Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Class Action

3 posters

Go down

Class Action Empty Re: Class Action

Post by bigrex Sat 05 Jan 2013, 18:26

I believe Will is right. She should have no claim on any money earned after the divorce. It may affect child support, but alimony should be based upon money earned during the marriage, or any pensioned earned from that time.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 15:45

Then Supremedebater my hats off to you.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 15:42

Redfisher. The method and year or years you choose to claim your retro money may have a huge impact on what your ex receives. if you go back and claim the funds in the years they were owed, and if you were married in those years...well, maybe she is entitled...but if this class action settlement lets us choose the year in which we claim this then I think and hope your ex gets nothing if you claim it all in a year after your divorce????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 15:15

Supremedebater, your legal know how is needed. When the retro money comes in how can a guy protect himself from the ex trying to take it? I am preparing myself for the inevitable, retaining a lawyer, in order to help me but is there anywhere I could put some of the money so she can't get at it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 13:51

Thanks Teen, ya we've been here a looooong time for sure. Some days I look in the mirror and say "where has the time gone". And Correct Teen, I try my best to help everyone I can, spouses of Veterans, Veterans. I just want to see people treated fairly and if I can help in that process whether it be dealing with VAC or VRAB I will put my neck out. Everyone in VAC and VRAB know my name, maybe thats a bad thing lol. Anyway thanks and its nice to see some of the original CSAT people here, but fresh memberships are excellent too.

Supreme out

Supreme out

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:52

FYI Supremedebater is an original CSAT member. Back in the day when we were on a message board. Jeez that's gotta be 9/10 years ago.

What I'm saying is Supreme is legit! He studied law after VAC screwed him and his family and now his new job/hobby is payback. He's doing that by paying it forward to other vets who need help.

I'm glad Supreme is doing this job and website now because it is only going to be a huge advantage for us.

A tip of the hat to Supreme from the staff of VVi.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 16:31

Very good Supreme. sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 16:25

Good, my man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 16:16

Navrat...should I interpret that as good or bad lol...jk

Supreme out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 15:32

He's the one who represents the downtrotten, the castaways, the lower half of society, he is the equalizer

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 15:29

May I ask who the supreme debator is? Just curious.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Class Action Empty Class Action

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 14:35

But I think I will give it to everyone after everything is said and done...I do not want to raise alot of bad, negative attention. It has to do with punitive damages, negligence, Psychological stress as well as the very close outcome of the settlement. I know some are going to say...why did you post about it then? Well I want to set the record straight with regards to many issues and I really have to be careful with what I say because I do not want to misrepresent anyone. Nor do I want to start alot of shit here on the forum. I'm going to release it all very soon. Teentitan may not want me to post it on this site...maybe its alot of legal garble...but it explains why this and that have occured. So in due time. I will be putting it on my website as well. But its VERY interesting as I pooled alot of info for everyone and its alot of reading...but it will set the record somewhat straight. But I firmly believe now is not the time, prior to the settlement release. And I will not overstep the professional conduct with regards to another firm practicing law. Soon to come folks

Supreme out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum