Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro's / Con's of Marital status change?

2 posters

Go down

Pro's / Con's of Marital status change? Empty Re: Pro's / Con's of Marital status change?

Post by Kramer Wed 15 Jun 2022, 20:42

DonnieD wrote:I receive sisip ltd and veterans affairs pain and suffering compensation. I recently got married outside of canada and haven't changed my status yet as my spouse isn't in Canada yet as we are in the process with that.

I am wondering if there will be any changes to my Sisip LTD or veterans compensation payments because I am married now, is there any pro's or con's? My spouse is not in Canada so not employed.
Also should I change my status here or just wait for when they come to Canada?

As I don't receive or never have received SISIP, I cannot speak for that, but......in my situation (as everyone is different) there are many times survivors benefits, and or an increase in benefits (typically, a married veteran will receive additional monies/support for their spouse, like with the Pension Act) will come with being married.

Additionally, by not informing the appropriate offices of a change in marital status when there is.....could have more negative repercussions than positive ones....IMO

Perhaps contact SISIP......anonymously or not and get some answers from them?
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Pro's / Con's of Marital status change? Empty Pro's / Con's of Marital status change?

Post by DonnieD Wed 15 Jun 2022, 05:29

I receive sisip ltd and veterans affairs pain and suffering compensation. I recently got married outside of canada and haven't changed my status yet as my spouse isn't in Canada yet as we are in the process with that.

I am wondering if there will be any changes to my Sisip LTD or veterans compensation payments because I am married now, is there any pro's or con's? My spouse is not in Canada so not employed.
Also should I change my status here or just wait for when they come to Canada?

DonnieD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down