Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP Requesting Notice of Assessments

+2
Sapper Zodiak
2 Truck
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SISIP Requesting Notice of Assessments Empty Re: SISIP Requesting Notice of Assessments

Post by peep Thu 11 Apr 2013, 16:29

Bigrex, yes we spoke of your situation last year. All as I know is SISIP is going to restart me now, if they think my Medical is satisfactory. I talked to the manager and she informed me what I needed. The Judge did approve the order as presented, so read Peters affidavit. Then he went on to discuss and set the law firms fee's.

I will look for what Peter sent me and send you a PM
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

SISIP Requesting Notice of Assessments Empty Re: SISIP Requesting Notice of Assessments

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Apr 2013, 16:03

Peep, I was only deemed TPI last year, and approved for EELB, PIA and PIA supp. After getting kicked off SISIP, I was forced to find work to support my family. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed working with the Commissionaires while I could, but it was only due to having a sedentary job, a high tolerance to pain and enough meds to dull the pain without making me drowsy. It took a lot of experimenting, but I did get it. But that remedy only lasted for so long, until no amount of meds helped with the pain. But that employment will likely only be used against me if I did try to get reinstated. So, unless MC comes out and specifically states that everyone who has been approved by one or more of the proxies, even outside the initial 24 months, can have their SISIP reinstated, with full retro, then I doubt I will even bother.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 11 Apr 2013, 15:23

Good point Bigrex.

But now is the time, if you have a Dr willing to give you a report, to send it into SISIP and get a chance at getting started.

With that said, I was told by Peter that CPP (D) will count as a start since it is harder to get than SISIP. Unfortunately he told me that 6 months before the trial date, so who knows.

But don't pass up a gift horse if you see one! Just expect its not a sure thing.

peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 15:00

Ladies and Gents; they will not spread your income out over 12 months as they cannot use some sources of income as relevant sources of income, IE severance pay etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Thu 11 Apr 2013, 14:52

What I found out about ROE. Your employer only has to keep them for 6 years and the Goverment keeps them for 10 years. I could not access them online. I am not setup with username and password. However I called the following number Employer Contact Centre at 1-800-367-5693.and they gave me the address to write to request your ROE. Please state year requested,reason,your SIN number and address, and ensure you sign the letter. Hope this help those in similar situation...

ROE copy request
PO bOX 1400
Bathurst NB
E2A 5A3

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Thu 11 Apr 2013, 14:18

ROE's are with Service Canada now.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Thu 11 Apr 2013, 14:11

Thanks BIGREX....Where can I get a copy of my record of employment sheet. I called CRA and all they can provide in the annual amount.

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Apr 2013, 13:42

Derngt, if they do request the annual income, I would also provide copies of your record of employment sheets. These will show that your employment did not overlap the time on LTD, and therefor should not be deducted. If it does, then take it to the third party adjudicator.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Apr 2013, 13:40

Peep, I don't think you get future money just because of getting CPP(D). The way I read the proposal, was that you have had to been zeroed out AND getting one of these proxies, during the initial 24 month period in order to have your file adjudicated. So even if he had CPP(D) and the PA pension deducted, but collected $1 per month for LTD, if they did not deem you totally disabled after 24 months, you cannot get reinstated. Or if you are dropped after the 24 months and then become permanently disabled, and start receiving one of the proxies, there is no chance of getting back on SISIP. I set an email to Peter a while back, but never received further explanation on this aspect of the proxies.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 13:40

was this request for your annual statement of income in the package sent to you in the fall by SISIP?

I answered no to the questions asking if I had worked so I am assuming that they have both my pension info right from GoC and my CPP(D) info right from the CRA.

Maybe thats why not everyone has been asked to provide this "Statement of Income"

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Thu 11 Apr 2013, 13:29

I get LTD from my other federal job after my military career, and its from Manulife.
I am not sure "the chance I will have to take" I think you misunderstood my post.
I was a 24month///make money before I started SISIP... Then when SISIP ended I started to work again. So I dont owe SISIP anything. However, I worked from Jan to May(at the end of May I started SISIP) When SISIP ended after 24 months in MAY I went back to work. So basically I had income for 5 months before SISIP and 7 months after SISIP stopped. Now SISIP will want an annual statement of income. If I provide that it will wrongly show income during the period I was working and not collecting SISIP. WHich is wrong...

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 11 Apr 2013, 13:16

Wait! Your wrong!

If you have CPP (D) then you now qualify for LTD going forward. That was approved in the decision. Request it. What do you have to loose. Its starting me for that reason.

As for you other point, They with drew from your 75% of your wage at release, Your pension, VAC pension, and CPP (D). Unfortunately this class action only fought for and removed VAC pension form the formula. But I see your polite. Its a chance you will have to take. And maybe get away with it, but be prepared for at least 2 tax seasons to get caught.

Risky.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Thu 11 Apr 2013, 13:07

I am oly a 24month. My military pension us clawed back because of my CPPD. It seems people that are 24months have not been asked for information from SISIP.

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 11 Apr 2013, 13:00

Good point, probably no one. I pushed the issue to SISIP and spoke to the Manager. She is the one that told me what is required for going forward payments.

I suppose if you wait, you will get a letter in the mail requesting this info, and it may or may not delay payments. But if you have CPP (D) and they pay you, then find out later, they will claw you back. Simple math.

peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

SISIP Requesting Notice of Assessments Empty UGG

Post by derngt Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:50

peep wrote:I was requested to send in my original "Notice of Assessments" from my date of release till now, a new Medical report and contact info for the Dr, and my Original "Letter of Entitlement" for CPP (D) disability.

IF you have not given SISIP yours, do it now!!!!!! Or expect delays. Mad

Getting originals from revenue Canad and Canada Pension disability take allot of time!

I am in the same position. My SISIP started in the month of MAY and ended in MAY. SO I had income before and after I recieved SISIP...Not during. SO if I send in a NOA it will rob me of money. Why should they divide my income by 12 months when I only made income when I was not getting SISIP...Furthermore I have not recieved and notice from SISIP requesting any information from me. So what is up with that...I dont think its wise if I send in infor before its requested. Furthermore, how many people were asked to send in info after they contacted SISIP...Thanks

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next