Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re -Evaluation

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Re -Evaluation Empty Re: Re -Evaluation

Post by Gunner8 Sun 03 Jun 2018, 19:59

Thanks Bruce. Hopefully my reassessment don’t take to long. My hearing is on step two, I did the claim in mid December, almost 6 months now.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jun 2018, 13:31

Gunner8 wrote:Thanks guys. Is it common to do more than one reassessment, and actually get higher disability?
I want to get on the mend and get back to work as soon as I can, but my anxiety has been worst than ever the past year. Interferes with not only my daily life, but my sleep as well. Very frustrating.

Gunner

Yes you can request a reassessment every 2 years if your condition/s worsen or whenever you have new medical evidence stating your condition/s have worsened.

I've been reassessed for PTSD 3 times since my intial claim about 10 years ago and each time I was awarded a higher medical impairment rating.

I've had my knees and feet reassessed twice since 2005 and once VAC didn't approve an increase (and i didn't appeal) and once (this year) I was approved an increase.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Mon 28 May 2018, 15:19

I had to fill out a questionnaire today on my vac account along with a consent form. I’m still seeing my councillor. They said they have to get info from them as well. Hopefully this pr Chess doesn’t take forever.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 18 May 2018, 12:02

Thanks guys. Is it common to do more than one reassessment, and actually get higher disability?
I want to get on the mend and get back to work as soon as I can, but my anxiety has been worst than ever the past year. Interferes with not only my daily life, but my sleep as well. Very frustrating.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 18:08

Good luck, gunner. Don't forget you can always apply for new claims, benefits or reassessments through My VAC Account.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 09 May 2018, 17:49

Thanks guys. I phone VA today and there gonna put in the notification for reassessment, and I should receive paperwork in a few weeks they said. Also i talked with my social worker as well and told him that I was asking for a reassessment. That should get the all rolling. Thanks for all your help.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 15:02

Gunner8 wrote:Bruce72- what other medical proof? I’ve never had any access to anything, the psychologist and psychiatrist put in the paper work needed when I was assessed and when I was reassessed. Now I have a different psychologist, who’s actually a social worker because that was all that was available I’m the area. Now I’m moved again so I’m not sure who I will be seeing.

Gunner

With regards to my evaluation in 2017 my psychologist wrote the evaluation in much more detail, explaining in full and unequivocal terms, how my symptoms present and manifest. I don't want to say my psychologist was lazy in 2016, but I wasn't satisfied with his evaluation.

So you see I couldn't really appeal VACs decision, because it wasn't their responsibility.

*Always ask for copies of everything, anyone touches with your name on it. You are your best advocate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Wed 09 May 2018, 14:44

Gunner8,
ask your Psychologist to do a reassessment before you move. I know when I was in AB and was pre-approved for extra sessions paid for by VAC, the Psychologist I was seeing sent quarterly reports to my CM and I was given a copy. If not put in a formal request to your Psychologist asking for copy of your file

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 09 May 2018, 14:32

Bruce72- what other medical proof? I’ve never had any access to anything, the psychologist and psychiatrist put in the paper work needed when I was assessed and when I was reassessed. Now I have a different psychologist, who’s actually a social worker because that was all that was available I’m the area. Now I’m moved again so I’m not sure who I will be seeing.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 06:54

Coppers2002 you wrote:

Thanks for sharing your story..
Was your request for reassessment done in December 2017? Did it take 16 weeks as well (more or less?)

Coppers2002

I'm not sure I understand your question. But, the reassessment for my feet and knees, was conducted by a doctor in St. John's in early December 2017 and I received a positive decision about 6 weeks ago, which would make it approximately 16 weeks for adjudication.

Gunner8:

With regards to waiting two years between assessments, you can request a reassessment before the two year intervals, if your condition worsens and you have new medical information to go along with that claim.

When I wasn't happy with my reassessment from 2016 for PTSD, rather than appeal the decision, I requested another reassessment in 2017 and presented even more medical paperwork to back up my claim. So I received a positive result for both reassessments, without going through the appeal process.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 08 May 2018, 23:18

You can either contact your CM, and request it, or simply call the 1-866 number, and tell them that you want a reassessment for PTSD. They will send you the required paperwork. They don't need a written request or anything.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 08 May 2018, 20:32

Well after I had my full reassessment in 2014, I continued seeing councillor and what not until they felt I was doing good enough to go back to school. I struggled through school but I did complete it successfully and I did feel I was getting a bit better. The counciling slowly went away and stuff and I thought I was on the track back but then I started having trouble again. And I had go back see councillor again and psychiatrist. I’ve been seeing them again now for A year or more, trying different meds, which don’t work and I hate to take Them. I feel as thought my anxiety is worst now than it’s ever been and it’s effecting my day to day life a lot. Counciling helps somewhat but not completely. And I just recently moved so I’m not sure if I will be able to see the same one. This will be my third one if I have to find a new one, which sucks.
The reason I think I should be reassessed is because I do feel worse in some ways, struggling everyday life to socialize. Do I ask my case manager? Contact veteran affairs? My vacation account application? Thanks in advance

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Re -Evaluation Empty Reassessment

Post by coppers2002 Tue 08 May 2018, 19:55

Bruce72 wrote:
Newfie wrote:If you are not past the two years and have medical documentation supporting your condition has worsen, you can request a re-evaluation. I did and got reassessed, but at the time I had a CM who was a great advocate for me. Probably why she was replaced with a now borderline useless CM

I had a reassessment in mid 2016 and was awarded an increase to my disability award for PTSD after 16 weeks. A year later in mid 2017 I requested another reassessment and submitted new information and was awarded an increase again about 6 weeks ago.

On a different note, I requested a reassessment for my feet and knees under the pension act back in December and was awarded  12% bringing to me class 15 or $837/m along with the claim I mentioned above. It all came at once.

Thanks for sharing your story..
Was your request for reassessment done in December 2017? Did it take 16 weeks as well (more or less?) Reason I ask is I submitted a reassessment request for lower back and tinnitus. The VAC employees that answered the phone paired them together. I had heard normally Tinnitus was a fast track especially if you already had 5/5th entitlement and all they added was the masker script. Now it's tied to lower back condition and I imagine it's going to take forever. I attempted to have them separate the two, and no luck. They are Step 3 and have been in adjudication stage since Mid Feb this year.
Even the VAC employee has sent a message to adjudication with no response and they then escalated it with their supervisor 4 days ago, still no response. Very frustrating...

coppers2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2018, 18:54

Newfie wrote:If you are not past the two years and have medical documentation supporting your condition has worsen, you can request a re-evaluation. I did and got reassessed, but at the time I had a CM who was a great advocate for me. Probably why she was replaced with a now borderline useless CM

I had a reassessment in mid 2016 and was awarded an increase to my disability award for PTSD after 16 weeks. A year later in mid 2017 I requested another reassessment and submitted new information and was awarded an increase again about 6 weeks ago.

On a different note, I requested a reassessment for my feet and knees under the pension act back in December and was awarded 12% bringing to me class 15 or $837/m along with the claim I mentioned above. It all came at once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Tue 08 May 2018, 17:12

If you are not past the two years and have medical documentation supporting your condition has worsen, you can request a re-evaluation. I did and got reassessed, but at the time I had a CM who was a great advocate for me. Probably why she was replaced with a now borderline useless CM

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum