Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does it feel ?

+5
Crockett
Unknown Soldier
Iceman
johnny211
Ppclicaper
9 posters

Go down

How does it feel ?  Empty Re: How does it feel ?

Post by derngt Thu 30 Apr 2020, 13:55

czerv wrote:Agree with you , derngt, in 100%.  Your comment is BS. You obviously missed the point that Icemen is making.

MY comment was related to the following "However an nvc/pfl vet with a 100% disability is only worth 1150"

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

How does it feel ?  Empty BS comment

Post by czerv Thu 30 Apr 2020, 11:12

Agree with you , derngt, in 100%. Your comment is BS. You obviously missed the point that Icemen is making.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

How does it feel ?  Empty Sorry not sorry

Post by derngt Thu 30 Apr 2020, 10:41

Iceman wrote:Not only that, but think about the amount.  

They very quickly decided for the CERB that 2000.00/month per person was a reasonable sum to be able to survive.

However an nvc/pfl vet with a 100% disability is only worth 1150

That is a BS comment..That same person is also getting IRB at 90% even getting additional pain and suffering or attendance allowance..They have a steady income unlike those laid off from work..

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Tue 14 Apr 2020, 12:18

Rubicon wrote:It feels like a kick in the nuts, that's how! And today there is a poll on msn.ca asking the following question:"Ottawa will spend $50M to help farmers and food processors quarantine newly arrived foreign workers. Is this enough?" Are you fucking kidding me????? At least the veteran now knows where he stands with this government; and it is below the temporary foreign worker. How does that fucking feel?

Rubicon
too bad someone didn’t have the ear of one of these media reporters who get to ask the PM questions on live tv, and just throw the question at him, that “in light of how the world seems like it will be at a standstill for up to 2 years, and money is being thrown to everyone who puts there hand up, has he given any consideration to eliminating the Veteran backlog of pension entitlement.”
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

How does it feel ?  Empty How does it feel?

Post by Rubicon Mon 13 Apr 2020, 17:38

It feels like a kick in the nuts, that's how! And today there is a poll on msn.ca asking the following question:"Ottawa will spend $50M to help farmers and food processors quarantine newly arrived foreign workers. Is this enough?" Are you fucking kidding me????? At least the veteran now knows where he stands with this government; and it is below the temporary foreign worker. How does that fucking feel?

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 12 Apr 2020, 19:36

I hate to compare but after this ordeal if 44000 drs and nurses came down with PTSD, the country would bend over backward to make sure these “ heroes” ,get the help or compensation they deserve. But the other “heroes” , the ones that leave their families for 6-9 months at a time to do god knows what, god knows where, are only remembered on one day, and their therapy and pensions could rot as far as most Canadians are concerned. It’s sad, maybe we need another actual war.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac Sat 11 Apr 2020, 14:04

Hello Forum, so glad the insulting behavior has stopped on here. I did not like coming to check for new posts. I agree with the others here, this is disgusting and thoughtless of the gov't to leave us in the lurch for so long. And now we can see how much they can do when needed. I hope future soldiers take note of this. Delay, deny, till ya die...........thanks VAC.

Zodiac
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2019-03-04

Back to top Go down

How does it feel ?  Empty I agree whole heartedly

Post by Crockett Sat 11 Apr 2020, 11:07

I think it's time Trudeau finally started giving veterans their due, it's the perfect time to get rid of the backlog for good and get things under control within Veterans affairs. I wonder if we could go to a law firm and sue the government for endangering the lives of vets by with holding funds during a pandemic.

Crockett
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2019-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 10 Apr 2020, 17:16

Yes the virus was unpredictable but look at the outcome, of those 44000 claims VAC says 18000 were filled out wrong and will be sent back to the veteran. This is bad enough after they’ve waited 1-2 years, but now with the quarantine the vet can no longer go back to their Dr. In many cases and get the paperwork fixed. Add to that many who were in psyche or physio treatment are no longer allowed to attend, those awaiting decisions or Diminished Earning Capacity can no longer take part in the physical nd mental tests required by March of Dimes to get that outcome handled and, on and on it goes. Now more than ever, is the time for the Gov. to clear that backlog, the suicide rate among soldiers this year is the biggest it’s been in years , you have all these injured veterans sitting and home patiently not entitled to anything from the gov. because they haven’t held a job in over a year, it’s time they were thrown a bone, for fuck sakes.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu 09 Apr 2020, 08:34

Not only that, but think about the amount.  

They very quickly decided for the CERB that 2000.00/month per person was a reasonable sum to be able to survive.

However an nvc/pfl vet with a 100% disability is only worth 1150

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 09 Apr 2020, 06:43

Ppclicaper - Great point. And this Virus will give VAC another reason for a delay answer. I have one small Consequencial claim that has been at stage 3 since July 2018. And a reassessment in now for 1 yr. And I would also say this treatment is one reason the CAF are having recruitment issues. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

How does it feel ?  Empty How does it feel ?

Post by Ppclicaper Wed 08 Apr 2020, 12:23

2 million Canadians can get benefits in less than a week , even students are applying and receiving financial assistance. They are furious after 1 day of not being able to get through to CRA due to phone traffic and website traffic .. while most of us are waiting over a year just to see if approved or denied .. and only 40k applications. I am a firm believer in the approve all veteran applications now .. process later . Get the funds to veterans now.

Could you imagine telling Canadians now you can apply and 2021 you may get your funds . 860 000 vets and we have no true voice .

Take care all , we are the pros of social distancing and self isolation .

PPCLI for life

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum