Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do i fight hearing loss denial?

Go down

How do i fight hearing loss denial? Empty Re: How do i fight hearing loss denial?

Post by Newf Sat 28 Jul 2018, 18:38

Kathys
I suggest obtaining a copy of your dnd medical file. Locate your hearing exam from when you first joined the military to determine your levels of hearing at different frequency. Then obtain copies of other hearing exams during your service and your pre- release hearing exam. Perhaps, there are changes in your hearing levels over the twenty years.

I recommend taking all of your hearing exams with you and talking to your audiologist to determine what caused your hearing loss. And when it began to decline and what may have caused it. You will need the support of an audiologist to say that your hearing loss is service related when they complete the VAC medical questionnaire. . If you do not have audiologist support then you are likely not going to be successful.

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

How do i fight hearing loss denial? Empty How do i fight hearing loss denial?

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jul 2018, 17:23

i had good hearing when i joined , good hearing when i left 20 yrs later. Now i need hearing aids. Do i have a hope if my release medical said i had h1  near perfect hearing? If so how do i challenge it? Whats my chances of success?  
Thanks

Back to top Go down