Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleting Profiles

+2
johnny211
bigrex
6 posters

Go down

Deleting Profiles Empty Re: Deleting Profiles

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2019, 11:55

bigrex wrote:I hate to do this, but recently, we've have had one or more people who create new profiles, post a few things, and then delete the profile. They seem to have done this simply to stir up emotions, among other forum members. So while this practice keeps happening, I will be deleting any post, that is made, by a "guest". Everyone has a right to their opinion, but they do not have the right to abuse this site, for their own enjoyment. So everyone has been notified, so I do not want to start hearing complaints that people's posts are being deleted, because it will only happen if the profile gets deleted.

And the beat goes on.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 27 Mar 2019, 22:28

you are doing the right thing keep it up my son

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 27 Mar 2019, 15:53

Wildthing wrote " . . . believe it or not their pretty good eatting! "
Yup !  Twisted Evil I've got the recipes, just fire up the BBQ.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2019, 23:44

Thanks Riddick good to see your back.
Ive found a better way than shooting from the hip,
facts and proof works better and were going to the political parties and expose them as a team. Living with this choice for the past four years has been hell on me, but what really pi$$e$ me off is what has been done to our Country, and the fact i was forced to see the coruption.

Yes there are trolls on csat, they're all over the place expect more come election time.
They are easy to take out with a fact gun, and believe it or not their pretty good eatting!

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Mon 25 Mar 2019, 22:44

Bruce72 wrote:I'm still wondering who and how someone or more than one person is creating accounts, stirring up trouble and deleting their own account.

Account deletions are supposed to require a request.

Something nefarious is going on.

Bruce, I'm just wondering if admin changed the procedures and they are now allowing members the ability to delete their own profile. However Bigrex did mention that he can not delete his own profile and he is the moderator of this site.  So if he's unable to delete his own account...?????......I'm stumped. scratch

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 25 Mar 2019, 20:42

Welcome back Wildthing. Just an FYI....I personally think you are/were being a little hard on yourself. You tend to shoot from the hip and call a spade a spade, you never offended me......be who you are.....to thyne own self be true!

I am not sure I understand the controversy going on about deleting one's account? At the bottom of my profile I see an option to check a box to have my account deleted......I do not know if it is just a placebo where I check it and nothing happens...I don't know.....I haven't attempted to delete it?

As for trolls.....I do not care about trolls.......although I don't share everything in my life here, I also don't have anything to hide or prove. Everyone has an opinion, even trolls. Some opinions are valuable, others, not so much. I am no expert/psychologist/psychiatrist who professes to understand why people say the things they do, but more often than not there is a reason and sometimes at face value it is not immediately understood. I don't often chime in because I am usually not the best person to answer most queries/questions/concerns, but there is one thing I have tried to live by......the Golden Rule....do unto others as you would have others do unto you. If anyone can help someone else....step up and let your voice be heard, if your opinion differs.....be cordial and respectful if not.....if you can't do either.......say nothing! "It is best to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2019, 08:52

Snowshower wrote:I, for one, am very real.  I have publicly disclosed who I am.  In my very short time as a member of this forum, I have been accused of being an employee of VAC, and I have had one of the site administrators actually publicly ask me what my condition is and what level of disability award I was given.  What is this?  A Contest? That, my fellow soldiers, is nobody's business...but I can guarantee you all this, it is nowhere near the 90 percent that was being bragged about.  For what it is worth, there appear to be a great deal of members on this site that feel that until they get a 100 per cent disability award, and every entitlement that VAC has available (whether that entitlement applies to them or not), they will not be satisfied. There in-lies the reason for a lot of the disgruntlement.  "A Cpl at VAC told me..." There are no Cpls at VAC...VAC is a civilian organization, separate from the military.  The only military member I know of that works with VAC is a CWO Liaison member in Charlottetown.  Perhaps you meant the IPSC.
, if there is anyone “ bragging” on this forum it’s you, and your statement that the goal of veterans here is to “ reach a 100%” like it’s a contest, is the type of insensitivity many vets experience from their CMs. Letting vets know what they can apply for is no crime, even then there are family Dr. confirmations to be made, VAC can over rule them and often does. And year long waits for approval.You make it sound like all a vet has to do is pick an injury from a list , tell VAC they have it, and then a dump truck of money arrives at their door. If there are vets out there living without benefits they are entitled to like a soldier without a foot who might benefit from VIP, why in the hell shouldn’t he be told about it, regardless if by VAC or a random vet. The % a veteran receives is all about quality of life, there is not vet here who doesn’t wish they managed to finish a 30 year career, but somewhere along the way they got busted up, so if someone was released with a 10% injury but it should be 40% then that makes a big difference as they try and get on with their civilian life.And it seems the only way to get that missing 30% is by hearing what they need to do by forums like this because the VAC site offers no such path.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2019, 08:08

Snowshower sorry for your negative experience here. But there is a lot of value in this web site if you can endure and separate the negative of the site which is mainly caused by medical conditions thru both physical and mental health conditions. I may not agree with everything you wrote but this is a forum where one is aloud to post their beliefs.

Getting back to topic, I posted last week about guests coming on here then deleteing their profiles.  It was ignored, only admin can do that.  Do you think we are stupid.

Last edited by Steelgunner on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 09:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2019, 05:37

I'm still wondering who and how someone or more than one person is creating accounts, stirring up trouble and deleting their own account.

Account deletions are supposed to require a request.

Something nefarious is going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 25 Mar 2019, 05:34

Good move Bigrex - it’s sad when a retired Vet comes on here, and stirs the pot. No Vet should be calling out there Brothers and Sisters. We are here to support ea other, not back stab. VVV

Last edited by johnny211 on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 05:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I’m tired.lol.)
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Deleting Profiles Empty Deleting Profiles

Post by bigrex Sun 24 Mar 2019, 22:32

I hate to do this, but recently, we've have had one or more people who create new profiles, post a few things, and then delete the profile. They seem to have done this simply to stir up emotions, among other forum members. So while this practice keeps happening, I will be deleting any post, that is made, by a "guest". Everyone has a right to their opinion, but they do not have the right to abuse this site, for their own enjoyment. So everyone has been notified, so I do not want to start hearing complaints that people's posts are being deleted, because it will only happen if the profile gets deleted.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down