Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Answers, Only more questions.

3 posters

Go down

No Answers, Only more questions. Empty Re: No Answers, Only more questions.

Post by VetWife Tue 16 Oct 2012, 14:51

ya probably, oh well, I'll let Peter look after that one cause I know we are not the only ones in this boat. Thanks for listening, I feel a bit better now.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 16 Oct 2012, 14:34

Vetwife. I can imagine that his file is still open because in their mind, you still owe them money. That overpayment is likely what they are using against him. They will say that he was refused coverage past 24 months for non compliance with the policy
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Tue 16 Oct 2012, 14:21

I've sent the info to peter's office, hopefully we can get it all sorted out, in the meantime it would be nice to know if we'll start getting some extra bucks from ELB that he's apparently eligible for now since there is no more clawback...thats another thing, VAC can't say yes or no, they say we "will be contacted in the near future". Good grief. I have a letter from them that says he is eligible fior ELB as meets the criteria but his VAC is too much, shouldn;t this be simple enough for them to answer?

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 13:57

Maybe send a registered letter and request your husbands file to be mailed to you also is their not a privacy act and a freedom of information request. This is his information so somebody should be able to get it. Maybe even try your member of parliament , just tell them you want your husbands medical file from sisip, it's actually outrageous they are putting you thru that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 13:50

Yes, it is frustrating I can only imagine, but if you tell Peter everything that you told us, and try to get on the second list. It really bothers me when a insurance company has your private medical and financial information and refuse to release it to you. It would be interesting to know what Peter can add to this, as this sounds shady at the least and more likely illegal

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Tue 16 Oct 2012, 13:35

thats my point navrat, they are unable or unwilling to answer my question at this point. I have confirmed that his file IS STILL OPEN, that much we know, as for what happened after it was decided that he was no longer financially eligible is anybodys guess. We never recieved anyting official from them saying you are off in fact, He was never sent anything more from SISIP other than their yearly "friendly reminder" that we still owe them some cash. I think that they, as well as we assumed that since he's getting his VAC thats all she wrote, it is their responsibility though to do the paperwork and follow the book with respect to this and they did not. All I really want is to be able to call them and get a staright up answer, not just a guess or them telling me to call back in a couple weeks.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 13:20

Well, yes it matters, your husband is most def owed retro, just for the 2 years alone, everyone gets 2 years, so they never cut him off earlier, and they must have declared him NOT. Tpi at 24 months for them to just say he is off it. So I would ask, Hello, Sisip ltd, this is Vetwife calling on behalf of my husband, he was on sisip ltd starting ------- could you tell me when his file was closed and what was the decision at the 24 month mark regarding tpi . You have a right to know this, this is his private information and he deserves an answer to what was decided since you got no letter from them

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:56

Thanks everyone, No, we are not at the magical 75% at all. I know that the law firm is working on it, I guess mostly I just needed to vent. We have not heard a thing from SISIp in years and he never made it to 2 years of benefits from them bceause of his VAC and no, he was never reassessed or anything else after he was given the boot for too much VAC, they simply said see ya and by the way, YOU owe US money for your overpayment,it doesn;t matter I guess, it is what it is.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:42

Maybe at the end of the twenty four month period your husband was not declared tpi from sisip which would have ended his coverage,thus him not on list. I have no idea but our law firm is top notch so contact them, but sisip does have your husbands private information and it is puzzling as to why sisip feels they can withhold his information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:23

Vetwife, does your combined sources of income ie: CPP Disability and Annuity etc etc surpass the magical 75% ? And just to add to teentitan's comments, McInnis Cooper (Peter) are truly working on our behalf. If there is an unjust he will fix it. I was getting very impatient with a lot of anxiety dealing with VAC and SISIP, and it will be resolved. If you would like to talk personally, I can give you a call and explain my situation and perhaps set your husband at ease, as I too suffer in many different ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:02

VetWife I can only understand the anxiety you and your husband are going thru. Living it I have no idea? But please try to understand yes there is a lot of people in your situation and what seems like an easy fix in reality it is not. There is no list for VAC or SISIP to look at because it's a list they just don't keep and if they did it would be an administrative nightmare to keep up. But please remember YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN. Peter is working hard to get your situation negotiated.

Let the negotiations happen and for your own sanity, as well as your husbands health you have exhausted all your different ways of phrasing the question to VAC and SISIP. So I suggest you stop calling them as it only escalates your anxiety.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

No Answers, Only more questions. Empty No Answers, Only more questions.

Post by VetWife Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:52

It appears to me that there are many more people NOT on the magical list than people who are. I am just so frustrated and I am having to explain to my husband every single day that he needs to continue to play the wait and see game. My husband has very severe PTSD, he is angry, depressed, frustrarated, paranoid and has very limited ability to cope with stress and anxiety which is not helped by all of this uncertainty and guess work. Basically, he has thrown up his hands and given up with all of this. VAC will not answer the question we have asked 5 diffenet times in the past 7 days as to whether or not his ELB is in fact going to kick in this month. As for SISIP, they will still not tell us why we are SOL as far as them kicking back in. My husband was zeroed out shortly after release because of his VAC and his file was never closed, it is still open but they do not have him on this list, what exactly is the criteria for being on the list? open sisp file and no $ becasue of VAC clawback, I thought that was it? Am I wrong? What about VAC? how come they cannot answer our question about the ELB? We have confirmed that he has applied, is eligible but not in pay as too much VAC, shouldn;t it be easy to figure out? Anyone else out there not able to get a yes or no from VAC with respect to ELB starting up?

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum