Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update From Sparrow Friday FINAL DAY At Proceedings

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Update From Sparrow Friday FINAL DAY At Proceedings  Empty Re: Update From Sparrow Friday FINAL DAY At Proceedings

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:19

1% of mc's fee would be 650K that is what i feel the lawyers should give him

Back to top Go down

Update From Sparrow Friday FINAL DAY At Proceedings  Empty Re: Update From Sparrow Friday FINAL DAY At Proceedings

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 01:09

Give Dennis a cool million dollars as he and his family deserve it. Or 2.83% in disbursemnets whichever he chooses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 20:14

Yes Sparrow as I said it will take weeks (probably 2-4) not as you first reported "days", it was also nice to meet you and your hubby.
For me I have to be honest I attended this for my own selfish reasons for my own healing, anything I could and have passed on was just what I heard and any outcome I may say is just an educated speculation on my part by attending.
What I speculate will be the outcome

1. Judge will ok/approve the proposal probably with a few words indicating his knowledge of the deemed tax implications to the class and that they should attain individual professional tax advice amongst a plethora of reasons for his acceptance
2. Judge will accept the percentage method vs the multiplier method of payment of legal fees, but will reduce percentage from 17.83% to approximately 6-8% on retro only, plus he might make it on net amount of retro not gross. he can't make GOC pay and they will not offer.

3. Judge will allow $50,000 stipend but not increase it due to fact that the class was already informed that that was the amount to be given no wording that more might be given, if he does allow more it won't be much.
in my opinion Dennis should be getting 1% of what MC gets

All educated speculation on my part, we will see in give or take a month

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 19:08

I Thank people for there time and efforts with relaying info out of Halifax.

BUT WHERE IS MC

Don't they have an opinion or info or are they now the dark under the mushroom?

We didn't MC say that their will be a delay? Instead they knew there would be but didn't tell us there would be another delay. I thought the last month was all to go over what was passed in and it would be judged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 Feb 2013, 17:38

Well I have apologized when wrong and retracted the comment when found to be inappropriate.
I just figure you may want to do the right thing.

Its your call just a thought

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:27

I posted this in another thread.

Thank you Dennis & McInnes Cooper

by LMFAO Today at 04:35

I want to say thanks to you and the Firm again for the outstanding support that you have and are still showing the Veterans of Canada. You were the one that paved the road for the rest of our future SISIP / VAC veterans. There has been many pro’s and con’s against the firm and you but I personally respect what you have done. In my case I am just a 24 month GIFTED client but I will enjoy whatever the final $$$ will be.

It is "GREAT" to hear from the CSAT team that went to Halifax who listen and learn what the REAL story and facts of the Class Action were and this proves the Firm has been right all along. You never did forget the Veteran and from what the CSAT team has said NO Veteran Will be Left Behind. I sincerely hope you get what you deserve for all the hard work and loyalty you have shown us VETERANS

Thank you again

Anonymous Veteran

Now as for apologising for my tack less comments no I don’t believe I need to apologise I call it as I see it as I am not politically correct. There is an old saying You can’t fix stupid… how many time has the law firm explain things trying to get their point across, how many times has Teen tried to pass on actually creditable info so many flipping times yet so many here. I find it ironic that at the end of the day and those that went to the hearing learnt so much and passed it on to this forum… but as I have said again today…even telling the TRUTH, some people still doesn’t compute with some on this forum. In the beginning I came here for information creditable information… what I found most of the time is a GONG Show… I have support both the law firm and Dennis from the beginning and as it seems those that ended up going and I don’t mean all of them are now seeing the truth for what it is and was. McInnes Cooper has always had our best interest in hand. As for their payment % give what they are asking as I feel they deserve it. ZERO = ZERO.

And a little note for those that cannot get a grip on the truth.

Except the things you cannot Change….. its in the Judges hands now and you all will get what is coming in due course.

Remember when most of you were in… On the Bus off the Bus…

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:26

LMFAO
Maybe you need to appologize to all the people that you got nasty with who have been so clearing proven right after the last two days before you go.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 14:45

No resolution, no decision, only further delays! My herd of Goats are going to bitch slap someone right up the kisser! I need this to be OVER and I mean OVER right now. No more fn delays no more fn around just get it done!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFrustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 13:32

Thanks for the straight forward truth to all the facts. And the truth shall set us free… well maybe just from some of the comments already the asylum doors have been left open and their massing in the courtyard… This should be an interesting few weeks until the decision is posted.

You can please some of the people sometime, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Have fun people… I’m out of here.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 15 Feb 2013, 13:29

Wow what a day. So much happened I had to make an entry in the Therapy Corner of CSAT lol.
We have answers to everything. Just wish Legal was the first to tell us. We now await for the legal fee and all is done. No stress their's just hops and wishes.

peep <--------- Very Happy
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 13:15

My opinions are based on facts presented at the proceedings. Not my speculations just truth and facts. The facts are referenced by both Councils and concurred by the Justice. It is what it is and I am in agreement that it is the best that our legal team could accomplish within the parametres of the existing legal precedances and law.

Sparrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:56

Yes, the decision from Justice Barnes will be one final decision at such time approx. weeks, not months. In the decision he will rule on the only matters that he can which are a) accept or decline the settlement as it stands now, he can not strike or add or detract anything from the proposed agreement that is presently in his hands. b) he has the discretion to make changes to Dennis's honorarium however he did express concerns with amending that amount based on the fact that it was presented by legal in that amount and due to not hearing from all 7500 class members directly, he is hestitant to change it now to prevent future issues members of the class may have if he does. However, legal can do what they want with their contingency fees so one can only assume that option is available. Legal made it very clear that they will suport any decision on increasing Dennis's stipend.
c) It is my understanding from what I heard that the Justice could decrease the legal fees. If anyone in attendance could confirm for me the three points would be appreciated but it was how I read it all.

So no Justice can not and will not amend the agreement nor can he ask the Feds to pay legal or any part of legal and no damages possible. And the Crown is not going to offer to pay legal or part there of in my opinion.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:49

The Education Fund came into action because legal could not get damages from the Feds because it was legally not possible in any fashion whatsoever and this was the best they could do with the Crown. This was stated by both sides and the Justice concurred. I accept that damages were not ever on the table legally and therefore the Education Fund is what it is a proxy and something that is available for current and future vets. I chose to look at it for what it is.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:47

The problem with GOC translates are that they don't speak or read or write English very well. That's what takes so long our tax money at is finest real its you have to be French to work for GOC they will train you to be English.

And I am French so not making an attack here just stating the facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:44

Too funny, the games never stop!,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next