Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seat On UN Security Council

4 posters

Go down

Seat On UN Security Council Empty Re: Seat On UN Security Council

Post by Kramer Mon 22 Jun 2020, 14:13

Thanks for your input bigrex.

I agree with you too, and your points are valid.

I am not trashing Trudeau for the sake of trashing him. Yes I suppose not getting a seat could be seen as a slap in the face....but....I believe (in my limited understanding) he brought this onto to himself. If it is not the India fiasco....the list is lengthy.

I would love for our Leader(s) to put Canada first...always! And this is what really bothers me...they all give OUR money away and I disagree where most of it goes....do they ever ask Canadians what we want/what is important to us? Most politicians are looking for the pension and their own agenda. Trudeau, I believe is looking to leave a legacy as Teen also mentioned......a "look at me and what I done" legacy. The only politician I have any respect for is Peter Stoffer! Everyone else to me is two-faced and a hypocrite......sadly. It would be nice to get a seat on the council for the right reasons.....but after you look after your own first.

Your point about it being a farce...yep for sure.....the 3 with veto power.....wow.....I shake my head.

Not sure what he is going to try and do next....well he has what....2 years to work on it/figure it out.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 22 Jun 2020, 12:18

I understand that people want to rub this loss in Trudeau's face, but it's a slap in the face to Canada, and our military and peacekeeping history. Each and every one of those countries that voted against us, would likely not hesitate to rely on Canada, if they were ever attacked. But Where were all these countries during actual conflicts?

The whole thing is a farce, if you ask me. Two of the five permanent members are led by dictators, Russia and China, and one is currently led by a wannabe dictator, Trump. All of which would probably be happy if the UN disbanded altogether. And of the temporary nations, only Germany could be considered a military power. Certainly not Ireland, Vietnam, Tunisia, Niger, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Indonesia, or St Vincent and the Grenadines
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Rifleman and Kramer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 22 Jun 2020, 11:54

Teentitan wrote:This was a "legacy" moment Trudeau wanted for his time as PM of Canada....and he fell flat on his face!!  And it was all his fault when he said "Canada is Back"

For a guy who wanted a UN Security Council Seat his failure on the Paris Accord, cutting back on UN missions, not having enough women on a UN deployment while he is touting he is the 'feminist' Prime Minister, publicly stating his respect for dictators (Castro) and communism (he got that trait from his father), not making a decision on the Hauweii 5G (4 of the 5 eyes countries rejected Hauweii and look they had a vote on the UN Security Council), letting the 2 Michaels rot in a Chinese gulag and on, and on, and on.

Apparently David Suzuki, Greta Thunberg and other high profile people sent a letter to the UN council pointing out that Trudeau is, basically, to immature to hold a seat of power like a UN Security Council Seat.

The countries that did vote for him?  Mainly the African dictators, the one he did a world tour on in February when Canadian Indigenous people were blocking railroad crossings (most countries that voted against Canada were paying careful attention to how Trudeau handled it - again he failed because he didn't stop the world bribery tour and passed the responsibility to Freeland and the Indigenous Minister).

Trudeau's main goal here is to achieve something his father failed at.....becoming the Secretary General of the United Nations!  

The only thing that made me happy was seeing his vote total (108) was lower then Harpers (114).  That had to of burnt his ass!

You brought out stuff I was unaware and stuff I forgot about cheers

I can see he wanted this for all the wrong reasons.....most of us learn from our mistakes.....doubt he will! I agree that he can't say no to China and that will hurt us all. We don't need Huawei ....and the fact that their government had to get involved, making the issue more political than ever, should have opened peoples eyes!

Ewwww ya.....if his numbers of votes were lower than Harpers....ya...I can even feel the burn....that made my day Twisted Evil

Riddick

Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 22 Jun 2020, 10:54

This was a "legacy" moment Trudeau wanted for his time as PM of Canada....and he fell flat on his face!! And it was all his fault when he said "Canada is Back"

For a guy who wanted a UN Security Council Seat his failure on the Paris Accord, cutting back on UN missions, not having enough women on a UN deployment while he is touting he is the 'feminist' Prime Minister, publicly stating his respect for dictators (Castro) and communism (he got that trait from his father), not making a decision on the Hauweii 5G (4 of the 5 eyes countries rejected Hauweii and look they had a vote on the UN Security Council), letting the 2 Michaels rot in a Chinese gulag and on, and on, and on.

Apparently David Suzuki, Greta Thunberg and other high profile people sent a letter to the UN council pointing out that Trudeau is, basically, to immature to hold a seat of power like a UN Security Council Seat.

The countries that did vote for him? Mainly the African dictators, the one he did a world tour on in February when Canadian Indigenous people were blocking railroad crossings (most countries that voted against Canada were paying careful attention to how Trudeau handled it - again he failed because he didn't stop the world bribery tour and passed the responsibility to Freeland and the Indigenous Minister).

Trudeau's main goal here is to achieve something his father failed at.....becoming the Secretary General of the United Nations!

The only thing that made me happy was seeing his vote total (108) was lower then Harpers (114). That had to of burnt his ass!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sun 21 Jun 2020, 16:20

https://ipolitics.ca/2020/06/17/canada-loses-bid-for-un-security-council-seat/
[/quote]

It’s like everything in life.
Before you start mowing your neighbours grass, or shovelling their driveway, you need to take care of your own yard first.[/quote]

I agree Iceman.

Not sure how much money has been spent by Trudeau in an effort to appease! He claims vets are asking for more than he can give......well here is just one of many reasons why........he obviously has his own self-serving agenda.

I posted/responded on other group/site and some might get the impression I am pro military.

So I pointed it out, that I am pro military........ because I am pro Canadian Smile

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 21 Jun 2020, 15:00

Riddick wrote:I am glad Canada didn't get it.  I think Trudeau/GoC should take care of its own backyard first....like getting new equip.....looking after its soldiers and vets as it should....fairly.  The recruiting is wayyyy down....so much so that Canada has opted to look at foreign recruits to boost its ranks.  The military wants to have 25% of its members to be female....but are around 15%.....so their targets/numbers are way off.  

Thoughts?

It’s like everything in life.
Before you start mowing your neighbours grass, or shovelling their driveway, you need to take care of your own yard first.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Seat On UN Security Council Empty Seat On UN Security Council

Post by Kramer Sun 21 Jun 2020, 10:46

I am glad Canada didn't get it. I think Trudeau/GoC should take care of its own backyard first....like getting new equip.....looking after its soldiers and vets as it should....fairly. The recruiting is wayyyy down....so much so that Canada has opted to look at foreign recruits to boost its ranks. The military wants to have 25% of its members to be female....but are around 15%.....so their targets/numbers are way off.

Thoughts?

Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down