Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR THIS ZERO SUM BOUY

+2
DeeCee
1993firebird
6 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR THIS ZERO SUM BOUY - Page 4 Empty Re: INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR THIS ZERO SUM BOUY

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 16:37

A theme appears to be developing with respect to the form T1198 and our tax returns. Exercise in futility. As Propat posted, we have the right to view the calculations by CRA.

Back to top Go down

INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR THIS ZERO SUM BOUY - Page 4 Empty Re: INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR THIS ZERO SUM BOUY

Post by DeeCee Wed 09 Apr 2014, 16:18

Hi folks, my taxes were done a few weeks ago and the 1198's did not make any difference. The CRA and my calculations ended up the same. 16,000 or so, more tax on top of all the mandatory tax deductions already taken.  Frack, I was not happy, however, all the "new or lazy Canadians" need to eat and buy smokes! I applied and was approved CCPD last fall. As a result, my cf pension was robbed of about 600 per month. However my CCPD added 1250 or so a month so I am 650 ahead. I am also getting LTD at 12-1300 a month.
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 22:46

well Harman just from personal experience it is not uncommon to be denied and it is also not uncommon for appeals to be successful but I have no hard national numbers. as for the number of appeals the new social security tribunal (SST)has muddied the waters somewhat for me as I am unfamiliar with it however it is my understanding you get one appeal with CPPD then two with the SST. now keep in mined if your condition gets worse even slightly you can always submit a new claim.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 20:55

Thanks propat, I am waiting for the second decision on CPP D benefits presently having been denied the first time round. How common is a denial on the first round and how many appeals if you know, are available for benefits of CPP D. I am also in LTD appeals process presently as well. Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 20:43

Harman all robbies points are correct but id like to expand on point 1 and 2 a little bit to stress the point.

at 65 they calculate your CPP level using a long winded formula however the moast important part of it is how much you paid in over the PAST number of years.

so if you become disabled at a young ore fairly young age and do not apply for CPPD you may end up with little to no CPP after they do their calculations.

if you become disabled at a young ore fairly young age and apply for CPPD and get it your CPP level is frozen (for most armed forces with 4 plus years that should put you at ore neer the top level) so when you transition from CPPD to CPP you will get payed at that high level.

THIS MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!

APPLY AGAIN!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 08 Apr 2014, 20:03

Arrow 

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 19:44

you got it,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 19:41

Thanks RobbieRoyal, I have DTC and although denied CPP D on first round, I am appealing for CPP D presently. Again, thanks for the info.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 19:34

Harman this is from Veteran Help on the VV1 Forums list, I put this in awhile back
Lesson 3. This I have learned and boy it is a hard pill to swallow for some but it makes sence in the long run. CPPD (Canadian Pension Plan Disability Benefit) and DTC (Disability Tax Credit) apply for it immediately.
Why?
1. It makes the transition from long term disability to old age pension easier.
2. I t shows the CRA that you could not pay into the CPP therefore they may go easy on you when you turn 65 or when you apply.
3. If you do not apply then SISIP could terminate your monthly LTD benefits for non-compliancy reasons regarding LTD policy, is it a bad thing? Actually yes to the CPPD application (because they SISIP did not tell you about these rules until you felt overwhelmed and pissed at not knowing) and no as being a recipient of another taxable source of income will net you more cash flow especially if you have children. Pain in the ass initially but worth it and remember you may not qualify first time around but at least your crossing your T’s and dotting your I’s. This makes SISIP happy.
I will enlist the knowledge of others to write our CPPD stories here and maybe you can take something from our stories. I do believe not all stories will be happy but I do believe them full of information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 19:20

propat, I am in the same situation, could you explain what you mean about the cpp level? Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 19:17

Robbie also glad to here about the cppd .

yup not a big difference right now.

but as I stressed back when you were wondering if it was worth applying for.

it freezes your cpp level.

this will pay big dividends for you when you hit 65.

to all of you that are permanently disabled and can no longer work.

APPLY FOR CPPD NOW !!!!!!!!

THIS WILL BE VERRY IMPORTAT AT 65!!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 19:07

Robbie you have the right to ask for you 1198 calculations.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 18:16

right on dude pays for my kids education

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 18:12

You certainly have paid your fair share of taxes. Moving forward RobbieRoyal, congrats on your CPP D benefits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 18:02

Like I said this was my situation and yes I do know a few that will be in the same boat, my intent is to pass on info good or bad because these are stepping stones troops and we all need a soft place to land once in awhile even though it sucks. As for the T1198, when I asked if the T1198 sheet was used in the calculations, He said, “Yes Sir I see the T1198 Statement of Qualifying Retroactive Lump-Sum Payment was used in the calculation process and it did not impact your initial Tax Return.”
Have to ask about the 3.27% as a tax break lol wonder where I'd be without taxes lol. Oh yeah here is another one just in today, accepted CPPD and every penny I received went right back to SISIP and CFSA as overpayment recovery, so another 21,000 to someone else, so while we are bitching i paid out over 133,000 in taxes this year, that is more than i made in the past 6 years combined. PS as I stated to my boy RECON, still smiling and looking forward to making someone else's life a bitch. AIRBORNE,
PS Harman confirmed over the phone but I see nothing on paper(Notice of Assessment) Summary does not indicate any such forms being used and why would they if they made no impact on my return oops what return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next