Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fresh Perspective

2 posters

Go down

A Fresh Perspective Empty Re: A Fresh Perspective

Post by meteck Fri 02 Nov 2012, 19:56

well bigrex i appreciate your position and i feel very strongly that all veterans get whats owed to them.ive fought the federal gvrnmnt on a different stage once and it was heart wrenching believe me.i would be a hypocrite to yell and scream for better service for me but i now know theres much to be fixed with veterans affairs and sisip and fully support anyone fighting for fairness and compassion.thank you for putting it into perspective.

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 02 Nov 2012, 11:18

Meteck, I'm glad that you have been treated well so far, but there are many that have been pushed to the bottom of the barrel by VAC and SISIP for years and they are finally able to see the light at the top of the barrel and are now desperately clawing to get to the surface. It only becomes more aggravating when you can no longer work or attend school, because of service related disabilities, and are relying on an insensitive bureaucracy to provide you with enough money to survive, and you're told by Veterans who are less affected, to relax and wait for whatever comes their way. I'm sure that you would feel the same we do if you walked in our shoes, and you should thank God you don't have to.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:10

The initial lawsuit is for not receiving the 75% that we would all believed we were entitled to. ie you receive your 3B, get pensioned if you are over 10 years, they deduct that, then they would also deduct your VA pension had you received one which is the unlawful part. I was in the category of being able to work after schooling, so for the two years they deducted those amounts. As for zero amounts they received VA and SISIP never paid any LTD amounts because it exceeded the "75%". This is just a condensed version I'm sure there will be others to correct me if I'm wrong...LOL

Back to top Go down

A Fresh Perspective Empty A Fresh Perspective

Post by meteck Fri 02 Nov 2012, 09:44

i am new to the forum but have read posts here for weeks.couple of things.people that are mad that only a few have been fighting this fight for years need some imput.ive been on elb since 2007.i am currently in college and want you all to know that until 4 months ago i had NO idea this lawsuit was to benifit me.my case worker in fact told me years ago this lawsuit wasnt about elb so thats why most wernt fighting the law in years past.point two..can someone explain what zero sum actually means.my entiremedical pension was used as part of my monthly income.is that the same? last point it seems there is many conflicting statements in this forum wouldnt dennis have the right info since hes the plantiff? thanks to whoever started this forum its been educational.unfortunatly im not angry or tourqued by the program.ive been treated well by veterans affairs overall so its interesting to hear from those whove been spun around by them.good luck to all!

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down