Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next?

+2
bigrex
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next? Empty Benefit of doubt

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 20:45

I came across a good Federal court decision between Donat Therialt and the Attorney General Of Canada. Please look at page 22 and use this in your review as evidence. Hope this helps!!!

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next? Empty Back assessments

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 21:31

The hell with this bullshit lets get together and sue the asses off these pricks , lets swamp the bastards with lawsuits ,lets learn from the natives ,lets use their money to sue them . We can force the bastards to pay our legal fees if we can get the slippery devils in court . This is the preferred method of dealing with this scum . The alternative will only make martyrs of the piss ants and we sure dont want to do that , besides it would be too easy after all they trained us to to do those things https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_twisted.gif

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next? Empty Re: Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next?

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 08:38

I applied last December for a review and it has not been looked at yet. They have 12 week turnaround time, but this one has taken way longer. I have never had this problem in the past. Don't know what is going on.

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next? Empty Re: Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next?

Post by Guest Sat 27 Apr 2013, 12:33

wow, I can see that I am not the only one to fight VAC, in order to win first you have to fill all the paperwork, the quality of life questionnaire is very important, it will make the difference. Ask to be evaluated by a physiotherapist to show how much loss of movement you have...make another request to have all of med file, you really need it then go through it to get anything that will help, finally lookat your pre-recruitment medical it will say if you suffered from any ailment thay don't want ot pay for.
I did that and won my last appeal.
good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 19:15

Review Hearing

The Review Hearing is the only time in the process when applicants may appear before the Board and testify regarding the facts of their case. Review Hearings are normally conducted by two Board members, and take place at approximately 25 locations across Canada. This makes it easier for applicants to attend and to present testimony in person. The Board also offers Review Hearings by teleconference and video conference.

Appeal Hearing

An Appeal Hearing is a further opportunity for representatives to make oral and/or written arguments in support of a case. The legislation does not permit oral testimony at this level.

Three Board Members who were not involved in the Review Hearing conduct the Appeal Hearing. Appeal Hearings are usually held at the Board's Head Office in Charlottetown as well as by teleconference.

http://www.vrab-tacra.gc.ca/Overview-Apercu-eng.cfm

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:20

Rottenode, with your pending release, I would apply for the rehab/ELB program, as well as PIA and supp. If they deem you unable to be employed due to your PTSD, it will provide you with 75% of your military pay until 65 plus the PIA and supp each month. It may not be a lump sum like an increased disability, but I've been on it now since the summer and have made far more than I would have with a 5% disability award. Plus, you can always request another reassessment in a couple of years
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:43

VRAB is a joke, they do not even look at the diagnosis and recommendations of VAC's doctors, they completely ignored the report given to them by the doctor VAC referred my husband to, not only that but the refused to give us resons for their denial. The evidence is there in black and white but they have the power ro ignore it if they so choose and do not have to answer for it.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 08:50

Was wondering if it's even worth it to pursue anything with VRAB? I have been diagnosed with PTSD, and received an award of 22% and that was all and fine, but now my issues have progressed to the point I can no longer do my job and am on my way out. I re-applied for an Award since my condition has changed and they upped me to 25%. An increase of 3% which carries no Award. I don't know if I should file with the VRAB or just take my licks and carry on.....but the way I see it and maybe it's just me but I can no longer do my job and possibly other things after my career is over...should that not warrent something?

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next? Empty Helluva a system

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 17:38

I have had a MANY of reviews, appeals etc, for me, I will say it took lots out of me but I am really tenacious I am 7-1 and have 4 pending, helluva a system. Sadly I am in excess of a 100% and now it is just about principle.,yes I get it there still are those blue cross check boxes, but it gets real personal for me and so very hard to step back and be factual and objective If anyone every needs a hand, all you have to do is reach out. Good luck for those that are in this battle and struggle, and congrats to those that had the intestinal fortitude and got to the light, I know that tunnel can be VERY long. If ANYONE knows of someone that needs an advocate or help that is why this is here.

Stay Strong.

Was about time that a rule/Law, Fact, called “Benefit of the doubt” is FINALLY being applied after yet another battle, good thing we are Warriors!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:39

great pipper glad to here it.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:36

I finally got it after 7 yrs I was awarded 11% with 3 yrs back pay for my (R) Shouder .. Not really happy with how low it is but its a start .. Thanx for all the imput CSAT ..
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jan 2013, 09:36

RCN-Retired wrote:The concern is that I have not been able to attend a review hearing, both the review and now the appeal is being done in Charlottetown and I have been given no opportunity to provide my side.

Why were you not able to attend the review hearing?

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been successful with VRAB? What happens next? Empty VRAB experiences and a few hints

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jan 2013, 02:17

I have been in front of the VRAB twice. Once in 2005 and once in 2012. I found the most recent experience much less stressful. It was not as formal as the first and the panel went out of their way to be courteous and helpful. It did not hurt that I had a very experienced lawyer and she had found material in the Merrick Manual to back up my case. It took about 30 min and I had a favourable decision in the mail within 2 months. The best advice I can give anyone is don't give up, especially with back injuries. They normally divide back injuries into 3 separate areas (cervical, thorasic, lumbar) and you can file a claim for each one individually depending if you have the documentation to back up your claims. As well, if they try to tell you that you already had a pre-existing condition such as degenerative disc disease, remind them that the symptoms and disability from that condition does not normally manifest itself until someone is in their late 50's or beyond. It does not show up in your 20's or 30's unless it is made worse by something that has happened recently. There are studies out there that will back this up. Everyone has to have an entrance physical and x-rays before they get to Basic. If the condition was not there before you joined, then your service must have caused it or made it so bad that it is giving you problems. Also don't forget about the stress from the pain and the pain itself and how it is affecting your ability to work and just live your life in general. Sometimes it seems like they are playing a waiting game...can they make you jump through enough hoops that you finally give up and just quit? If you were willing to fight for your country, be willing to fight for yourself and your family. Don't give up, you are worth the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 25 Jan 2013, 18:57

That is BS, you have the right to be heard, and the only way they can assure you of this is to have the review hearing where you live. Do you have the record of the review hearing, because it will list where it was held and who was present. If you have the proof that VRAB held the hearing so far away as to deny you your rights, let Peter Stoffer know. He is the only person that can take the VRAB and the Minister to task, because the OVO will say they have no jurisdiction over VRAB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Fri 25 Jan 2013, 02:06

The concern is that I have not been able to attend a review hearing, both the review and now the appeal is being done in Charlottetown and I have been given no opportunity to provide my side.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next