Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the Lawfirm SHOULD be paid...

Go down

What the Lawfirm SHOULD be paid... Empty Re: What the Lawfirm SHOULD be paid...

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 17:23

That'd be awesome, eh, if it were true, getting paid out by the lawyers before anyone else receives a dime from the government. Nah, nobody sold no one out.

Just a rumour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 16:53

Another rumour told to me, which I can not verify nor confirm, was told by a financial planner from Dartmouth NS who said someone involued in a lawsuit against the GOC was receiving their stipend this week and he has an investment appointment. Relayed to me by a fellow collecting funds for guide dogs for the PTSD guys! . Can not confirm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 16:48

My intel comes from the only place where you can drop by everyday , have some suds, and pick and choose which rumour you want to believe! Hammy town legion!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 16:36

If this is true, then why start a contract unless you have been given information?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 16:23

Navrat wrote:A contract was placed with purolater for registered mail service from Halifax to the rest of country, with contract starting 1 July until 31 dec 2013, for large volume deliveries requiring signature .

Just read this Nav. Really?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 15:30

A contract was placed with purolater for registered mail service from Halifax to the rest of country, with contract starting 1 July until 31 dec 2013, for large volume deliveries requiring signature .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 15:05

Mebbe after all the crap we've had to endure, the Judge will award them nothing. Zero, and call it a pro-bono case for helping injured veterans get back what was theirs in the first place.

It'd be nice, but it's just another pipe dream, we know we're screwed.

(My avatar has being saying that since the beginning)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 13:01

By virtue of being medically released 3(b) from your position within the CF you became a civilian statistic. You filled out the paper work you did as you were told you argued only slightly and you continued on your miserable way towards financial hardship. VAC gave you a monthly gratuity and some dink at SISIP who really knew that you deserved this gratuity only followed policy and denied you your benefits because someone over on the GOC side figured “WTF” lets deem this as “other source income” and screw us a couple thousand veterans. Along comes a guy who could not sue the GOC and he informs a Law Firm he get him he could take my place. Thus the case goes to court the court says blow it out your hole and try again or do this and that and you got a deal. Law Firm says wait a minute lets fight these pricks and thus you have the birth of a class action suit. Law Firm knows that the GOC is never going to confirm, apologize or even award the Lead Plaintiff or Law Firm shit. How do you guarantee payment, soak a bunch of whiners and drag them along with a bunch of conditions that serve only the legal team and call it a day. When the end becomes near and everything looks rosy, kiss the veterans arses and call them wonderful people hug a few then shut the fucking door and watch the dumb ass idiot’s ping off the walls. If you feel wonderful about being treated like monetary cannon fodder you can kiss my ass too, we have been used and fucked over again by the same system that could give a rats ass about the guy buried in Holland, you know the guy that died for his country fighting on foreign soil.
The only VET left behind is a silent Vet, I for one want that damn site knocked off the planet it disgusts me and it represents 66,000,000 reasons why the biggest crime that has been committed will continue to rob veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:32

I know ... But it would have been nice

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:20

Tracker, unfortunately, the vast majority of the class cannot opt out anymore. The opt out clause in the proposal, as explained by the lawyers last month, is there for Veterans who have been identified at the last minute ie: those going back to 1976, once they expanded the scope of the retro.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 12:08

Greatfoot, Imagine if we lived in a perfect world where the policy holder would step up and say "I see how all the Vet's are being misstreated by MC... So i will make a deal with them and all that decide to "Opt Out" can do so and I as policy holder will guarantee that they will receive all their Retro directly from SISIP and not have to pay those rediculous legal fees"

Back to top Go down

What the Lawfirm SHOULD be paid... Empty What the Lawfirm SHOULD be paid...

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:54

After the shenanigans put on by our lawfirm, and their reluctance to produce an accurate assessment of the work they have done, I firmly believe the following:

The Judge should award the lawfirm compensation for actual, documented expenses (disbursements) and for the actual hours worked at the median rate the lawfirm charges.

And NOTHING more.

The Judge should PUNISH the lawfirm for taking advantage of a severely disabled and disenfranchised group, and make it VERY clear that lawfirms are meant to assist and protect others.

From my perspective, the lawfirm has clearly taken advantage of our class, is trying to make obscene profits on our backs and pull the wool over the eyes of everyone involved.

I sincerely hope that the Judge is only taking his time to sew up his decision airtight, so there will be no recourse from any of the mercenaries involved, and that he means to send a clear and understandable message that veterans are not to be abused.

PUNISH them Judge, PUNISH them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum