Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naval Sea Boots

5 posters

Go down

Naval Sea Boots Empty Sea Boot Report

Post by CET_RickT Thu 27 Apr 2023, 10:45

Phylis, did you ever get any of teh info you were looking for?

CET_RickT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2023-04-27

Back to top Go down

Naval Sea Boots Empty Re: Naval Sea Boots

Post by Phyllis Fri 30 Aug 2019, 11:12

Does anyone have any studies on the effect of sea boots?

Phyllis
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 19:21

I am thinking it was 1998 but could be wrong. I personally was a CPO2 and had the authority and power to purchase locally when National stock ran out as i was on dress committee and also ran clothing stores in 2000. I purchased 2000 pair of really good quality boots that were being used by the Royal Navy in England. The sailors absolutely loved them but I lost the battle to have them purchased on a permanent basis. Due to the PWGSC minister being from a specific riding in Quebec that had a boot manufacturing plant we were forced to buy from that particular company.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 30 Jan 2013, 16:19

Even the new sea boots were poorly designed. The sole was less than half an inch thick with no cushioning whatsoever. So add the extra pressure put on the joints from being at sea and the vibrations you spoke of and it is no wonder that so many sailors do have issues with knees, ankles and backs. Unfortunately unless another country conducts a study and proves the link to service, much like Australia did with hearing loss, VAC will continue to deny any muscular skeletal disabilities unless there are specific accidents to attribute them to.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 30 Jan 2013, 07:44

I dont know but I have a comment on a little known problem in the military that causes joint issue and for sailors it is feet, ankles Knees and hips. It is vibration. Vibration from engines through the deck plates wear out the foot and lower joints fast. Some problems attributed to boots and walking with heavy loads has a underlying issue of vibration damage. So if your a Tanker APC M109, aircrew helocopter, transport, jet or ship engine room guy you may have this issue. Just info RCN not sure of your issue is poor boots causing ankle joint issues and knee issues but if so here is a likely cause.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Naval Sea Boots Empty Naval Sea Boots

Post by RCN-Retired Wed 30 Jan 2013, 03:12

Does anyone remember the year that we had to turn in our sea boots and start wearing those leather boots because it was deemed the sea boots were causing sailors foot problems? I am trying to deal with VAC on an issue but cannot find any information or remember the year all of this happened. I know we had the sea boot reissued in later years but not before they underwent a total change.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum