Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can you follow my thought

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

can you follow my thought Empty Re: can you follow my thought

Post by puddleduk2 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 15:06

definately missing my meds, its been just over two years with nothing in my system to block out the world, for as much as it benefits my physical health my mental health suffers for it as I'm not following the secondary messaging going on.

Would not a separate topic or usage of the 'send a message' portion be more beneficial.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 14:54

pemed sory when you said responces to i thought you ment from the leagal team to whom the questions would be asked.you do understand my confusion?
once again sory
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 13:24

I didnt say answer them I said poise them, and f/w them to Office via email. too, agreement? sorry I missed that...please repost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 07:50

pemed good question but teen is right.dont get me wrong i would never like us being gaged as from discussing this subject as we are not at the table and dont have any info the goc hasnt already vetted.however once you bring someone on here that is at the table and subject to the gag order in a q and a format this could lead to a whole host of problems.this would in my oppinion also serve little perpouse as the only questions he could answer on here would be about info already vetted witch moast of us allready have.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 07:47

more thinking on this also brings up the query on pre release pay or salary,

if you had opportunities outside of the CF on your time off for extra wages, and could not continue making this after your release would this not also be considered for inclusion of monthly pay or monthly salary on release.

Mr Stoffer's proposes that the switch allowing CF members that get CPP in any form not be deducted the clawback associated with it.

It would be a financially neutral proposal in regards to the government having to come up with the funds they clawback from us now.

For all of us, when we were so employed within the CF we payed into the Employment Insurance plan but could not collect with the exception of maternity leave (applicants).

So if it is a matter of coming up with the money to cease the CPP/CFSA clawback take it from the EI fund that none of the majority could collect from.

Until that time when the CPP/CFSA clawback ceases it is still considered the same fund. It should be included in our monthly salary or monthly pay calculation on our release, not as a deduction from the LTD plan.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 00:03

I believe it is bill C-215 (introduced by MP Peter Stoffer) that has been avoided so far in passing in the House of Commons, regarding to changing the CFSA and CPP to avoid them being taken as the same fund.

It was last voted on in parliament on Feb 15 2012 in its last reading.

Last edited by puddleduk2 on Thu 18 Oct 2012, 00:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and addition of MP name that introduced bill C-215)
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 17 Oct 2012, 23:41

PMED please respect decisions that are made by Veteran Voice and McInnes Cooper.

There was a mutual agreement that McInnes Cooper in answering questions on an open forum could cause a problem with the DoJ/Toope as McInnes Cooper could accidentally answer a question that was under a gag order due to negotiations.

So please no more talk about posting SITREP's. You did a great job posting the memo's and I put a sticky on it at your request for members of the class to read if they have not yet read them.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 23:21

yes, and posted on forum, to some desmayed folks, don't know why we cant see questions poised? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm? and responses too,,,,some dont share or have email dude, explain please...Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 17 Oct 2012, 22:55

sorry Zipperhead, our argument has been all along that our PA amount is not income replacement, nor taxable as income, it is for our injuries, and as such should not be included in SISIP's calculation of what is considered income.

Seeing how CPP(D) is considered 100% deductible from our LTD it should be considered as pre or post release income same as our CF pay for calculation of our LTD amount.

Yours' is a good argument to have presented to SISIP, if it was not income previous to release, why is it after.

Some good members of Parliament have been trying for the last six years to have this changed for CF and RCMP members. The MP's resisting this change obviously see CFSA and CPP as one fund, and have been doing their best to have it remain so.

Last edited by puddleduk2 on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 23:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of last line of text)
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 17 Oct 2012, 22:50

still following my thought on this,

i am delusional at times, and have started to think like an insurance company, and looked up some info on our pre-class action LTD policy,

it said in section;

1.g.(i).a For members defined at. Section 1.f.(i), "monthly pay" or "monthly salary" shall mean the monthly pay in effect on the date of release from the Canadian Forces, and shall include all retroactive pay increases with an effective date on or before the member's date of release from the Canadian Forces.

(1.f (etc) includes the definitions of which members are covered under the policy.)

It does not state that the month pay or monthly salary in effect on release must only come from the Canadian Forces as defined under the National Defence Act, only that amount on your date of release from the Canadian Forces.

For some of us, any contribution to CPP before and after joining the CF is deducted through the bridge formula when starting to collect our CFSA amount and CPP(D), for those not collecting a CFSA amount and were collecting CPP(D) before release they would be in the same boat.

We are told that it is the same fund, and not a stacked benefit like our Members of Parliament.

If it is the same fund (not a separate stacked benefit) by a different name, and yet treated the same, why would it not be included and treated the same in our monthly pay or salary when making the calculation on release date?

puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Wed 17 Oct 2012, 13:03

That was the argument I made with regards to receiving DVA pension while still serving. SISIP excluded it as income for determining my monthly earnings and then included it as earnings after my release, which reduced what they had to pay me prior to being zero'd out. WTF
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 12:54

puddleduk2 wrote:In my delirium I present a twisted thought,

When some of us were released we were already receiving CPP(D), for myself it was just over two years before my release date.

Our LTD SISIP coverage was to restore what we were making as total income the day after our release, minus CPP(D) and our CF Pension (and previously our PA amount).

My thought was my claimed income previous to my release included the CPP(D) amount as taxable income,

Even though SISIP currently deducts CPP(D) from our last income on release, shouldn't those in receipt of CPP(D) before their release be looked at as if it was part of their income on release, already established, not as an afterthought to reduce the liability of the plan.

thoughts anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 12:42

PMED ,

Did you shoot that question off to Peter for the sitrep in 2 days ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 17 Oct 2012, 12:31

My knowledge on this is wonky but I'll give it a shot...SISIP can only deduct the "original" amount CPP D (when you first recieved it) until you reach age 65.

So the deduction of CPP D from LTD is never increased.

This however is a good question to shoot off to Peter for the SITREP.

Hope it helps.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 12:21

Teentitan? Are you with us?

Back to top Go down