Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSC for PTSD

2 posters

Go down

PSC for PTSD Empty Re: PSC for PTSD

Post by Gunner8 Thu 18 Feb 2021, 21:48

That’s what I thought too But I seen on a Facebook group “Canadian veterans Advocacy” that someone got 5% For it. So I gues something has changed over time. Thanks for input, very much appreciated.
This page used to have a lot of ppl commenting and helping out, it seems that has slowed down a lot over the last while, not sure why. Take care

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 17 Feb 2021, 20:10

Gunner8 wrote:Did you apply to try and get it paid for?
Why would someone get a 5% PSC for it and someone else not. Doesn’t make sense if both have ptsd and it is a known symptom.
l don’t know anything about the pain and suffering side of things, but once my dr confirmed l had sleep apnea, l informed my case manager by forwarding the 6 consequential paragraph, the response l got back was that the program had not been implemented yet. As the idea was already 2 years old with no movement, l wasn’t about to wait another 2-3 years waiting for VAC to agree l had apnea and pay for the breathing apparatus, so l paid out of pocket. Maybe by the time l need a new one blue cross will cover it next time round. But without paperwork  From vac agreeing that my apnea is consequential to my ptsd, l cant see how I or anyone would get a 5% disability.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 17 Feb 2021, 18:17

Did you apply to try and get it paid for?
Why would someone get a 5% PSC for it and someone else not. Doesn’t make sense if both have ptsd and it is a known symptom.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 17 Feb 2021, 18:11

Gunner8 wrote:So from my understanding from reading that is that sleep apnea would fall under ptsd and their wouldn’t be a separate PSC for sleep apnea?
I’m just curious as I have eep apnea and I also have IBS.
well my understanding was, after they poured over all the previous files these 6. Claims were the most common secondary injuries veterans who had PTSD complained about having, so they were to become a given, I.e. like if you do 10 years plus in the infantry you no longer have to poove bad back with a specific incident over your career, the bones. Are weakened at a faster rate than the rest of the jobs in society just based on what was required by the body in that trade. However, l have PTSD, and l also have sleep apnea, but because this “ new” program has yet to be instituted l had to pay for the machine Myself.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 17 Feb 2021, 17:57

So from my understanding from reading that is that sleep apnea would fall under ptsd and their wouldn’t be a separate PSC for sleep apnea?
I’m just curious as I have eep apnea and I also have IBS.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 17 Feb 2021, 17:46

Gunner8 wrote:Yes
A while back VAC put out the idea of a pilot program that would state that if you had PTSD then 6 other conditions were going to be automatically consequential with no proof required, to date l don’t think they have acted on it yet,
“We are also experimenting with six consequential disabilities which we understand may result from a service related mental health condition. Through a pilot program, we will adjust processes to provide Veterans who receive favourable decisions for a mental health condition with automatic entitlement for associated consequential conditions. These disabilities include Xerostomia, Erectile Dysfunction (ED), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), and Bruxism. We expect that this approach will help reduce the paperwork burden for Veterans, provide immediate access for financial reimbursement and reduce paperwork.”
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

red510 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 17 Feb 2021, 14:15

Yes

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 17 Feb 2021, 14:08

Gunner8 wrote: ?
what is PSC, pain and suffering compensation ..?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Wed 17 Feb 2021, 13:01

?

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 17 Feb 2021, 12:58

[quote="Gunner8"]I seen online today that someone got a 5% PSC for sleep apnea due to ptsd. I didn’t think that was possible as ptsd was the only PSC you could get for them symptoms. Anyone else get this PSC or know anyone who has? [/quote
PSC?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

PSC for PTSD Empty PSC for PTSD

Post by Gunner8 Wed 17 Feb 2021, 12:48

I seen online today that someone got a 5% PSC for sleep apnea due to ptsd. I didn’t think that was possible as ptsd was the only PSC you could get for them symptoms. Anyone else get this PSC or know anyone who has?

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down