Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going on Holidays -No Cheque

2 posters

Go down

Going on Holidays -No Cheque Empty Re: Going on Holidays -No Cheque

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 09:48

Thanks folks! Wife called and spoke to Kristine at MC and they said they would hold her cheue IF it's part of the August group. Thanks again everyone for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 12:08

I am processed for July and I am moving this week to across the province so I let Kristine know and she is holding my cheque until she hears from me again with my new address as I didn't want to miss it.

Now another way may be go to Purlorotor and get a scan bar which allows Purlator to drop off packages at your house without you being there and no signature and then your sister who lives a few doors down can check daily if you are make the cut. I have one of these due to my small business and recieve many shipments from Purlator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Tue 09 Jul 2013, 21:51

I emailed Kristine when I was on leave down east and gave her the date I would be back just in Alberta just in case I was on the list. I'm back now and still waiting to make the cut

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 19:36

This going to sound tedious, but here is my suggestion:
1. Ask your family member to watch for the door knocker (notice) that Purolator will leave on your door.
2. Type up a letter authorizing your family member to sign on your behalf and receive your package. Photocopy your drivers license (both sides), so the people at the depot can verify your home address and signature on the letter with the address and signature on your drivers license.
3. Have a great time on your vacation and good luck for August!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 18:54

This is an example of why the funds should have been arranged to be direct deposited. In advance, recipiants only needed to provide a void cheque to set up the deposit. I am sure there are reasons this isn't being done but just my thoughts after the run around we are having with Purolator today....

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 09 Jul 2013, 18:41

Hey there jumper BoltAction308 like WOV said that is one option #2 call Kristine and follow up with an e-mail and change the delivery point to you sister in laws house # IF you go on purolators web site click on HELP then go to Frequently asked questions then click on recieving my shipment, they will only hold your mail for 5 days, you can set up with them for someone else to pickup your mail on your behalf you just have to notify them in your area whom will be picking it up if not you, and that person will be allowed to with the proper I/D. # last you can use my name so when I check next month I have 2 chances and posssible 2 cheques just kidding lol, but book your vaction as this should work out fine for ya bolt dont stay confined get out while you have the chance and enjoy brother. Rucksack031 over but never out
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 17:08

Hi BoltAction

I saw someone else on FB with the same problem and they were told to call MC since it is them that releases the package.
Maybe call Kristine at MC and ask her to hold on to your package until you come back.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Going on Holidays -No Cheque Empty Going on Holidays -No Cheque

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 16:51

You watch! This is what will likely happen for my wife and I come August. While we're on holidays, I'll check the app and will see that my wife's cheque is processed for August. The problem there is we'll be in the U.S. somewhere!!!  What then? Will Purolator leave a little notice card and if so, how long will they hold onto it before returning it back to the sender?

I wonder if I left a note on the door to have Purolator (should the cheque be processed for August that is) to deliver it to my sister-in-law a few houses down from us? Probably not 'eh? Oh man will this ever suck if her cheque is released in August and we then have to run around to find out where and who has it! This is the first time we're actually hoping it's not processed in August!

Any suggestions?

Last edited by BoltAction308 on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 16:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't type today)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum