Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new member needs help

2 posters

Go down

new member needs help Empty Re: new member needs help

Post by rigger1961 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:56

Hi
I am a vet,and I have a hearing loss, but I got out in 1990 and was told nothing could be done so I never filed for a disability pension, also my knees which were documented as work related injuries were also dismissed and I was younger and just believed the DND person and never pursued help. I have gone from one job to another, in security related and I am presently in College for Customs border service, but I can not go to the enforcement jobs because that requires 8 weeks of boot camp which my knees will not survive, so I am bound for a desk job. I am a trained and qualified B law officer, Provincial Offense officer,but can not get the higher earning jobs because hearing loss and bad knees are stopping me. I only heard of a chance at help while at work yesterday. I will go to my local Vet office and check into it as you suggest, Thanks for helping.
rigger1961
rigger1961
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 29 Jul 2013, 23:13

Rigger, first, we need to know exactly what benefits are you talking about , because there are no Veteran's benefits per say, just disability benefits for those Veterans injured on the job. And two, you don't sign up for the SISIP class action, you are either in it by default or you are not, based on records held by SISIP. Honestly I'm not thinking you are a member of the class. I'm not saying that you are not a Veteran, but you have to have been getting a disability pension since before 2006, to be a member of the class, but the way you have asked your questions doesn't lead me to believe you've had to deal with VAC before.

I could be wrong, but if I'm not, and you are just seeking benefits now, all you have to do is contact Veterans Affairs Canada, give them some pertinent info, such as the nature of your disability, and they will mail all the required forms to your home. Then once you receive the initial disability award, if successful, you can then apply for further benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

new member needs help Empty new member needs help

Post by rigger1961 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 22:00

Hi,
I am wondering where I get the forms to fill out for veterns benefits? and where do I sign up for the class action? Thanks
rigger1961
rigger1961
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum