Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans Ombudsman

3 posters

Go down

Veterans Ombudsman Empty Re: Veterans Ombudsman

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 19 Jun 2020, 19:49

Riddick wrote:I agree with you Rex.  

Finding someone suitable......hmmmm.......from our perspective or the governments?  I have mixed feelings about the Ombudsman office/position.  From what I understand they have helped some and certainly brought into light many shortcomings of the various pensions, the system and of course VAC itself.

I attended one Town Hall when Parent was there (hope I remembered his name properly).  I asked for their assistance. spoke to a rep.....when I got home I sent them hard copies of documents.....weeks later someone finally touched base with me and that was the last I heard from anyone....and I had facts....a papertrail not just hearsay or my opinion.  I didn't expect much, they didn't show interest....that was the end of that.

I think there will always be people who believe they can make a difference.  People who genuinely want to help and for that I hope someone will step up.  The government will most likely try to find a puppet and or perhaps someone they think they can influence (I was going to say manipulate?).

I also believe if we had a Minister who would actually do what he/she says they will do, could make the biggest difference in the veteran file/well being  The lip service and hypocrisy that comes from that position is unbelievable.

So.....if we were to get a VO who the MVA will listen to would be awesome.  

I was hoping/curious if someone had a little birdie tell them something or the rumor mill works too lol
l had similar situation, had all my ducks in a row, gave the ovo all the paperwork they could need, then l just sat back thinking someone was going to bat for  me. After about 3 months of radio silence, l phoned the ovo and asked how my assigned representative was making out with my case. I was informed that the rep had closed my case months earlier  because they felt “ VAC had treated me fairly in THEIR opinion. At the end of the day, l guess that’s fine if someone doesn’t see things the same way you do, but l asked the person on the phone, why wasn’t l notified of the case closure, l should be allotted at least that much significance.? They promised to re open the file but told me up front that they have not one ounce of power in the ability to force VAC to change their mind on a decision, which is pretty disheartening, l mean what’s the point of the office if VAC can look the ombudsman right in the eye and tell them to go fuck themselves.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Fri 19 Jun 2020, 19:11

I agree with you Rex.

Finding someone suitable......hmmmm.......from our perspective or the governments? I have mixed feelings about the Ombudsman office/position. From what I understand they have helped some and certainly brought into light many shortcomings of the various pensions, the system and of course VAC itself.

I attended one Town Hall when Parent was there (hope I remembered his name properly). I asked for their assistance. spoke to a rep.....when I got home I sent them hard copies of documents.....weeks later someone finally touched base with me and that was the last I heard from anyone....and I had facts....a papertrail not just hearsay or my opinion. I didn't expect much, they didn't show interest....that was the end of that.

I think there will always be people who believe they can make a difference. People who genuinely want to help and for that I hope someone will step up. The government will most likely try to find a puppet and or perhaps someone they think they can influence (I was going to say manipulate?).

I also believe if we had a Minister who would actually do what he/she says they will do, could make the biggest difference in the veteran file/well being The lip service and hypocrisy that comes from that position is unbelievable.

So.....if we were to get a VO who the MVA will listen to would be awesome.

I was hoping/curious if someone had a little birdie tell them something or the rumor mill works too lol
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 19 Jun 2020, 18:45

I don't know who it will be, but it's going to be hard to find someone suitable. Anyone who would make a good selection, has most likely been around the Veterans community, and or Veterans Affairs. Therefore they've seen how previous OVO's has been ignored, and abused,when they didn't tow the government line. Why would anyone of integrity, volunteer to be attacked for doing the right thing, or have their hard work and recommendations completely ignored by those in power?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 19 Jun 2020, 11:15

Riddick wrote:Anyone have any idea who the next VO might be?  Anyone hear anything?

Riddick
I’m interested in who is doing the job in his absence.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Veterans Ombudsman Empty Veterans Ombudsman

Post by Kramer Thu 18 Jun 2020, 20:01

Anyone have any idea who the next VO might be? Anyone hear anything?

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down