Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budget 2021 and Vets

3 posters

Go down

Budget 2021 and Vets Empty Re: Budget 2021 and Vets

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 28 Apr 2021, 19:40

Riddick wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:I’ve said this many times, if they want to reduce the backlog, at least somewhat, take an overview of the 55,000 claims, and if any are from veterans that are already listed as 100% disabled, just give the veteran the benefit of the doubt and honour the claim. If the veteran is already at 100% VAC pays no money on the disability regardless of the severity, but the veteran can now access covered treatment be it physical or mental.

There is a good reason why they will not do this.......it's logical, makes sense and it would benefit the veteran.......however if we ever want a monument erected anywhere in Canada.......they will get right onto that and there will be numerous Statements made by the MVA regarding the monument.  The MVA would ask veterans for their input and what to name it, how to place it, where to place, what colour should it be, how high should it be....because he would want to get it right to show how supportive he is to/of the veteran community.  Because as we all know, it is way more important than helping living vets with health issues, pension issues, claim issues, caregivers, spouses/families etc.  I guess that is what one gets from a department that is run by the department Shocked

Riddick
l think the monument should depict the PM dedicating on the grave of a soldier.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 28 Apr 2021, 17:59

Unknown Soldier wrote:I’ve said this many times, if they want to reduce the backlog, at least somewhat, take an overview of the 55,000 claims, and if any are from veterans that are already listed as 100% disabled, just give the veteran the benefit of the doubt and honour the claim. If the veteran is already at 100% VAC pays no money on the disability regardless of the severity, but the veteran can now access covered treatment be it physical or mental.

There is a good reason why they will not do this.......it's logical, makes sense and it would benefit the veteran.......however if we ever want a monument erected anywhere in Canada.......they will get right onto that and there will be numerous Statements made by the MVA regarding the monument. The MVA would ask veterans for their input and what to name it, how to place it, where to place, what colour should it be, how high should it be....because he would want to get it right to show how supportive he is to/of the veteran community. Because as we all know, it is way more important than helping living vets with health issues, pension issues, claim issues, caregivers, spouses/families etc. I guess that is what one gets from a department that is run by the department Shocked

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 28 Apr 2021, 15:40

I’ve said this many times, if they want to reduce the backlog, at least somewhat, take an overview of the 55,000 claims, and if any are from veterans that are already listed as 100% disabled, just give the veteran the benefit of the doubt and honour the claim. If the veteran is already at 100% VAC pays no money on the disability regardless of the severity, but the veteran can now access covered treatment be it physical or mental.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 28 Apr 2021, 10:49

Teentitan wrote:They could hire 500 CM's it will not reduce the backlog of applications at all.  UNLESS they give CM's more 'authority' to approve or highly recommend approval of applications.  

Only problem with that is the adjudicators would lose their minds at having someone else doing their job.   So why not hire more adjudicators to reduce the backlog?  That is one of the most ignored questions at Stakeholder meetings.  Don't know why but right now it sure is a logical answer to the backlog problem...or is it?

I don't think anyone knows what the answer is....however, what VAC is doing is not working, or if it is......it is very slow. I am sure there are a number of things they can try/change.....but their mindset is not to help the veterans.......negative decisions, time delays, excuses etc. they all compound one another and this inevitably makes things worse for the veteran. It plays on their/our minds, it delays vital support beit mental/medical or financial. Throwing good money after bad doesn't solve or fix anything but from the GoC/VAC position it must look like it is good optics for them. IMO

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 28 Apr 2021, 10:27

They could hire 500 CM's it will not reduce the backlog of applications at all. UNLESS they give CM's more 'authority' to approve or highly recommend approval of applications.

Only problem with that is the adjudicators would lose their minds at having someone else doing their job. So why not hire more adjudicators to reduce the backlog? That is one of the most ignored questions at Stakeholder meetings. Don't know why but right now it sure is a logical answer to the backlog problem...or is it?

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Budget 2021 and Vets Empty Budget 2021 and Vets

Post by Kramer Wed 28 Apr 2021, 08:42

FYI

https://www.mypowellrivernow.com/34402/mp-blaney-says-liberal-budget-not-good-enough-for-veterans/

I like this article.........yes it calls a spade a spade but Blaney also points out......“The budget lists $29 million for VAC to hire permanent caseworkers brought on to help with the disability backlog, but this is just a re-announcement of money set aside in Budget 2018.”

She also mentions what vets most want (not sure how accurate it is.....what one vet needs compared to another is not the same?) "What I hear again and again is that what veterans and their loved ones want is very simple – one caseworker that stays with them.” Hmmm I recall someone else saying this same thing........ohhh it was me!! cheers

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: