 as far as I can see so far, but as per usual, they have covered themselves, I just read the letter of approval and notice this line

"The approval will be in effect for the duration of your Rehabilitation Case Plan"

So even though I have 17 injections left on the approval letter, they are taking them away!!!

robleggett
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Thu 09 Nov 2017, 00:24

Yes happened to me, under the medical rehab I had problems I had no pension/awards for covered under the medical
rehab, as this condition was or could effect my medical rehab.

And Once it was determined that I wouldn't be able to gain suitable employment, being the 66 2/3 no matter what was
done in the medical rehab program I was given Made DEC.

Now under the medical rehab, if you decide to miss appointments, and or not going to your appointments, VAC can cancel
your rehab program because they can say your non compliant with the rehab program.

But if you go to all appointments and test and everything, and you won't get the full improvement enough to gain
suitable gainful employment then your classified as DEC.

And under the DEC you are only now entitled to Pensioned/Awarded treatment Conditions for coverage.

Anything that is not covered from a Pension/Award is removed. So now if ya say, screw it, I ain't going to any more
of these appointments they are crap and aren't working, well it's not held against you.

As for travel expense, you are covered for travel for any condition that you have been awarded a pension/Award for
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/health/treatment-benefits/tb-coverage-travel

Now with all that said, my back which was the added to my medical rehab to be covered that I DO NOT have a Award
or Pensioned condition on, during the Medical rehab part, I was allowed 20 visits to see an Osteopath. Even tho it was removed when I had like 5 visits into my Osteopath visits, I could still go another 15 times till I used them up, even tho it's as in my Back is no longer covered.

So, my question is how many visits have you had for your knee, like how many visits were authorized. if for example they said you can get 10 visits, and have only done 3 visits, the remaining 7 visits you should still be able to go to and be covered. Cause that was or had been already Authorized.

But if you have used all the authorized visits you were given for you knee's that were added while on medical rehab, ya VAC won't Allow no more, since now all your covered for are for conditions you have been pensioned, or received an award for sadly...

Note:
Just did some research and I see that durolane requires special authorization under POC 10, so there wouldn't per say be a authorization letter that I was looking or thinking off, so ya it would have to be like a prescription saying something like 10 refills, Hmmm now I am at a lost of what to say or what you could do.. getting Brain Farts now

Last edited by BinRat on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 00:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause I added some things)

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 08 Nov 2017, 16:25

im on rehab still and DEC. im not sure what the differences are in coverage but i want to know. its not very clear. i have dental coverage but i didnt until u was approved CIA.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by robleggett Wed 08 Nov 2017, 15:43

Sorry should of included the whole paragraph in the email

You are not covered anymore
for the Left Knee as you are no longer on the Rehab program but
you can appeal the unfavourable decision on the Left Knee if
you have not exercised all levels of appeals. You can contact
the Bureau of Pensions Adocate at 1-877-228-2250.

I can appeal, that's a good one, already submitted a claim, they said no, did an appeal, they said no. So whats the sense of trying a third time and that would take what, about 2 years to hear them say NO AGAIN.

robleggett
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by robleggett Wed 08 Nov 2017, 15:38

Vet1234 wrote:have you ended rehabilitation?
that can change coverage

yes they have ended my rehabilitation and put me as DEC, but I still don't understand why they would take away the medical coverage they gave me while on the rehab??

robleggett
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by robleggett Wed 08 Nov 2017, 15:36

johnny211 wrote:I’m thinking someone gave you the wrong info. I can’t see what one has to do with the other. But it’s VAC, what do we know..Out...VVV...

part of the email they sent through my account

You are not covered anymore
for the Left Knee as you are no longer on the Rehab program but
you can appeal the unfavourable decision on the Left Knee if
you have not exercised all levels of appeals. You can contact
the Bureau of Pensions Adocate at 1-877-228-2250.

robleggett
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 08 Nov 2017, 14:57

have you ended rehabilitation?
that can change coverage
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next