Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dental: PTSD, Chronic Pain, TMJ, Bruxism TEETH

+3
armyvet83
rmsclk
Dove96
7 posters

Go down

Dental: PTSD, Chronic Pain, TMJ, Bruxism TEETH Empty Re: Dental: PTSD, Chronic Pain, TMJ, Bruxism TEETH

Post by Kramer Mon 14 Nov 2022, 09:32

DonnieD wrote:I want to attempt to get this at VAC. However, my teeth are already grinded very severely due to years of living with PTSD. What are my chances? What forms do I fill out and like others have asked do you need your dentist to fill out the forms?

I suppose your chances will be dictated by the severity of your condition(s) and how complete your forms/information is. Contact VAC and ask them for the form(s). Using the My VAC Account will give you a paper trail.
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Dental: PTSD, Chronic Pain, TMJ, Bruxism TEETH Empty Re: Dental: PTSD, Chronic Pain, TMJ, Bruxism TEETH

Post by DonnieD Sun 13 Nov 2022, 17:09

I want to attempt to get this at VAC. However, my teeth are already grinded very severely due to years of living with PTSD. What are my chances? What forms do I fill out and like others have asked do you need your dentist to fill out the forms?

DonnieD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Fri 07 Oct 2022, 11:26

Unknown Soldier wrote:

What gets me is why does it always have to take a lawsuit to get some common sense out of Charlottetown, is it the government's plan to make all lawyers rich on the backs of veterans? I called that Drapeau law firm, some French woman was so freaking rude and condescending, then hung up...I asked them in an email if a veteran only gets respect from them when there's cash on the line...they never replied, hmmm. All those bloodsuckers are making money off of our backs, and now there's a TEAM?
 ,,, I called that same office and got a similar cold shoulder,  it's was like my complaint wasn't going to get them enough money or it wasn't the flavor of the day lawsuit, I've had very little success trying to find a lawyer to take on VAC?

Sorry to hear of your difficulties....but.... I am not surprised.....just like the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman (Ombuds, Ombudsperson, Ombudswoman), they go out of their way to avoid the cases/complaints that won't put their name in lights or give them the recognition (or money) they want!  Very sad.....but the day of reckoning could be close at hand!  The CAF and recruiting are experiencing a "crisis." lol  And according to Brigadier-General Brodie, they have no clue WHAT'S WRONG or how to fix it...duh.......they don't get it (actually I think they do....they are just unwilling to do what needs to be done!  So if anyone who reads this and has influence...take heed;  Less and less people have the desire to join when they hear all the negative about HOW VETERANS ARE POORLY TREATED!  IF THEY THINK ADVERTISING LIKE....WORD-OF-MOUTH DOESN'T DO MUCH...THINK AGAIN......WHO WANTS TO JOIN WHEN THEY HEAR THE TRUTH, THAT INJURED OR SICK VETERANS ARE TOSSED ASIDE AND GIVEN BREAD CRUMBS AND HE ONLY WAY TO GET SCRAPS IS TO TAKE THE GOC TO COURT!.....WE HEAR OF IT ON THE NEWS ALL THE TIME, BUT WHAT HAS CHANGED FOR THE BETTER??  NOT MUCH....VETERANS ARE STILL HOMELESS, COMMITTING SUICIDE, POOR AND BROKEN.  UNLESS THAT CHANGES.....OUR FUTURE/MILITARY IS GOING TO BE BROKEN AS WELL.  THE CAF NEEDS TO TELL VAC TO LOOK AFTER THEIR VETS ONCE AND FOR ALL.......VERY BASIC....PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 05 Oct 2022, 11:15

What gets me is why does it always have to take a lawsuit to get some common sense out of Charlottetown, is it the government's plan to make all lawyers rich on the backs of veterans? I called that Drapeau law firm, some French woman was so freaking rude and condescending, then hung up...I asked them in an email if a veteran only gets respect from them when there's cash on the line...they never replied, hmmm. All those bloodsuckers are making money off of our backs, and now there's a TEAM?
,,, I called that same office and got a similar cold shoulder, it's was like my complaint wasn't going to get them enough money or it wasn't the flavor of the day lawsuit, I've had very little success trying to find a lawyer to take on VAC?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 28 Sep 2022, 11:47

"I think something needs to be done, all of us should be focusing on our health, not fighting for money."

I disagree.

Everyone's situation is different. A person could have all their teeth fixed and their health as good as could be but have no money! What kind of QOL is that? There has to be a balance and everyone's balance is unique. Money can provide for things there are no benefits/coverage for. A elderly vet may be old and frail and wish to share/provide with their family before they retire from life.

As most know, the cost of living is affecting most everything from food, to fuel.....necessities of life and being able to live comfortably is becoming increasingly difficult.....and in turn financial burdens can often cause health issues (like stress, which adversely affects our health). If an individual is not able to enjoy life because of physical or mental barriers, it may and can bring happiness to some by making their family happy and that in-turn can bring happiness to the individual. Money is very important, to some more than others....but it is still important.
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Dental: PTSD, Chronic Pain, TMJ, Bruxism TEETH Empty What's the point. it's all the roll of the dice.

Post by Will_I_Ever_Find_Peace Mon 19 Sep 2022, 17:21

Dove96 wrote:Reminder:
Get your teeth looked at! If you have PTSD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia etc: Start Dental claims if you are affected by Bruxism, TMJ or their related symptoms.

People with PTSD and chronic pain often don't realize the damage is happening...until it is too late.
When you see your dentist - ask if there are visible signs of bruxism.
If your jaw hurts or has signs of TMJ - get it looked at before the joint becomes damaged or misaligned.
Get in a claim for Bruxism or TMJ and wear a mouth guard! Teeth are expensive to replace.
Note: Get that claim in - Any teeth that were damaged before this diagnosis and claim will not be covered for repair/replacement.

I had TMJ and bruxism claims (granted). Sadly I did not know my teeth were not covered until I cracked a tooth by clenching.
I had to start a claim for "Teeth Conditions" since Bruxism only covers the guard - period. TMJ was the joint.
It took me over 2 years to get my teeth covered. In the meantime I had 1 root canal, 2 cracked teeth and 1 pulled - not covered by my VA bruxism or TMJ claims (and well in excess of my Sunlife limits). This was during the period where you were only covered after you were accepted not after you applied.
I was granted the claim and since then I have had my dental covered. I also had one of the broken teeth replaced with an implant.

Don't make the mistake of letting this go - protect your teeth and pocketbook.

I'm pleased that at least someone is getting benefits like this. I've lost 6 teeth due to breaking them and swallowing them when I can sleep. I've done the paperwork 3 times, first time was 26 years ago, the last time 10 years ago. Had the ombudsman try to push VAC for answers. Was told 10 years ago that VAC was considering giving all veterans with PTSD automatic coverage...the delay should say it all. Nickel & diming, it's all BS. They don't mind filling you full of pills, but when it actually costs money, it's a fight...I freaking hate that stuff.

ELB settlement, CRA stated it wasn't to be taxed because the money was for pain and suffering, yet the guys on the SISIP class-action were forced to pay taxes? WTF? ELB was identical to SISIP LTD, ELB was designed under the NVC to administer a wage loss benefit, instead of going through Manulife, it's the same! But the freaking CRA decided that vets why received their settlement had to pay that special deemed tax, because Canada went without the time value of taxes not paid for numerous years, when the guys weren't even paid! WTF? That was all about the CRA being unprepared to do all that work for over 10k vets going back years and years. A double standard, and that's another potential lawsuit. One group can't be taxed for the exact same reason that others are granted a tax free status.

I think something needs to be done, all of us should be focusing on our health, not fighting for money.

Will_I_Ever_Find_Peace
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 17 Aug 2022, 13:03

armyvet83 wrote:Which form do I need to file for bruxism and gerd consequential to ptsd?

Have you asked VAC which form(s) you will need?????? To me they would be the first source I would go to for forms. If you have a "My VAC Account" you can send/receive (so-called secure messages) and there is always a paper trail if you think/believe you were given bad/wrong advice.
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Tue 16 Aug 2022, 23:03

Dove96 wrote:Reminder:
Get your teeth looked at! If you have PTSD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia etc: Start Dental claims if you are affected by Bruxism, TMJ or their related symptoms.

People with PTSD and chronic pain often don't realize the damage is happening...until it is too late.
If your jaw hurts or has signs of TMJ - get it looked at before the joint becomes damaged or misaligned.
Get in a claim for Bruxism or TMJ and wear a mouth guard! Teeth are expensive to replace.
Note: Get that claim in - Any teeth that were damaged before this diagnosis and claim will not be covered for repair/replacement.

I had TMJ and bruxism claims (granted). Sadly I did not know my teeth were not covered until I cracked a tooth by clenching.
I had to start a claim for "Teeth Conditions" since Bruxism only covers the guard - period. TMJ was the joint.
It took me over 2 years to get my teeth covered. In the meantime I had 1 root canal, 2 cracked teeth and 1 pulled - not covered by my VA bruxism or TMJ claims (and well in excess of my Sunlife limits). This was during the period where you were only covered after you were accepted not after you applied.
I was granted the claim and since then I have had my dental covered. I also had one of the broken teeth replaced with an implant.

do you need to get your dentist to fill out forms that say I believe this veterans bruxism was caused by his ptsd”?, because l have hard enough time discussing my mental problems with my MD, let alone telling a dentist, shrinks are a different matter it’s their bread and butter
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by armyvet83 Sat 13 Aug 2022, 14:28

Which form do I need to file for bruxism and gerd consequential to ptsd?

armyvet83
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rmsclk Mon 31 Jan 2022, 12:39

Did you apply for a disability pension? If not, you should.

rmsclk
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2018-11-17

Back to top Go down

Dental: PTSD, Chronic Pain, TMJ, Bruxism TEETH Empty Dental: PTSD, Chronic Pain, TMJ, Bruxism TEETH

Post by Dove96 Thu 16 Dec 2021, 04:35

Reminder:

Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Badboysmarket likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down