Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL;DO YOU THINK THE NVC IS THE BEST SYSTEM

+2
Jeffery M
peep
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

POLL;DO YOU THINK THE NVC IS THE BEST SYSTEM Empty Re: POLL;DO YOU THINK THE NVC IS THE BEST SYSTEM

Post by Rags Mon 28 Jan 2013, 19:26

Old System DVA is best.
Old system was best for vet. When you combine an effective SISIP LTD with DVA and Med release it is just fine. Problem 1 was SISIP did not function as it should have. Two Problem was that the system was being so abused by false claims they were not going to be able to fund it to the future. Instead of cracking down the the massive abuse of DVA they took what they thought was easy way out and it has cheated our current wounded vets out of proper assistance. All you fakers and fraudsters to your non combat/training related problems to get extra cash you should be ashamed. You know who you are go look in the mirror tonight. Shame (PTSD from hearing a soldier talk to another about a mission and you were not even in the conversation just eaves dropping....Shame). (PTSD from being posted to Germany cause the russians may attack...Shame) I could go on its sickening.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

POLL;DO YOU THINK THE NVC IS THE BEST SYSTEM Empty Re: POLL;DO YOU THINK THE NVC IS THE BEST SYSTEM

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 16:20

The NVC has more progressive programs than the Pension Act had. I was contacted for the first time by VAC four years after I was released 3b. If NVC didn't come along I would have ended my misery by now.
Taking away the security of a life long pension from our injured soldiers is uncontionable and should not have made it through the senate or the house for that matter. Once again the government is not listening, and still making ends meet with the lives of our soldiers in the balance.
So, My vote is NO, the programs were always there, nobody talked about them so they were not used, and taking away all security in the form of a life long pension from someone in pain and stressed mentally is cruel.
Does anyone remember the $10,000,000 paid to the falsly accused terrorist who was tortured in Syria?? But the government NEVER settles for paying damages. We are being railroaded! IMHO.

Chimo, VVV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:40

yup there is a lot that needs to be sorted out with the nvc i guess that is why moast peeps would prefer the va pention but the biggest issue in my mind is the buyout this is just wrong.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:28

And that's the problem...not enough front line workers to help us. Even worse an organization that does not listen to their front line workers!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:23

Sometimes not everyone has a great cm,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:17

I agree I know the frustration of keeping track of my payroll sent me over the edge a few times then try getting to a fax machine because you couldnt email them a copy. The system isnt easy but the benefits and info is all there I'm proof because I had great CM's and and wife that keeps me grounded well sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:11

Good point LMFAO I think the group in charge of My VAC Account could add this to the menu options.

The reason I say VAC needs to give more attention to taxes and procedures is for the severe mental disorder guys, or severly injured. They are trying to just live and they have to fill out form after form and remember to call department after department.

I just want to make sure the most severly injured vets are not getting screwed over.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:02

teentitan wrote:LMFAO thanks for the answer. That's one of the problems they leave it to the veteran to "decide" how much taxes to take off. I've been trying for years to get VAC to step up and look at tax implications but they have their heads in the sand.
CPP D! VAC is totally oblivious to the procedure's and the juggling act.
If they say they care for vets then take the time to explain taxes and procedures.

It is not VA's responsibility ...When I first retired I had three jobs at the same time. It was NOT the employers responsiblity to take enough TAXES off my pay..it was mine. As for VA explaining taxes and the procedures they did when they sent the letter of my PIA to me. I believe there was a form I could fill out and send back to them to deduct more off. But again it is my responsibility to do it and I choose not to. One other point When two different departments such as CPP D and VAC dont communicate. Lets look at ELB when I was working part time and still on ELB i had to fax in my pay stub every month....when the gov already had a system call EI and when I was on EI the first year out of the service all I had to do was go on line every week and put in my hours I worked... That would be a one area that needs to improve. Keeping it simple since they already invented the wheel to do it. But at the end of the day do I still think the NVC is good YES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 11 Dec 2012, 15:42

LMFAO thanks for the answer. That's one of the problems they leave it to the veteran to "decide" how much taxes to take off. I've been trying for years to get VAC to step up and look at tax implications but they have their heads in the sand.
CPP D! VAC is totally oblivious to the procedure's and the juggling act.
If they say they care for vets then take the time to explain taxes and procedures.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 11 Dec 2012, 15:32

That does not address the question
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 15:09

The old system is gone... exception is when you are still getting a pension and you are assess and you pension amount increases. "Grandfathered". Any new VA case is on the NVC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 14:48

dva ive concidered it and reconcidered it and its dva all the way.just thought id add mine as well.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 14:21

teentitan wrote:It's not a question of being taxed it's "how" you are taxed. Do they add up all the benefits you are recieveing, as in your case LMFAO, ELB, PIA and tax the sum or do they tax each benefit seperately?

By not calculating your gross properly you are not being taxed at the right income so if each is taxed seperately you will be taxed lightly on each then at the end of the year your taxes paid will be short compared to your gross income.

Now I understand your question! Yes we are tax on everything different "ie PIA, CFIS, etc". You can ask VA to take off a % of your choice so that at the end of the year for tax time you have already paid. But I my case pay now pay later. I have always owed taxes even when I was serving, and I always paid them on the 30 Dec.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 13:21

Oh , not to be a defeatist , but I believe the government and even if Teens favorite political party the liberals get in will fight the lawsuit tooth and nail, sisip was 5 years with negioated settlement, this time they will fight, I still hope victory for you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 13:02

Tax free is the way to go, as you know I was booted from the EELB because I am, and always have been on sisip ltd , just zero summed, my vac worker says you can't be on both that's why they took it away but I never received anything from both of them She seems to think I am lucky with the old system and sisip because she said that Vac Elb isn't meant to be a pension and wasn't meant to replace the pension act and persons on elb will have to try and get retraining and a job because its not a pension, She made it seem like I like not working, so I said as long as I don't need the mandortary year visits don't bother me and I will let you know if I need something, it's crazy fighting vac but its true they are turning into an insurance company

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum