Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY FACE TO FACE MEETING WITH MR. BLANEY IN KINGSTON THIS PAST WEDNESDAY

Go down

MY FACE TO FACE MEETING WITH MR. BLANEY IN KINGSTON THIS PAST WEDNESDAY Empty MY FACE TO FACE MEETING WITH MR. BLANEY IN KINGSTON THIS PAST WEDNESDAY

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 21:57

Very Important!!! all RCMP veterans or anyone who knows one please fan this out to them. Can not believe that Mr. Blaney through his Parliamentary Secretary asking to hear concerns from RCMP and CF Veterans. I can not believe that RCMP, Canadian Forces and Veteran was all in the same sentence. I take the Conservative Government with a grain of salt but its important to let them know how he Mr. Blaney and his boss Mr. Harper have forsaken the RCMP veterans their families not to mention the RCMP officers themselves and their families. Please spread the word to all the Canadian Legions, Army Navy Air force and any other organizations that have or could reach out to RCMP veterans who may have disability issues and concerns that need to be made clear. I find it kind of coincidental that I have a tet a tet with Mr. Blaney then a very pissed off spouse of an RCMP officer sets up a facebook page called BATTLE BARE CANADA just this last Friday then suddenly Mr. Blaney wants to reach out to RCMP vets?????  There is another facebook page called DAMAGED ON DUTY  started by another pissed of RCMP spouse. It was a good week. Eric

Eve.Adams@parl.gc.ca; Steven.Blaney@vac-acc.gc.ca; steven.blaney@parl.gc.ca
Subject: VAC Parliamentary Secretary Wishes to hear from Veterans (with
problems) Directly

Eve Adams, VAC Parliamentary secretary wishes to here from RCMP and CF veterans, experiencing problems directly. She expressed this statement/sentiment to the VAc Parliamentary Committee this week.

Please pass around and distribute this news and encourage those with issues to call her and ask to speak with her directly, or call you back personally, so she can back up her commitment to assist veterans with their needs, that are not being met on a systemic scale.

Eve Adams
(613) 995-7784
Eve.Adams@parl.gc.ca

I had conducted a protest at the Ambassador Hotel last Wednesday where the annual Military Mental Health conference took place but of course the RCMP was not there except for one representative from the RCMP Association. The following is a recap of chance to talk to Mr. Blaney personally unfortunately while he was waiting and having a tax payers paid breakfast.

He saw the daggers coming out of my eyes got up and walked over to talk to me. It was a wonderful thing just me and Mr. Blaney and a few bumbees. This is what was communicated to Mr. Blaney

My name is Eric Rebiere the former RCMP veteran that protested at the Military Mental Health seminar this past week at the Ambassador Hotel in Kingston. I showed up early at the Ambassador Hotel and just as I walked in the door I recognized Veterans Affairs Minister Mr. Blaney. Politely but in a very frank manner I asked him if he had any idea of the suicide rate in the RCMP vets community? He did not have a clue. His assistant Mr Bernardo gave me his card and Blaney said please send me a letter? Been trying to get through the Conservative since 2008.

I asked the question to Mr. Blaney "when did the RCMP stop being veterans?" . A lot could not believe that the first British Colonial Soldier to win the Victoria Cross for Valor was Sgt. A.L. Richardson North West Mounted Police #3058 who fought under the LDSH banner commanded by Lt/Col Sam Steele also from the NWMP. It was a good day and I had a lot of support. I listened to General Dallaire a great speaker. I really would like to shake his hand one day. He was very busy after his presentation.

Their are a number of facebook pages of RCMP spouses speaking out for their RCMP husbands and wives. The unrest about PTSD and the impact on the families and officers is growing. Ironically General Senator Dallaire spoke about the impact on the families of soldiers living with PTSD. My parting words to Mr. Blaney was that I will not be going away.

By the end of the week the following was received from Mr. Stoffer from the NDP that Mr. Blaney through his parliamentary secretary Eve Adams wants to hear the concerns from the RCMP and CF veterans. . The problem how to reach out to all those thousands of RCMP veterans that are not part of the RCMP Vets? I am hoping that their are a good number who have joined the Canadian Legion and if this could be fanned out to all the legion branches it will provide an opportunity for these RCMP vets with issues with disability, VIP etc to make their voices known. The daunting problem is how to reach out to those RCMP vets who are not part of the Legion or the RCMP Vets Association and may have undiagnosed disabilities like PTSD or other health related issues which is only available to the Military. If you can fan this out to all the Legion Branches you would be doing a great service to the RCMP vets out their that need to address issues.

Regards

Eric Rebiere (Former Cst.RCMP 37515 LSGC and Military Veteran. 613-352-8765

Back to top Go down