Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get off McInnes Cooper Back! Call Sisip at 1-855-370-0025 if you want action its in their control.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Get off McInnes Cooper Back! Call Sisip at 1-855-370-0025 if you want action its in their control. Empty Re: Get off McInnes Cooper Back! Call Sisip at 1-855-370-0025 if you want action its in their control.

Post by bigrex Wed 10 Apr 2013, 12:33

Teen, I agree that 7500 is a lot of files, but many are very simple. I can do mine in about 1 minute.

Year one - $3508 LTD - $1426 PA pension x 12 months = $17112 retro
Year two - $3578 LTD - $1474 PA pension x 12 months = $17668 retro

Total retro = $34800 + interest

As long as you were not zeroed out, SISIP knows exactly how much you made per month. They made sure that they weren't shelling out any money they didn't have to. So for the majority of the class members, our retro should already be calculated, leaving only the more complex zero sum clients files to work on.

But the real problem is the added stress that is being caused by the SISIP CM's themselves. If there is an official line, then they should all use it. But some saying that some money has already been sent, and others saying they can't do any work towards finalizing this without authorization, is absurd. Not to mention some saying they're being done randomly, while others say those with active files get paid first, and even more saying their all being held back and released at the same time, just adds to the frustration and confusion. This is why the law firm needs to release their memo as of yesterday. They know what type of anxiety this is causing, and maybe they are getting some sort of sick pleasure for their part. But enough is enough.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Get off McInnes Cooper Back! Call Sisip at 1-855-370-0025 if you want action its in their control. Empty Re: Get off McInnes Cooper Back! Call Sisip at 1-855-370-0025 if you want action its in their control.

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 12:20

Teen, thatlast mile is alway the worst, Many people ar workinghard to get all of this to come to an end. Wy is it long? It's because we are waiting, that is always to long any where at any time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:32

I know everyone is very "wound up" right now and want this over with. Very understandable but let's try to remember Manulife is doing 7500 worksheets to pass onto MC. That's a lot of calculations to do. I for one want to make sure that they put the right numbers into the computer to do my calculations.

So let's remember 7500 claims to process. If I call Manulife the first question I would ask "

Is there enough coffee and tea at the office? If not I'll send you some, with some Timbits if everyone is feeling peckish."

So let's all try to be patient at this time.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:21

Greatfoot i've PM'ed you , due to not using names hereonthe CSAT

For Country
retired Army Master Sniper
dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:18

Like I said until we receive an email, "Look This Way ", "Stand Up", "Hook UP" Check Static Line", "Sound off Equipment Check", "Winds 7", "Stand By," don't go until given the command to "Go" and when you exit the aircraft you will execute all airborne drills will professionalism and respect for fellow jumpers and a proper Jab, Have a good one, Now Jab MF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:11

So, I spoke with SISIP this morning as well, and all they could tell me was that the calculations are being done, and being forwarded to McInnes-Cooper.

For whatever that is worth, I don't really know, but things are moving forward, albeit at a glacial pace.

Edit:

I guess I read into it what I wanted to see. What the person at SISIP, in point of fact, told me was that they are doing the calculations. She did not say anything about forwarding the information, that was my interpretation only. I apologize for any disconcern this may have caused.

Big shout out to Recon031 for keeping me honest.

What's the role of recce?

To mark the forward edge of the battle area with pillars of greasy black smoke.

Smile

Last edited by Greatfoot on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 12:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:04

Last time, I checked, SISIP is our insurance plan and is contracted by the GoC, not our lawyers. So SISIP shouldn't be waiting for jack from our lawyers before starting their work, it should all be done by now. They hired extra people just for this purpose, so they haven't been paid to sit with their thumbs up their arses all this time, So the lawyers are not employing SISIP, BUT, we are employing the lawyers. They shouldn't have the choice to delay anything. After all, it has been four days since the decision was released, so there is no reason to delay, so I really do hope the courts are watching closely how this plays out, and can levy punishments for any untoward actions.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:06

Which lawyers? MC or GoC?

Hasn't this gone on LONG ENOUGH?

WTF are any of THEM waiting for?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:34

RobbieRoyal is ....................Correct .

straight from a human being with great interests in looking after us @ a very large insurance company ,

"""" the phone call """" / GREEN LIGHT has not been given , & so the calculations have """" NOT STARTED YET , BECAUSE THE LAWYERS HAVE NOT GIVEN THE GO AHEAD """"""

as Steve said , Lay your """" RUMOR'S TO REST """""

it's dead in the water , """ They are WAITING ON THE LAWYER'S """

Straight from THE TOP

For Country
retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7....... don't spend it just yet , trust me on this one , it's going to take a while .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:27

Yes Robbie, that is what I'm doing, the info we get from MC, should give us a better Idea in regards to the retro pay time. after all they are the ones who will be distributing our money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:00

Check your emails and when you receive an update then post, until then "STAND BY".

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 08:54

Please, " do not feed the trolls"
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 08:48

Lets make this a site for accurate info ...if you haven't talked to the source do not post imaginary dreams.

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 08:47

Paragraph (9) of the settlement mentions $1.3 million accrual of interest each month of delay.

Please wait for what we should receive this week from the law firm in word on what will go on from here.

and remember to "not feed the trolls.."
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 08:34

Banjo007 wrote:Yes they are doing the calculations as we speak and yes Peter has confirmed to me calculations and money are coming into the office daily. It will be a matter of weeks then the first batches will go out!

I'm not denying what you're saying but this is the complete opposite of what the SISIP CM just told my wife a few minutes ago.

Aaarrrggghhh I hate reading so many rumours!!! I hope the info/intel you post is in fact correct because the sooner this is done, the sooner the healing process can begin for so many veterans.

I agree wholeheartedly with what ArthurPennBilly wrote. That seems more logical and reasonable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum