Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What has been the stupidest comment you have received from a SISIP representative or CM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What has been the stupidest comment you have received from a SISIP representative or CM Empty Re: What has been the stupidest comment you have received from a SISIP representative or CM

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 11:49

oops that last was for navrat.
propat

Back to top Go down

What has been the stupidest comment you have received from a SISIP representative or CM Empty Re: What has been the stupidest comment you have received from a SISIP representative or CM

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:09

yup ya got a point there bigrex.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 17:33

Propat, EElb in my opinion is better because you won't have to pay your doctor to fill out out medical forms each year.Also for all VACs fault it's not an insurance company and in my opinion they should dump sisip ltd and make VAC the administer of the ltd program.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 15:46

oh great bigrex eelb is pritty much the same now anyway i guess.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 15 Nov 2012, 15:38

No, I appealed it in 2008 to no avail. So short of going to court like that woman did in the other thread, my options were used up. It's OK now, I'm on EELB with PIA and supp, so life is finally looking brighter
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 14:35

have you been redressing your sissip decission big rex?
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 15 Nov 2012, 14:23

Well, I know in my case, i was denied because the condition that prompted my medical release, OA left knee, did not create a total disability. The fact that I had OA of both knees, chronic mechanical lower back pain (which has since been diagnosed as degenerative disk disease and Failed Back Syndrome), Myofacial Cervical Pain Syndrome, Lymphedema, peripheral neuropathy, and an OSI, was never even taken into consideration. Heck, I couldn't even work the last several months before my release, and I had been working in an office in Ottawa at the time. But at least I know that they denied me continued benefits, but only because I wasn't zeroed out while on SISIP. I don't think that they required many Veterans to complete the forms to determine complete disability, unless it was actually costing them money. So if you were zeroed out already, your file was closed or made dormant. How many man hours do you think most CM's would spend on closed or dormant files? None, until we won our lawsuit.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 13:15

That is probably the most realistic approach I have heard Rex

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 13:12

yes big rex i belive there is not a lot of rules to keep an insurance coy from denying you benifits ore even coverage.the only one that stands out in my mind (i might be wrong on this)but i belive they have to notify you in person ore by registerd mail.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 15 Nov 2012, 13:03

Robbie, unfortunately, it also sounds like a lot of zero sum clients were never even assessed to see if they were totally disabled, because their CM decided it was not worth their effort, since they never thought that they would ever receive any money, Basically the lawyers should be able to say that if there is no actual denial of benefits, attached to a completed medical form, then they have to assume that the client was totally disabled since their release, especially if they have been deemed TPI by VAC or CPP. If any of these Veterans had employment earnings because many were forced to work in order to survive, at the expense of their health, simply deduct 50% of those reported earnings from the retro, as per the SISIP policy.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 13:02

navrat keep in mind regardless when you were approved your ltd financial benifits dont start util release.im sure you know that anyway.
propat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:57

Yes I was approved for sisip ltd 6 months before release, yet received nothing because of the clawback, owed 97 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:50

yup in the same boat permanatly diabled,dva and cppd 2006 realeased 2008 one letter from sisip on realeas saying im clawed back to nothing.thenext one i got was a week ago with a cheque.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:46

I am ok with that brother, cheers to the "waiting party"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:45

robbie ok i see now i thought that they disqualifide you for ltd becouse you were to ill to do rehab.well the money will come late but it looks like you will get it.the wait sucks but thats just the situation we are in right now.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum