Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Note From Peter Driscoll

+5
OldZipperhead
bigrex
K9
sailor964
acerman1234
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Note From Peter Driscoll Empty Wife Of Veteran

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 22:05

Sorry for the post

Back to top Go down

A Note From Peter Driscoll Empty Re: A Note From Peter Driscoll

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 22:04

unrelenting pain is a disease in itself...very researched, don't think catigorized (sp) well in VAC or SISIP manuals....no cast....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 22:01

That's right Sister I can't sit thru a movie with escalating pain. a meal at a restaurant brutal but you do what you have to do. Not even going there about the family thing.

Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 21:33

You said it sister....collective Rememberance day Koolaid party?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Wed 03 Oct 2012, 21:31

Physically and Mentally Disabled Veterans who were told not to worry, and that their government, veterans affairs and their insurance company that they had paid into for years, would be there for them.
Our Veterans are so hurt, disgusted, and disappointed that they were let down, which on turn makes them angry and even more distrusting.
When one is disabled Everything becomes harder, Finances, Spouses, Children, Friends, even a movie or a meal at a restaurant can be literally impossible, so over time their life becomes almost impossible to exist in.
Patience, and Trust has long ago been worn away.

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 15:25

If your not kissing someone dairy air you shouldnt be here i guess

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Wed 03 Oct 2012, 15:24

Sir,
I have a question about this lawsuit as a whole.

This "CLASS" is a group of veterans that will be finally receiving the compensation that GOC has owed them all along. With the NVC falling well short of this kind of compensation, can you tell me if the Equitas Society or the Miller Thompson Lawfirm has been in contact with this case??

My concerns, are that all disabled veterans have not been treated equally.

Surely, the McInnes Copper Lawfirm, GOC, and Justice Barnes, can see that.

Since the McInnes Cooper Lawfirm is right in the thick of it, certainly, they would have ample knowledge to pass forward into the lawsuit against the NVC.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 15:24

Darn my comment was deleted i should have saved it

Back to top Go down

Post by Horseman Wed 03 Oct 2012, 15:14

I never suggested we shouldn't discuss our concerns openly but shouldn't the slash and burn approach be balanced against cause and effect.

A good example of abuse is how this Government who has been accused in the Press for wasting $800,000.00 of tax payer money on the military action, in essence bought their collective butts, 5 years of delay, why, just because they could. Did they knowingly blow this small fortune even after considering the overwhelming facts of this case? This falls within the DOJ authority to expense anything it wishes to their office expenses ledger and if this expenditure were to occur anywhere else in government, the House of Commons,Senate and Auditor General would be picketting the PMO for abuse of process, useless meandering , and gross wastefullness on the backs of the most vulnerable. The compounding interest over five years of neglect is enough to unseat most governments yet this group is often characterized as uninterested regardless of the damage they are causing to a proud military,its Vets,their families both living and God bless their souls, those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for all Canadians. The Govenment of Canada now has another option available to them, spend another Million dollars to delay the related RCMP SISIP class action, and why you ask..Aren't they aware that the evidence/merits of this case are virtually mirrored copies of the other? Didn't the Federal Court decide on May of this year,unreservedly; unequivocally that the state have been illegally deducting PA Injury awards? Of course they are intimately aware of these facts, they're the Goverment of Canada. If not then jurisprudence in this country is not prudent afterall.
But at the end of the day as their Limo's arrive one by one at Parliament Hill to whisk the elite of our Government away to a comfortable place where voices fade, that personal sancturary where we all end up when we need to examine our consciences. It's at that place where they'll hear their own words repeated; we want to do the right thing for our Veterans.
Most Canadians these day understand 'the why' you're doing this, because you can! Its time for closure, there are no two sides to this matter .We are indeed all Canadians and now is the time to take a conscious step forward and settle both the RCMP SISIP Action simultaneously with the Military SISIP Action. I now you will because, you can!

Horseman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 03 Oct 2012, 14:17

Thanks for your comments Grosgig.

Je me souviens aussi
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 14:12

Peep,

it's not the lack of information who start rumors, it's real people. I have read a lot of rumors here, non validated informations, people saying i hear that, hear this.

For sure, we are veteran ( not lawyers,judge,wall street boy, financial advisor. so let be veterans.

I know that a lot of people here has a lot of expectations, that's lead to rumors, people have question, it is normal but before answering a question you MUST HAVE THE CORRECT ANSWER. Who got the answer when our legal team are still negociating, it can change on a click of a finger. We have to wait before having or answer.

What i'm sure it's take people to start rumors, and it's take people to beleive in it. So all of us may wait to the real answer and validate info by people who got them.

Je me souviens

Grosgig (vandoos)

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 03 Oct 2012, 13:51

Teentiten has some very deep concerns, I can respect it all, but one thing.
Peter should still read the forums.

If you suggest to Peter not to read the forum, then you have cut us off more and if you think we are bad now.......

Lack of information only leads to roomers, anxiety and stress which is dangerous to us.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 13:40

I think Vvi just shot themselves in the foot. Prediction, less traffic on forums, probably going back to where it was 6 months ago, very few posts and much less debate. Its kind of sad, i have enjoyed hearing the different opinions and solutions to many of our problems. Too bad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 13:17

So i dont like what you say nor think and because of that you are not allowed to say it???Sounds like Harper in they somewhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Horseman Wed 03 Oct 2012, 13:13

As somewhat of a bystander to the Military Vet SISIP action we/I on the RCMP SISIP have a vested interest in the outcome of these ongoing negotiations. Having said that I believe that while there are many extremely frustrated victims of this misjustice its more important that we speak within the confines of the dressing room, team members only. I have never spoken to Peter or Daniel or anyone at this law firm and so most of what I know is gleaned from VVI. As someone who has spent many years in the Court Room working with counsel,crown and the judiciary I can say with some level of expertise that personal attacks on this forum are counter-productive and clearly defeatist in term of the main objective which is to bring a longstanding solution to such a devestating injustice. There are five timely updates from this law firm which are intended to keep the class informed on a general basis, to say anything more indepth on an open forum is generally unwise and of no benefit to our cause. The invitation from Peter or other staff is intended in my opinion as a stop-gap method to mitigate the deep concerns of the class mindful of the greater audience who do not have to be members to tune into the daily dialogue. Justice Barnes, the DOJ and the law firm are on record to have this matter resolved and if they can get that done I for one am prepared to let that happen without the need for creating stress on the very people who took this matter on a contingency basis. But that is just my opinion, I certaintly share the angst among many on this forum but this law firm should be spending its hours and days working through the maliase of matters related directly to the solution and not defending their personalties on this forum particularly since we are part of their team.

Horseman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next