Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans Affairs Definition of a Veteran

Go down

Veterans Affairs Definition of a Veteran Empty Re: Veterans Affairs Definition of a Veteran

Post by Guest Tue 02 Nov 2010, 16:51

Re: PERIODICAL - CVNDOP - Nov 2010 Issue No: 201037

One Veteran – regardless of where or when every member of the CF, the RCMP and other recognized organizations (for example the Merchant Marine) is an equal member of the Veterans Community along with their families and care givers.

I and a lot of RCMP/ Police Services officers who have served and sacrificed over seas have been waiting to see this said for a very long time. For the first time I do not feel as much a 2nd class disabled Veteran. Thank you Veterans Voice

Eric Rebiere (former Cst. RCMP 37515)

P.S. I mentioned on V V I that I checked the VAC site and they have pulled the definition of a Veteran from their site. Maybe the government is listening.
God Bless you guys on behalf of a lot of forgotten RCMP disabled Vets (approx. 7000) of which 30 percent have an Occupational Stress injury like PTSD. I plan to set up a web site to find these forgotten vets.

Back to top Go down

Veterans Affairs Definition of a Veteran Empty Veterans Affairs Definition of a Veteran

Post by Guest Tue 02 Nov 2010, 12:59

i just checked the VAC site and they have pulled the page that posted their definition of a Veteran. Is the Government of Canada going to include the RCMP and Police Services officers who have served in Afghanistan and other special duty areas? Will they leave us as those other people that got injured in Afghanistan oh well. I suspect their will be a new definition and hope they do not leave us as those people that call themselves veterans while recovering from PTSD etc. The Canadian Military and the RCMP are doing two different difficult jobs in Afghanistan but the common denominator is that both work in the same hell hole called Afghanistan. What is a Veteran?

Eric Rebiere (former Cst. RCMP 37515)

Back to top Go down